FATEs (Full Active Time Events) are dynamic scenarios, often battles, that appear around Eorzea. FATEs involve boss battles, escort missions and other events. Players can complete these events for experience, gil and Grand Company seals. Occasionally players will also receive items for successful completion of a FATE at gold medal. FATE credit is shared amongst all members of a party. Group up for better chances at maximum credit.
- See also: List of FATEs
To locate a FATE, look for FATE indicators that randomly appear on your map. To join a FATE, simply enter the FATE radius (blue circle) on your mini map and attempt to complete the FATE objectives. There are no limits to the number of players that can participate in a FATE at a time. If the player's level is too high, they will be asked to level sync down. FATEs can be completed by finishing the on-screen objectives within the time limit. Players are rewarded with experience and gil when a FATE is completed.
- Enemies that are the objective of a FATE will have a special icon next to their names:
Types of FATEs
Monster FATES require the players to defeat waves and waves of monsters. On your map, they show up as icons with two crossed swords. Players can increase their rating by tagging or first hitting monsters, doing damage to the monsters and healing and reviving other players. To obtain participation for a monster slain, players need to get on the aggro table (pops up on the left) for that monster when it is slain.
- Easiest way to achieve Gold Medal rating is by tagging monsters with instant cast spells, damage them with AoE abilities, gaining enmity for multiple mobs and healing players with high enmity.
Boss FATEs require the players to defeat one large and powerful boss monster. On your map, they show up as icons with monster maw. Players can increase their rating by doing damage to the boss, tanking hits from the boss and healing other players.
Rare Boss FATEs
These are not visible on the main map, and must be located on the minimap display.
|He Taketh It with His Eyes||Behemoth||Level 50||Coerthas Central Highlands||1 FATE prerequisite|
|Steel Reign||Odin||Level 50||The Black Shroud||Weather: Tension|
|Coeurls Chase Boys Chase Coeurls||Coeurlregina||Level 60||The Dravanian Forelands||Weather: Royal Levin|
2 FATE prerequisite
|Prey Online||Noctilucale||Level 59||Azys Lla||Weather: Hyperelectricity|
|A Horse Outside||Ixion||Level 70||The Lochs||Weather: Quick Levin|
|Foxy Lady||Tamamo Gozen||Level 70||Yanxia||3 FATE prerequisite|
|A Finale Most Formidable||Formidable||Level 80||Kholusia||5 FATE prerequisite|
|The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damned Thing||Archaeotania||Level 80||The Tempest||6 FATE prerequisite|
|Devout Pilgrims vs. Daivadipa||Daivadipa||Level 90||Thavnair||2 FATE prerequisite|
|Omicron Recall: Killing Order||Chi||Level 90||Ultima Thule||2 FATE prerequisite|
A type of boss fate only found in The Forbidden Land, Eureka.
Collect FATEs require the players to collect and turn in special items. On your map, they show up as bag icons along with a small bag that indicate the location of the FATE NPC. Players can increase their rating by turning in FATE items before the timer hits 0. You can also obtain items by defeating the FATE mobs that spawn continuously.
- Players can easily obtain the Gold Medal rating by picking up the FATE items on the ground and handing them to the FATE NPC.
In these FATEs, players have to defend certain objects/NPCs from destruction/defeat for a specified amount of time. Waves of enemies will attempt to destroy/defeat these objects/NPCs and players must defeat these foes. If the objects/NPCs are destroyed/defeated, players fail the FATE. In the case of Defending NPCs, they can be healed by players and this can be critical to succeeding in the FATE. Objects cannot be healed, and therefore those FATEs benefit most from a tank to immediately grab aggro from the enemies.
In these FATEs, players need to escort an NPC or multiple NPCs from one place to another. The NPC will travel from point A to point B, players must defend them from incoming monsters. If the NPC is killed, players fail the FATE.
- Note that the HP of NPCs will regenerate outside of combat.
- Main article: Shared FATE
The Shared FATE system was introduced in Shadowbringers with patch 5.0 and carried forward in Endwalker. Instead of Company Seals, players receive Bicolor Gemstones for participation in FATEs in these zones.
Players occasionally group up and farm FATEs for experience. Generally this is done while waiting on queues or while simultaneously working on various Relic Weapons. Experience per hour is quite poor from FATEs alone.
