Grand Companies are organizations that players will join at around level 20 by completing the main story quests. There are three grand companies, The Maelstrom from Limsa Lominsa, The Immortal Flames from Ul'dah, and The Order of the Twin Adder from Gridania.
Grand Companies are divided into numerous ranks, with players starting at the lowest rank of Private Third Class. Promotions can be earned with a special currency called Company Seals. These seals can also be exchanged with the Grand Company Quartermaster for weapons, armour, crafting materials, and items such as Ventures.
- Participating in FATEs and the Duty Roulette also awards Company Seals once players have joined a Grand Company
- Players do not need to choose the Grand Company from their city of origin and can also change their Grand Company later if they wish.
Adventurer Squadrons allow players to take command of soldiers in their respective Grand Companies. Players can deploy these recruits on missions (similar to Retainer Ventures) to gain rewards, as well as experience for recruits.
Additionally, recruits of a sufficient rank can be taken on Command Missions, allowing them to join you in dungeons as NPC party members.
The Immortal Flames
The Order of the Twin Adder
Supply and Provision Missions
Grand Companies are always in need of supplies in their daily operations. Players can earn experience points for specific classes and company seals by crafting or gathering the items required and delivering them. Talk to a Grand Company Personnel Officer to complete the delivery.
- There is one daily request for every crafting and gathering class each, and the experience rewarded is given to the respective class.
- The items required changes every day, with higher-level items being requested as the corresponding class levels up. Players can check the items by selecting the Timers under the Duty tab in the main menu.
- Items with a star next to them will yield extra experience points.
- Supply and Provision Missions reset every day at 21.00 server time.
Expert Delivery Missions
Grand Companies also accept rare equipment. Players can donate these sellable items to their grand companies in exchange for seals. Players can speak to a Grand Company Personnel Officer to donate items.
- Acceptable items include all gear that with names that are not yellow in their help window.
- You must have reached Sergeant Second Class in your grand company for this option.
- Equipment items obtained from dungeons, trials, or tomestone vendors may be repeatedly delivered as desired. However, weapon and armor obtained from job quests or repurchased from the Calamity Salvager cannot be delivered.
Grand Company Leves
Players can complete these special levequests to earn items, experience and company seals.
Changing Grand Companies
Upon reaching the rank of Second Lieutenant, granting access to their stock and allowing acquisition of Grand Company-specific minions and Chocobo Bardings. They will also be eligible to change their Grand Company altogether, though doing so will place them at the lowest rank of Private Third Class.
- After changing your allegiance, you must wait 15 days before changing again.
- The first change is free, but any subsequent changes will cost 50,000 gil.
Upon returning to a Grand Company after a transfer, your previous rank will be restored, allowing you to 'max out' all three Grand Companies if you wish.
|Rank||Seals Needed for Next Rank||Maximum Seals||Comments|
|Private Third Class||2000||10,000|
|Private Second Class||3000||15,000|
|Private First Class||4000||20,000|
|Sergeant Third Class||6000||30,000||Must complete Company Hunting Log Rank 1|
|Sergeant Second Class||7000||35,000|
|Sergeant First Class||8000||40,000|
|Chief Sergeant||9000||45,000||Must complete Shadows Uncast|
|Second Lieutenant||10,000||50,000|| Must complete Gilding the Bilious
Must complete Company Hunting Log Rank 2
|First Lieutenant||0||80,000||When your squadron reaches Rank 3 in Adventurer Squadrons|
|Captain||0||90,000|| Must complete 5 Unique Command Missions
Must complete Flagged Mission: Sapper Strike
For thousands of years, Eorzea has been a victim to catastrophic cycles of destruction and rebirth that periodically envelops the realm and threatens all who live upon her soil; each time faced with a tragedy seemingly worse than the last. Despite this, the peoples of Eorzea have found some way to persevere.
One method, seemingly going back hundreds of generations, has been the establishment of comprehensive command centres which combine the military, economic and technological resources of a city-state to better prepare for the coming doom. These are the Grand Companies of Eorzea.
The last recorded emergence of the Grand Companies was nearly 1,500 years ago, at the end of the Fifth Astral Era and the arrival of the great deluge which triggered the dark period known as the Sixth Umbral Era. It was through these companies that the then warring city-states were able to put aside their bitter differences and join together to form an alliance and ensure the realm survived.
With the recent attacks by the Garlean Empire seen as an imminent threat to the realm, there have been scattered talks of restoring the Grand Companies to their former glory, but conflicting agendas on all sides have slowed progress. That is, until the appearance of an adventurer who set in motion the wheels of hope.