- This article is about the Level 60 Relic Weapons. For the minion, see Anima (Minion). For the dungeon boss, see Anima (Boss).
- See also: Replica Anima Weapons
Anima Weapons are the level 60 Relic Weapons for Heavensward. First released in patch 3.15, players do not need to complete the level 50 Zodiac Weapon quest chains to unlock the Anima Weapon quest chain. Players who have obtained the Zodiac Zeta Weapons will be able to skip the first step of Anima Weapon quest chain. This advantage is not job specific. For example, if players have obtained the WAR Zeta weapon they will still be able to skip while doing the DRK anima weapon.
Compared to ARR's Zodiac Weapons, the Heavensward relic steps are heavily based on items you can buy with Allagan Tomestones of Poetics and Grand Company Company Seals. Players can spend excess currency in advance before starting this quest chain. However, not all of the items are available for purchase before the quests have been started. After upgrading their Anima weapon to iLvl 230, players can buy replica versions of past enhancement steps from the Restoration Node for glamour.
Relic weapons from past expansions are not intended for combat use, but for cosmetic, achievements, and collection purposes. Weapons of similar power, for the same player level, that are much more easily obtainable and are intended for character progression can be bought with Allagan Tomestones of Poetics.
A young researcher hailing from the Near East has come to Eorzea in search of aid. His field of study? Anima, an essence he considers to be a reflection of the soul. Through a chance encounter with the master craftsman Gerolt, he and the legendary blacksmith have joined forces to create a weapon the likes of which the realm has never seen.
Though it is only a matter of time before the anima fully develops, Ardashir believes he can hasten the process. To that end, he voyages to Idyllshire in search of an acquaintance, one Ulan. A fellow researcher and enthusiast of all creatures arcane, she has devoted her life to their study and methods by which they can be enhanced. Could her work be the key to unlocking the anima's potential?
After many tests and trials, the anima would appear to be at the pinnacle of perfection. To that end, Ardashir is making preparations to return to the Near East that he might present his findings. Gerolt, on the other hand, believes there is yet work to be done. Could our resident drunkard and realm-renown blacksmith hold the key to the anima's advancement?
As repair work on the Allagan droid progresses, it becomes clear that it won't be long until the anima weapon is fortified at last. Just what form will the anima take once all is said and done? Well, that's the million-gil question.
Animated Weapons (iLvl 170)
- Main article: Animated Weapons/Quest
To unlock the quest chain, players need to be level 60 with a Disciple of War or Disciple of Magic and complete the Main Scenario Quest Heavensward. You will then need to complete the one-time quest An Unexpected Proposal. Afterwards you will need to complete Soul without Life for each relic you wish to acquire. You will need to acquire an Astral Nodule and an Umbral Nodule from Syndony in Mor Dhona(x22,y5). There are two options for how to do so:
- Option 1: Farm FATEs in each of the six Heavensward zones for crystals. You need one type of crystal from each zone. The drop rate is relatively high as of 2023: about one in three FATEs will drop a crystal, so the grind is not onerous. However, due to the nature of random drops, you might get a crystal from the first FATE as well as, for example, from sixth FATE.
- Collect a Luminous Wind Crystal from The Sea of Clouds, a Luminous Fire Crystal from Azys Lla, and a Luminous Lightning Crystal from The Churning Mists and turn in for an Astral Nodule.
- Collect a Luminous Ice Crystal from Coerthas Western Highlands, a Luminous Earth Crystal from The Dravanian Forelands, and a Luminous Water Crystal from The Dravanian Hinterlands and turn in for an Umbral Nodule.
- Option 2: Turn in a Zodiac Zeta Weapon for an Astral Nodule and Umbral Nodule. This will cause you to lose the selected Zodiac Zeta Weapon!
|Animated Weapons (iLvl 170)|
Awoken Weapons (iLvl 200)
- Main article: Awoken Weapons/Quest
Awoken weapons have the same model as the basic ones, but with a colored glow.
You will need to complete Toughening Up for each weapon you wish to upgrade. This quest requires you to complete 10 dungeons with the Animated weapon equipped. You need to have the weapon equipped as you click the exit portal after each dungeon, and the dungeons must be completed in the order given in the quest. High level players can solo the dungeons unsynced by using the Unrestricted Party option. The dungeons you will need to complete are as follows: Snowcloak, Sastasha (Hard), The Sunken Temple of Qarn (Hard), The Keeper of the Lake, The Wanderer's Palace (Hard), Amdapor Keep (Hard), The Dusk Vigil, Sohm Al, The Aery, and The Vault. There will be 2 intermissions in which you have to talk to an NPC. After completing all 10 dungeons, turn in the quest to upgrade your weapon.
|Weapons Awoken (iLvl 200)|
Anima Weapons (iLvl 210)
Anima weapons have a new model that does not glow.
- Main article: Anima Weapons/Quest
For Coming into Its Own, you will need to collect the following:
- 10x each of Unidentifiable Bone, Unidentifiable Shell, Unidentifiable Ore, and Unidentifiable Seeds (40 items total)
- These are available from multiple sources, including purchase from Sundry Splendors for 150 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics each, or 6,000 total, tribal tokens, loot from Alexander: Gordias, or other sources. See Anima Weapons/Quest for more details.
- As of patch 3.38, the amount of unidentifiable items required has been haved.
- 4x each of Adamantite Francesca, Titanium Alloy Mirror, Dispelling Arrow, and Kingcake (16 items total)
- These can be crafted, or can be purchased from other players via the Market Board for gil, or, as of patch 3.38, purchased from your Grand Company quartermaster for 5,000 Company Seals each ( 80,000 total). See Anima Weapons/Quest for more details.
