Grand Company is an organization that players will join at around level 20 by completing the main story quests. There are 3 grand companies, The Maelstrom from Limsa Lominsa, The Immortal Flames from Ul'dah and The Order of the Twin Adder from Gridania. Players do not need to choose the Grand Company from his or her city of origin.
- Players are able to change their grand companies later on. Players can only change their grand companies once every 15 days. They will no longer be able to use some items that are unique to certain grand companies.
Grand Companies are divided into numerous ranks. Players will start off at the lowest rank of private third class. Players can perform tasks given by the Grand Company to obtain a special currency called Company Seals. Players can talk to the quartermaster at the headquarter of each Grand Company to exchange the seals for unique items or increase his or her rank.
- Participating in FATEs and the Duty Roulette also awards company seals once players have joined a Grand Company
The Immortal Flames
The Order of the Twin Adder
Supply and Provision Missions
Grand Companies are always in need of supplies in their daily operations. Players can earn experience points for specific classes and company seals by crafting or gathering the items required and delivering them. Talk to a Grand Company Personnel Officer to complete the delivery.
- There is one daily request for every crafting and gathering class each, and the experience rewarded is given to the respective class.
- Items required changes every day, with higher level items being requested as the corresponding class levels up. Players can check the items by selecting the Timers under the Duty in main menu.
- Items with a star next to them will yield extra experience points.
- Supply and Provision Missions reset every day at 21.00 server time.
Expert Delivery Missions
Grand Companies also accept rare equipment. Players can donate these sellable items to their grand companies in exchange for seals. Players can speak to a Grand Company Personnel Officer to donate items.
- Acceptable items include all gear that with names that are not yellow in their help window.
- You must have reached Sergeant Second Class in your grand company for this option.
- Equipment items may only be uniquely delivered once a week until the weekly reset occurs (Tuesday).
Grand Company Leves
Players can complete these special levequests to earn items, experience and company seals.
Changing Grand Companies
After changing their Grand Companies, players will have the ranks of their new Company. If the player is brand new to a Grand Company, your rank will be Private Third Class (lowest rank).
After changing your Grand Company allegiance, you must wait 15 days before changing again. The first GC change is free, but any subsequent changes will cost 50,000gil. If you switch out of a GC, then switch back later, you will go back to the rank you had when you left. This way you can 'max out' all three GCs if you wish.
|Rank||Seals Needed for Next Rank||Maximum Seals||Comments|
|Private Third Class||2000||10,000|
|Private Second Class||3000||15,000|
|Private First Class||4000||20,000|
|Sergeant Third Class||6000||30,000||Must complete Company Hunting Log Rank 1|
|Sergeant Second Class||7000||35,000|
|Sergeant First Class||8000||40,000|
|Chief Sergeant||9000||45,000||Must complete Shadows Uncast|
|Second Lieutenant||10,000||50,000|| Must complete Gilding the Bilious
Must complete Company Hunting Log Rank 2
|First Lieutenant||0||80,000||When your squadron reaches Rank 3 in Adventurer Squadrons|
|Captain||0||90,000|| Must complete 5 Unique Command Missions
Must complete Flagged Mission: Sapper Strike
For thousands of years, Eorzea has been victim to a catastrophic cycle of destruction and rebirth that periodically envelops the realm and threatens all who live upon her soil; each time faced with a tragedy seemingly worse than the last, however, the peoples of Eorzea have found some way to persevere. One method, seemingly going back hundreds of generations, has been the establishment of comprehensive command centers which combine the military, economic and technological resources of a city-state in order to better prepare it for the coming doom. These are the Grand Companies of Eorzea.
The last recorded emergence of the Grand Companies was nearly 1,500 years ago, at the end of the Fifth Astral Era and the arrival of the great deluge which triggered the dark period known as the Sixth Umbral Era. It was through these companies that the then warring city-states were able to put aside their bitter differences and join together to form an alliance and ensure the realm survived.
With the recent attacks by the Garlean Empire seen as an imminent threat to the realm, there have been scattered talks of restoring the Grand Companies to their former glory, but conflicting agendas on all sides have slowed progress. That is, until the appearance of an adventurer who set in motion the wheels of hope.
|The Maelstrom • The Immortal Flames • The Order of the Twin Adder|