Before begin to create your Relic Weapon, you must:
The following 3 quests need to be completed in order, for each relic, and are job-specific. However, you can work on multiple relics at one time. For example, you can pick up Soul without Life on your Paladin, whilst working on Coming into Its Own for your Warrior.
||Alpha Quadrant, Azys Lla (x7,y11)
- Speak to Ardashir (x7,y11) in Azys Lla.
- Travel to Mor Dhona to speak with Syndony (x22,y5). She will give you two options to receive the Astral Nodule and Umbral Nodule.
- Give up a Zodiac Zeta Weapon. Speak to Syndony again and she will allow you to turn one zeta weapon of any type (except PLD, where both sword and shield are required) for both the Astral Nodule and the Umbral Nodule. You will lose your Zodiac Zeta Weapon.
- NOTE: If you are trading in your relic, make sure to finish The Vital Title quest from Jalzahn before you do. This is the quest you complete for the Home of the Brave achievement.
- NOTE2: Trading in your Zodiac Zeta Weapon will allow you to buy replicas of all stages from Drake even without the weapon.
- Farm fates in Heavensward zones for Crystals to turn in to her for Nodules:
- Travel to Alpha Quadrant in Azys Lla to speak with Ardashir (x7,y11).
- Luminous Crystals can drop from any FATE in that zone, but you must complete them with a Gold Rating. It is completely random: you may get 3 Luminous Crystals in the space of an hour or just 1 Luminous Crystal after three days.
- Before Patch 3.57, the drop rate appeared to be approximately 20%. The patch, however, buffed it even higher than that.
- Being in a party or having your Chocobo out has no direct effect on the drop rate. However, being able to complete FATEs faster has obvious benefits.
- The only mandatory requirement is that you must have an active "Soul without Life" quest in order for Luminous Crystals to appear. You can choose to be on any job or use any weapon you like.
- When Luminous Crystals do drop, you will be alerted in-game by a popup.
- The Luminous Crystals go into your normal inventory rather than your Key Item inventory. Make sure you have free space in your inventory.
- You do not need to stay for the entire length of the FATE, but only successfully completed FATEs with at least a Gold Rating will drop Luminous Crystals.
- Use of the Party Finder is recommended to quickly group with other players.
- A Chocobo Companion can be used to make the battle easier.
||1447 gil, Animated Weapons
|Animated Weapons (iLvl 170)