- As of patch 3.2, these recipes no longer require specialization to craft, and as of patch 3.38, these crafted items no longer have to be HQ.
|Item Quick Reference|
|Anima Weapons (iLvl 210)|
Hyperconductive Anima Weapons (iLvl 230)
- Main article: Hyperconductive Anima Weapons/Quest
Hyperconductive Anima weapons have a glow and some special effects added to their model.
|Item Quick Reference|
|Hyperconductive Anima Weapons (iLvl 230)|
Reconditioned Anima Weapons (iLvl 240)
- Main article: Reconditioned Anima Weapons/Quest
Reconditioned Anima weapons again have a new model.
This step is a bit more involved. For A Dream Fulfilled, you will need to collect Umbrite and Crystal Sand. The exact amount will vary due to RNG, but will generally be 57x-60x of each. Umbrite can be purchased for 75 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics each (4275-4500 total), while Crystal Sand will require you to trade with Ulan in Idyllshire for certain items. Each trade grants 2 Crystal Sand. Most of the trade options are a poor deal, and some require items that are no longer obtainable.
The only recommended options are:
- 5x Blue Crafters' Scrip Token ( 125 White Crafters' Scrip total) = 2 Crystal Sand
- 5x Blue Gatherers' Scrip Token ( 125 White Gatherers' Scrip total) = 2 Crystal Sand
- 5x Superior Enchanted Ink and 5x Thavnairian Mist ( 225 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics total) = 2 Crystal Sand.
Depending on the economy when you are doing this, primal parts might be a very efficient way to obtain the sand. Make sure to check the Market Board. See Reconditioned Anima Weapons/Quest for other trade options and further details.
Once you have acquired the items, talk to Ulan to create Refined Crystal Sand and upgrade the stats on your weapon. Once the step is complete, you can turn in the quest and upgrade your weapon.
|Item Quick Reference|
|Reconditioned Anima Weapons (iLvl 240)|
Sharpened Anima Weapons (iLvl 260)
- Main article: Sharpened Anima Weapons/Quest
Sharpened Anima Weapons are, you guessed it, the same as before but glowier.
- Purchase from Sundry Splendors for 40 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics each, or 2,000 total.
- 1x from the Daily Quest Cut from a Different Cloth, which requires you to run Duty Roulette: Level 50/60/70/80 Dungeons.
- 18x from the Weekly Quest Seeking Inspiration, which requires you to run Duty Roulette: Leveling three times. (You can do this even if you have already received the daily bonus for the roulette.)
|Item Quick Reference|
|Sharpened Anima Weapons (iLvl 260)|
Complete Anima Weapons (iLvl 270)
- Main article: Complete Anima Weapons/Quest
Complete Anima weapons change their model yet another time, but this time they already come with their built-in light show.
This is one of the more grindy steps. Pick up the quest Born Again Anima. First you will need to complete the three dungeons Sohm Al (Hard), The Great Gubal Library (Hard), and The Lost City of Amdapor (Hard). These can be done in any order and unsynced; however, you must complete the dungeons as the same job of the Anima Weapon you are currently working for to complete the requirements.
Next, you will need to farm aetheric density. This is the main grind. You can earn aetheric density by running a variety of Heavensward activities, including FATEs, dungeons, trials, and raids with your weapon equipped. The most efficient method is to farm Alexander - The Eyes of the Creator (Savage) (A9S) unsynced 20 times. This can be done solo with gear at item level 610 or higher, or together with a few max-level teammates. Your progress may be viewed using the Enhanced Anima Glass. Talk to the Verification Node after completing the grind.
You will also need to acquire a Newborn Soulstone via Some Assembly Required, which requires you to collect and turn in 15 Pneumite, which can be purchased from Sundry Splendors for 100 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics each ( 1,500 total) or from your Grand Company quartermaster for 4,000 Company Seals each ( 60,000 total).
Once these steps are complete, turn in the quest to upgrade your weapon.
|Item Quick Reference|
|Complete Anima Weapons (iLvl 270)|
Lux Anima Weapons (iLvl 275)
- Main article: Lux Anima Weapons/Quest
Lux Anima Weapons are the final form of this weapon series. They use the same model as the previous ones but now with very showy special effects.
You will need to complete the one-time quests Body and Soul and Words of Wisdom. Afterwards, for Best Friends Forever you will need to complete 12 trials, which come in 4 groups. The groups have to completed in a specific order, but trials within a given group can be completed in any order. The trials are as follows:
- Step 1: The Bowl of Embers (Hard), The Howling Eye (Hard), The Navel (Hard)
- Step 2: Thornmarch (Hard), The Whorleater (Hard), The Striking Tree (Hard), The Akh Afah Amphitheatre (Hard)
- Step 3: Thok ast Thok (Hard), The Limitless Blue (Hard)
- Step 4: Containment Bay S1T7, Containment Bay P1T6, Containment Bay Z1T9
After completing the trials and purchasing the Archaic Enchanted Ink, turn in the quest to complete the final stage of your weapon!
|Item Quick Reference|
|Lux Anima Weapons (iLvl 275)|
Weapons can be viewed in these galleries. Individual galleries contain all stages of relic weapon for each job.
|Anima Weapons Galleries|
Anima Weapons Table
You can manually glamour your current weapon with the appearance of your Anima relic weapon (at it current state) if you have a Glamour Prism and the Anima weapon in your bags.
You can't put your anima relic weapon in Glamour Dressers, but you can use replicas that became available after Gerolt introduces you to a Restoration Node when completing Finding Your Voice. Replicas became available gradually as you move through stages.
Main articles: Anima Weapons Achievements
Anima Weapons are associated with several achievements.