— In-game description
- Speak with the guidance node and defeat any enemies that appear.
- Speak with the guidance node.
- According to the guidance node, you are but a few steps away from your destination. However, it would seem that intruders have been detected ahead. Follow the node towards the heart of the isle, and be ready to defend yourself.
- You have eliminated the imperial troops and secured the area. Speak with the guidance node to be granted entry to the Aetherochemical Research Facility.
- Having opened the way to the Aetherochemical Research Facility, the guidance node bids you farewell and deactivates for what might very well be another five millennia. After casting a final glance at Gilly's motionless form, you turn your mind to the challenges of the present. Somewhere within, the archbishop and his knights await. Ready yourself for the worst and continue your pursuit.
※The Aetherochemical Research Facility can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have secured the Aetherochemical Research Facility, defeating Lahabrea and Igeyorhm in the process. All that remains is the small matter of confronting the archbishop and his knights.
- While fighting your way through the Aetherochemical Research Facility, you find yourself face to face with Lahabrea and Igeyorhm. In a bid to eliminate you, the Ascians attack as one, but with Hydaelyn's blessing restored, you are more than a match for them. Realizing the battle is lost, Igeyorhm attempts to flee, but before she can make good her escape, you destroy her with a blade of light forged from the Eye's remaining aether. Alas, you are left without the means to strike down Lahabrea. Just when it seems certain that the Ascian will slip through your grasp, the archbishop and his knights arrive, bearing the body of Haldrath... and the Eye's long lost twin. Having summoned the soul of the legendary King Thordan into himself, the archbishop conjures a divine blade using the power of the second Eye, and summarily executes Lahabrea. Judgment passed, the self-proclaimed god king duly turns to leave, but not before issuing you a challenge. Answer it, and put an end to his madness once and for all.
※The Singularity Reactor can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- At the end of a titanic struggle, you triumph over Thordan and his knights, bringing to an end their deranged dream of founding a new world order. Still breathless from your exertions, you look up to see Estinien, who sullenly collects the Eye and its twin. Alas, in so doing, the dragoon falls prey to Nidhogg's lingering influence and is claimed as a vessel for the great wyrm's rage. No sooner has he departed than the facility begins to collapse around you, prompting Midgardsormr to appear once again, and bear you away to safety.
Still reeling from what you have seen, you rejoin your comrades aboard the Excelsior, and are borne back to Ishgard and a hero's welcome. At the airship landing, Midgardsormr addresses Aymeric, and the two speak candidly of the future, their meeting marking the start of the journey towards peace between man and dragon.
Some days later, the Holy See makes its long-awaited return to the Eorzean Alliance in an uplifting ceremony attended by the leaders of all four city-states. A fitting reward for your efforts, no doubt, but one that you wish Haurchefant, Ysayle, and Estinien could have seen... Speak with Alphinaud at Fortemps Manor and hear his thoughts on this momentous occasion.
- Alphinaud is elated that his dream of a unified Eorzea has finally been realized. Though upheaval will invariably accompany the coming changes, he is confident that, with effort, peace and prosperity will follow. Together with your fellow Scions, do your part to see that it is so.