The Great Gubal Library (Hard)
- See also: The Great Gubal Library
The Great Gubal Library (Hard)
Though long-since abandoned by its Sharlayan keepers, the Great Gubal Library does not want for visitants, its halls ever stirring with the voidsent guardians who walk its corridors. With danger at every turn, the fool who dares trespass here would find not wisdom but certain doom. Yet it was not long ago that an intrepid adventurer braved the deepest depths of this forbidding vault of knowledge, returning unscathed and wiser for the experience─a feat of daring that would be sung of the realm over. Mayhap that is why an anonymous individual would beseech that selfsame champion to return in search of long-forgotten knowledge. One can only hope this venture proves yet another enlightening lesson.
— In-game description
Level 60 players need to start the level 60 Sidequest Let Me Gubal That for You. Players can start the quest by talking to Midnight Dew in Idyllshire (x5.5,y6.6)). To unlock the quest, players need to complete the level 60 Main Scenario Quest Heavensward (Quest).
Best to tank it sideways so that all the AoE indicators are visible. Otherwise, the fight is mainly a positioning check. Watch out for narrow AoE markers at the edge of the arena; a large AoE attack will follow in between them.
- Bibliocide: Unavoidable party-wide AoE for moderate damage.
- Sea of Flames: Scorched earth AoE attack, much like Ifrit's.
- Slosh: A random player gets tethered to the boss; it will shortly charge at them; the player has to run far away from the boss.
- Ferrofluid: Players get + and - marks, if your mark is the same as the boss's, run close to the boss. Otherwise, run away.
- Seal of Night and Day: Players get sun and moon marks; run to the corresponding sun or moon sigil on the floor.
Strix is an owl-like demon and is the final boss of The Great Gubal Library (Hard).
It possesses four different attacks, three of which can be avoided through proper preparation. Healers will need to be careful, as they will have to jump between the boss and their party members to properly avoid damage while keeping the party healthy.
- On Tornados: When this ability is being readied, step into a dark circle to receive a Leaden effect that will reduce the damage to zero. Failure to do this will cause two hits of heavy damage and Vulnerability Up.
- On Quakes: When this ability is being readied, step into a windy circle to float above the ground, which will reduce the damage to zero. Failure to do this will cause large damage and stun.
- On Imps: This ability is quickly cast, and turns all party members into Imps, also giving them Lightning Vulnerability Up II. Immediately after transformation, Strix will begin casting On Thunder III on all targets which, if it hits an Imp, does heavy damage. To negate this, step into a green circle and turn back to normal, causing the Thunder spell to do minor damage.
- On Darkness II: This ability cannot be dodged, and simply does large damage.
At about 50%, Strix will summon a Behemoth Ward into the center of the room. This is a non-targetable mob that will rain down comets on the party. Eventually, rocks will be placed on the ground as the Behemoth begins to bring down its meteor, with warnings indicating ten seconds left, and five through one seconds left. Players must have the rocks between them and the behemoth or they will take enormous damage.
- Tornado - Dark Circle
- Quake - Windy Circle
- Imp (only if you've become one) - Green Circle
|Valkyrie's Belt of Aiming||Waist||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Belt of Casting||Waist||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Belt of Healing||Waist||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Belt of Scouting||Waist||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Belt of Striking||Waist||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Boots of Aiming||Feet||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Boots of Casting||Feet||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Boots of Healing||Feet||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Boots of Scouting||Feet||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Boots of Striking||Feet||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Jackboots of Fending||Feet||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Jackboots of Maiming||Feet||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Ringbelt of Fending||Waist||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Ringbelt of Maiming||Waist||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Gloves of Aiming||Hands||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Gloves of Casting||Hands||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Gloves of Fending||Hands||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Gloves of Healing||Hands||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Gloves of Maiming||Hands||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Gloves of Scouting||Hands||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Gloves of Striking||Hands||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Hat of Casting||Head||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Hat of Healing||Head||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Helm of Fending||Head||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Helm of Maiming||Head||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Tricorne of Aiming||Head||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Tricorne of Scouting||Head||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Tricorne of Striking||Head||Dungeon||1|
|Bibliophobia Orchestrion Roll||Orchestrion Roll||Basic||1|
|Valkyrie's Brais of Fending||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Brais of Maiming||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Coat of Aiming||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Coat of Casting||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Coat of Healing||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Coat of Scouting||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Coat of Striking||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Cuirass of Fending||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Cuirass of Maiming||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Trousers of Aiming||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Trousers of Casting||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Trousers of Healing||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Trousers of Scouting||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Trousers of Striking||Legs||Dungeon||1|
Additional Treasure Coffers
Treasure Coffer 1 (X: 14.5 Y: 12.5)
|Valkyrie's Choker of Fending||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Choker of Slaying||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Choker of Aiming||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Choker of Casting||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Choker of Healing||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
Treasure Coffer 2 (X: 16.1 Y: 13.1)
|Valkyrie's Earrings of Fending||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Earrings of Slaying||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Earrings of Aiming||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Earrings of Casting||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Earrings of Healing||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
Treasure Coffer 3 (X: 9.5 Y: 10.1)
|Valkyrie's Bracelet of Fending||Bracelets||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Bracelet of Slaying||Bracelets||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Bracelet of Aiming||Bracelets||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Bracelet of Casting||Bracelets||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Bracelet of Healing||Bracelets||Dungeon||1|
Treasure Coffer 4 (X: 10.5 Y: 10.8)
|Valkyrie's Ring of Fending||Ring||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Ring of Slaying||Ring||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Ring of Aiming||Ring||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Ring of Casting||Ring||Dungeon||1|
|Valkyrie's Ring of Healing||Ring||Dungeon||1|