Reconditioned Anima Weapons/Quest
|Sharpened Anima |
Before begin to create your Reconditioned Anima Weapon, you must:
To start the new step, pick up a quest from Ardashir in Azys Lla (x7.4,y11.5) called A Dream Fulfilled. To obtain the quest, you must have the iLvl 230 Hyperconductive Anima Weapon equipped, in the Armoury Chest or inventory, and be on the current job/class for that specific Anima Weapon.
- Note that Changing classes of jobs will prevent progress during this quest. You may not proceed with a class or job that is different from when you accepted this quest.
First you speak with Ardarshir in Azys Lla and then travel to Idyllshire to meet with Ulan, "A fellow researcher and enthusiast of Carbuncles". There is a plan to increase the growth, and therefore strength of the Anima, but in doing so a new weapon is required as your current weapon is not of an accommodating 'size'. You undertake the task of gathering the required items needed to enhance the growth of the anima, whilst you need not worry about the weapon.
In order to complete the quest, there are 3 steps:
- Obtain Crystal Sand and Umbrite to create a catalyst. Crystal Sand can be obtained through multiple ways, while Umbrite has one way, see below.
- To create the catalyst, Treated Crystal Sand, use up an equal number of Crystal Sand and Umbrite by talking to Ulan. There is an element of RNG when doing this, as it can result in a range of obtaining a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 6 pinchfuls of Treated Crystal Sand. Additional points past 3 will be displayed as a bonus which can only be triggered once past 90 growth points.
- Each Treated Crystal Sand can be used to enhance the Anima with 1 growth point. There are 180 growth points. This means that the minimum number of Crystal Sands needed to obtain 180 Treated Crystal Sands is around 57-60 max. This results in a cost of Poetics needed for the Umbrite phase ranging from 4,500 to 6,000. note after you have gotten 40 treated sands. it will start applying a r.n.g bonus to those after.
Talk to Ulan to enhance attributes of the Anima Weapon, and to add a growth point to the Anima, to a total of 180 points of growth/attributes using the catalyst(s).
The items required for a catalyst are:
- Crystal Sand - Supplied by Ulan, via trade
- Umbrite - Obtained by purchase, 75 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics, from Hismena in Idyllshire (x5.8,y5.1).
The catalyst required per enhancement is:
The attributes that can be enhanced are:
- Tenacity (Replaced Parry in patch 4.0)
- Direct Hit Rate
- Critical Hit
- Spell Speed
- Skill Speed
Each attribute has a limit of enhancement which varies according to the Job associated with the Reconditioned Anima Weapon. The maximum for a single attribute is 126 (though this may vary).
Other attributes that cannot be player-enhanced that exist on the ilvl230 Anima Weapon, will be transferred to the new weapon and raised to levels appropriate for a ilvl240 Weapon.
Ways to Obtain Crystal Sand
Each set of items can be traded for two Crystal Sand.
- You can check what items are required to perform enhancement by looking at Ulan's Note obtained from Ulan during the first steps of the quest. You'll find it in the Key Items section of your inventory. For 2 Crystal Sand, you need all the items required on a single 'page' of the note. I.e. 5 Moonstones. Or 3 different Ex Primal drops
- You can check the progress of growth by looking at the Anima Glass. Also found in the Key Items section of your inventory.
- You can only obtain Crystal Sand or enhance the Anima Weapon by talking to Ulan.
- Each enhancement will not immediately result in increased attributes. Only upon completion of the quest, the chosen enhancements will be transferred to a Reconditioned Anima Weapon.
- After you have completed the quest, should you wish to reallocate the attributes of your weapon, you can do so by speaking with Ulan.
- If you abandon the quest A Dream Fulfilled, your enhancement progress, and any items you have used for enhancement, will be lost. "Please note this quest cannot be abandoned via the journal. If you wish to abandon the quest, you may do so at any time by speaking with Ardashir."
After you have completed the quest and acquired your ilvl 240 Anima Weapon, you can reallocate the stats of your weapon should you feel the need. It's a simple process and it only requires Crystal Sand, no Umbrite.
Simply talk to Ulan and talk to her about reconditioning the Anima Weapon. After a bit of dialogue you'll get a growth window.
You must possess Crystal Sand to proceed. Remove a stat/growth point by using the minus button, and reallocate them as you wish. Each sand used will remove one prior Treated Crystal Sand, and will remember the number of points earned in the original application (3-6).