Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Required items
- 50 Singing Cluster
1 Sword of the Twin Thegns
1 Shield of the Twin Thegns
1 Axe of the Blood Emperor
1 Guillotine of the Tyrant
1 Trident of the Overlord
1 Sultan's Fists
1 Spurs of the Thorn Prince
1 Bow of the Autarch
1 Flame of the Dynast
1 Rod of the Black Khan
1 Book of the Mad Queen
1 Cane of the White Tsar
1 Word of the Magnate
1 Sphere of the Last Heir
- Previous quest
- A Dream Fulfilled
- Next quest
- Born Again Anima
Cut from a Different Cloth
Ardashir is contemplating the present state of the anima.
※Changing classes or jobs will prevent progress during this quest.
— In-game description
Depending on job:
- 1 Sharpened Sword of the Twin Thegns
- 1 Sharpened Shield of the Twin Thegns
- 1 Sharpened Axe of the Blood Emperor
- 1 Sharpened Guillotine of the Tyrant
- 1 Sharpened Trident of the Overlord
- 1 Sharpened Sultan's Fists
- 1 Sharpened Spurs of the Thorn Prince
- 1 Sharpened Bow of the Autarch
- 1 Sharpened Flame of the Dynast
- 1 Sharpened Rod of the Black Khan
- 1 Sharpened Book of the Mad Queen
- 1 Sharpened Cane of the White Tsar
- 1 Sharpened Word of the Magnate
- 1 Sharpened Sphere of the Last Heir
- Main article: Sharpened Anima Weapons/Quest#Future Proof
- With (your Anima weapon/shield) equipped or in your inventory, speak with Blamprest in Idyllshire.
- Collect the singing clusters. 0/50
- With (your Anima weapon/shield) equipped or in your inventory, deliver the Singing Clusters to Blamprest in Idyllshire.
- With (your Anima weapon/shield) in your inventory, deliver the distilled ceruleum and moonrise to Ardashir in Azys Lla.
- Ardashir is contemplating the present state of the anima.
- ※Changing classes or jobs will prevent progress during this quest.
- Ardashir is seemingly satisfied with the results of his research thus far─so much so, that he soon plans to return to Radz–at–Han where he will present his findings. Gerolt, on the other hand, is baffled by this presumption, and wastes no time reprimanding him. Ardashir reluctantly accepts the truth─that their work is not yet complete─and soon offers a means to temporarily fortify the anima weapon. For his plan to work, however, it requires a ceruleum solution which he has commissioned from a skilled distiller in Idyllshire. While he begins other preparations for the anima weapon, he asks you to meet with this artisan, one Blamprest, in Idyllshire.
- ※You may not proceed with a class or job that is different from when you accepted this quest.
- Blamprest assures you work on Ardashir's order is well underway. He has been delayed, however, by a need for singing clusters. Though difficult to acquire, he has entrusted the task to a pair of sisters─skilled mages who agreed to help...for a price. No sooner does he mention the pair than they appear before you seeking compensation for their work. Much to your surprise─and dismay─he tells them that you have eagerly agreed to pay for them in his stead. They have yet to explain how you must pay them, but as your only alternative is to bargain at Rowena's Center for Cultural Promotion, you steel yourself to undertake trials of unknown peril.
- After subjecting yourself to the peculiar whims of Amphelice and Angelet, you at last deliver the singing clusters to Blamprest, who then crafts for you the elixir needed for the anima weapon's fortifying potion. With your work complete and the elixir in hand, he bids you safe travels back to Azys Lla.
- You return to Azys Lla, elixir in hand. The second bottle you place on Ardashir's workbench, however, leaves him perplexed. When you explain to him it was an order for spirits placed by Gerolt, he then comes to a sudden and startling realization─Gerolt squandered a portion of the money lent to them by Rowena to make the purchase. Though he is furious, he cannot deny the strange yet beneficial effects of alcohol on Gerolt's work. After regaining his composure, he completes his potion, and sets Gerolt to work on fortifying the anima weapon. Much to their delight, Ardashir's plan was a success. Moreover, he goes on to show you an Allagan droid that may be the key to ensuring the anima's longevity, assuming it can be repaired.
- ※ The attributes of the anima weapon can be reallocated by speaking with Ulan in Idyllshire.