FATEs or Full Active Time Events are dynamic scenarios, often battles, that appear around Eorzea. FATEs involve boss battles, escort missions and other events. Players can complete these events for experience, gil and Grand Company seals. Occasionally players will also receive items for successful completion of a FATE at gold medal.
To locate a FATE, look for FATE indicators that randomly appear on your map. To join a FATE, simply enter the FATE radius (blue circle) on your mini map and attempt to complete the FATE objectives. There are no limits to the number of players that can participate in a FATE at a time. If the player's level is too high, they will be asked to level sync down. FATEs can be completed by finishing the on-screen objectives within the time limit. Players are rewarded with experience and gil when a FATE is completed.
Types of FATEs
Monster FATES require the players to defeat waves and waves of monsters. On your map, they show up as icons with two crossed swords. Players can increase their rating by tagging or first hitting monsters, doing damage to the monsters and healing and reviving other players. To obtain participation for a monster slain, players need to get on the aggro table (pops up on the left) for that monster when it is slain.
- Easiest way to achieve Gold Medal rating is by tagging monsters with instant cast spells, damage them with AoE abilities, gaining enmity for multiple mobs and healing players with high enmity.
Boss FATEs require the players to defeat one large and powerful boss monster. On your map, they show up as icons with monster maw. Players can increase their rating by doing damage to the boss, tanking* hits from the boss and healing other players.
- Behemoth - 2 parts - Level 50 - Coerthas Central Highlands
- Odin - Level 50 - The Black Shroud - Weather: Tension
- Coeurlregina - 3 parts (Level 52, 57, and 60) - The Dravanian Forelands - Weather: Royal Levin
- Prey Online/Noctilucale - Level 59 - Azys Lla - Weather: Hyperelectricity
- Ixion - Level 70 - The Lochs - Weather: Quick Levin
- Foxy Lady - Level 70 - Yanxia
- A Finale Most Formidable - Level 80 - Kholusia - NOTE: 5 FATE prerequisite
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damned Thing - Level 80 - The Tempest - NOTE: 6 FATE prerequisite
- Players do not gain participation by creating enmity, instead they gain rating by tanking the boss' attacks. Simply tanking a hit, regardless of whether you dodge, parry or take damage from it, gives you the same level of contribution.
Collect FATEs require the players to collect and turn in special items. On your map, they show up as bag icons along with a small bag that indicate the location of the FATE NPC. Players can increase their rating by turning in collectibles before the timer hits 0.
- Players can easily obtain the Gold Medal rating by picking up the FATE items on the ground and handing them to the FATE NPC.
In these FATEs, players have to defend certain objects from destruction for a specified amount of time. Waves of enemies will attempt to destroy these objects and players must defeat these foes. If the objects are destroyed, players fail the FATE.
In these FATEs, players need to escort an NPC or multiple NPCs from one place to another. The NPC will travel from point A to point B, players must defend her from incoming monsters. If the NPC is killed, players fail the FATE.
- Note that the HP of NPCs will regenerate outside of combat.
Players often group up and farm FATEs for fast experience. Various FATE spots emerge for different levels.
|01 - 12||Horizon||Western Thanalan|
|10 - 19||Aleport||Western La Noscea|
|21 - 34||Quarrymill||South Shroud|
|30 - 34||Costa Del Sol||Eastern La Noscea|
|35 - 40||Dragonhead||Coerthas Central Highlands|
|40 - 44||The Hawthorne Hut||East Shroud|
|44 - 46||Revenant’s Toll||Mor Dhona|
|49||Ceruleum Processing Plant||Northern Thanalan|
Large-scale "Hot Spots" diminish rapidly as you progress. After level 50, here are your target zones by FATE level.
|45-49||Coerthas Central Highlands|
|50||Sea of Clouds|
|50 - 51||Coerthas Western Highlands|
|52 - 53||Dravanian Forelands|
|54 - 56||Churning Mists|
|56||Coerthas Western Highlands|
|57 - 59||Sea of Clouds|
|58 - 59||Dravanian Hinterlands|
|60 - 61||The Fringes|
|60 - 61||The Peaks|
|62 - 63||The Ruby Sea|
|65 - 66||The Azim Steppe|
|74-75||The Rak'tika Greatwood|
Tips and Tricks
- Players do not need to stick around for the entire FATE. If you feel comfortable that you have done enough to receive full exp for the fate, you can leave early to join another FATE that may have popped. For Collect FATEs this is typically 6-8 of the items.
- Make sure to join a party. Often if you shout in an area that you are "looking for group" someone will pick you up. You can also use the Party Finder.
- By being in a party, you will not only increase your likelihood of getting the Gold Medal for FATE completion, but also allows you to share everyone's experience as monsters are killed.
- Tanks having trouble getting Gold Medal for FATE completion should spam their AOE.
- Healers having trouble receiving high ranking FATE completion can spam Aero or Bio and tag as many mobs as possible.
Additional Stormblood FATE Mechanics
Experience Points Bonus
FATEs offering bonus EXP can be confirmed via the map or the Recommendations list.
Special enemies may appear over the course of any given FATE.
By defeating this enemy, all players who participated in the FATE and receive a rating will be granted the Twist of Fate status.
- Players will be granted the Twist of Fate status even if the FATE ends in failure.
Players under the effect of the Twist of Fate status will receive increased EXP rewards upon completing any FATE.
- The effects of this status will apply even if the FATE ends in failure.