Various FATE spots emerge for different levels.
|01 - 12||Horizon||Western Thanalan|
|10 - 19||Aleport||Western La Noscea|
|21 - 34||Quarrymill||South Shroud|
|30 - 34||Costa del Sol||Eastern La Noscea|
|35 - 40||Dragonhead||Coerthas Central Highlands|
|40 - 44||Larkscall||East Shroud|
|44 - 46||Revenant's Toll||Mor Dhona|
|49||Ceruleum Processing Plant||Northern Thanalan|
Large-scale "Hot Spots" diminish rapidly as you progress. After level 50, here are your target zones by FATE level.
|44 - 46||Mor Dhona|
|45 - 49||Southern Thanalan|
|45 - 49||Coerthas Central Highlands|
|50||Sea of Clouds|
|50 - 51||Coerthas Western Highlands|
|52 - 53||Dravanian Forelands|
|54 - 56||Churning Mists|
|56||Coerthas Western Highlands|
|57 - 59||Sea of Clouds|
|58 - 59||Dravanian Hinterlands|
|60 - 61||The Fringes|
|60 - 61||The Peaks|
|62 - 63||The Ruby Sea|
|65 - 66||The Azim Steppe|
|72 - 73||Il Mheg|
|74 - 75||The Rak'tika Greatwood|
|76 - 77||Amh Araeng|
|80 - 81||Labyrinthos|
|80 - 81||Thavnair|
|82 - 83||Garlemald|
|83 - 84||Mare Lamentorum|
|86 - 87||Elpis|
Tips and Tricks
- Players do not need to stick around for the entire FATE. If you feel comfortable that you have done enough to receive full exp for the fate, you can leave early to join another FATE that may have popped. For Collect FATEs this is typically 6-8 of the items.
- You must be in the same zone as the FATE when it ends to receive any credit, however. Going into a queue or leaving for another zone will forfeit any contribution.
- Make sure to join a party. Often if you shout in an area that you are "looking for group" someone will pick you up. You can also use the Party Finder.
- By being in a party, you will not only increase your likelihood of getting the Gold Medal for FATE completion, but also allows you to share everyone's experience as monsters are killed.
- Tanks having trouble getting Gold Medal for FATE completion should spam their AOE.
- Healers having trouble receiving high ranking FATE completion can spam Aero or Bio and tag as many mobs as possible.
- Casters can spam AoE abilities such as Fire II/Blizzard II or Outburst.
Additional Stormblood+ FATE Mechanics
Experience Points Bonus
FATEs that appear in Stormblood (and later) areas will, on occasion, offer a bonus to EXP awarded upon completion.
FATEs offering bonus EXP can be confirmed via the map or the Recommendations list.
Twist of Fate
A special enemy called the Forlorn Maiden may appear over the course of any given FATE. Players will see the chat message "The smell of death has drawn a Forlorn maiden to the battlefield!" when one spawns, and "The Forlorn maiden dissipates..." when it is defeated.
In very rare instances a significantly larger, tougher variant called The Forlorn may appear instead.
By defeating the Forlorn Maiden or The Forlorn, all players who participated in the FATE and received a rating will be granted the Twist of Fate status.
- Players will be granted the status even if the FATE ends in failure so long as the Forlorn Maiden was defeated.
Players under the effect of the Twist of Fate status will receive 15% increased EXP rewards upon completing the FATE in which the Forlorn Maiden was defeated. The status then persists and grants a further 50% increased EXP for a subsequent FATE players participate or receive a rating in.
- The effect of this status will apply even if the FATEs participated in end in failure.
- The status' effect does not apply to EXP gained from defeating enemies.
- The status' effect stacks with other bonuses that apply to FATE completion EXP, including a subsequent Twist of Fate buff.
- The Twist of Fate status from The Forlorn grants a significantly greater EXP bonus (+250%) than that from a Forlorn Maiden.
The effect has no expiry time limit. However, players will lose the buff if they leave the zone in any way.
FATE completion is associated with the following achievements:
|Date with Destiny I||5||Successfully complete 10 FATEs.||-|
|Date with Destiny II||5||Successfully complete 100 FATEs.||-|
|Date with Destiny III||10||Successfully complete 300 FATEs.||-|
|Date with Destiny IV||10||Successfully complete 1,000 FATEs.||Tempter of Fate (Male) / Temptress of Fate (Female)|
|Destiny's Child||20||Successfully complete 3,000 FATEs.||Paragon's Gown|
|Date with Destiny V||20||Successfully complete 5,000 FATEs.||-|
|Date with Destiny VI||20||Successfully complete 10,000 FATEs.||The Fortunate|