Before beginning to create your Animus Zodiac Weapon, you must have completed your Atma Zodiac Weapon.
Through the course of the quest you will need a total of 900 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics.
Trials of the Braves
| Starting NPC:
|| Hyrstmill, North Shroud (x30,y19)
| Speak with Jalzahn with your Atma Zodiac Weapon equipped who will explain that in order to further enhance your weapon you need to recreate the valorous deeds of the Zodiac Braves, who were revered heroes in Thavnairian legend. These deeds are recorded in a collection of nine sacred texts called the “Trials of the Braves”. He will send you to Rowena in Revenant's Toll - who in turn will direct you to G'jusana who is nearby. After speaking to G'jusana, the quest will move to your "completed quest log".
G'jusana will sell you one book at a time for 100 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics each. Each book contains a series of tasks to complete: 10 specific monsters to kill and 3 dungeons, 3 FATEs and 3 levequests to complete. Once all the tasks are completed in one book, return to G'jusana to buy the next one. You must finish all the tasks in one book before completing the next - however you can complete the books in any order. Each book will improve a stat on your Atma Zodiac Weapon.
Once all nine books have been completed; return to Jalzahn along with your unequipped Atma Zodiac Weapon and you will be rewarded your Animus Zodiac Weapon.
Each book belong to one of four categories. Each category improves a stat on your Atma Zodiac Weapon and each category is called a different name depending on the job. However, the books themselves and the tasks inside them remain the same regardless of your job.
(For Paladins: Paladins complete seven books for their Curtana Animus and two books for their Holy Shield Animus.)
- You can only ever own one book at a time. Each book is specific to a weapon and you must be equipped with the Atma Relic Weapon you wish to enhance when making the purchase.
- Must equip the corresponding weapon in order for any completed task to be registered.
- Buying a second book will automatically dispose of the first one. If the first book has not been completed it will need to be redone.
- For FATEs:
- Unlike the FATEs for Up in Arms; for Trials of the Braves you must secure at least a Gold Rating in order for it to count (Source).
- Each map has a maximum number of FATEs available at any one time. Therefore you may need to clear other FATEs in order to get the one you need to spawn.
- Some FATEs will only spawn when triggered (either by talking to an NPC at the location or in a nearby location; or after the completion of a previous FATE as part of a chain). Examples:
- For Dungeons:
- You must have your Atma Zodiac Weapon equipped for the final boss for it to count (Source).
- You must be alive when the final boss of the dungeon is killed. If you are dead, it will not count towards completion of the book (Source).
- Dungeons can be completed unsynched.
- For Levequests:
- General levequests and Grand Company levequests are given out by two different NPCs at each location. Make sure you are talking to the correct one.
- Only a limited number of levequests are offered at any one time. You may need to complete some of the levequests in order to have the one you need pop up.
- Levequests are only counted as "completed" when you collect the reward from the Levemete, as such, it is possible to do the leve with another weapon (or another class altogether) and switch back to your Atma before collecting the rewards, and it will still count.
- Your last book will still remain in your Key Item Inventory after completion. To remove it, simply return to G'jusana and select the Disposal option.
- This is a good opportunity for you to train your Chocobo if you wish.
- Main article: Novus Zodiac Weapons
- See also: Novus Zodiac Weapons/Quest
After obtaining a Animus Zodiac Weapon (iLvl 100), it can be upgraded to a Novus Zodiac Weapon (iLvl 110) by completing quest Celestial Radiance and Star Light, Star Bright and corresponding Sphere Scroll.