For All the Nights to Come
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
|Quest Giver||Wealdtheow - Coerthas Western Highlands (x16.9, y22.8, z0.7)|
|Reward|| 25200 5000 |
, Unlocks The Dusk Vigil
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Sounding Out the Amphitheatre|
- Speak with Nadinie.
- Use the Duty Finder to enter the Dusk Vigil.
- The dead care not for justice, but Wealdtheow would see them have it just the same.
- Recognizing you as the honored ward of House Fortemps, Wealdtheow implores you to enter the ruins of the Dusk Vigil and reclaim a priceless treasure: an ice rondel set in the crown of a sculpture within the vigil's chapel. Though the vigil has remained abandoned since it fell, knights now stand watch to deter scavengers. You will need to identify yourself before you can enter.
- The knight grants you leave to enter, but not before warning you that wild beasts and worse infest the ruins. The recent sighting of a massive winged creature gives you pause as well... Nevertheless, an agreement was made. Wealdtheow will have his stone.
※The Dusk Vigil can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- In the days following the Calamity, western Coerthas was abandoned by the knights of Ishgard, save for the Dusk Vigil, whose defenders refused to withdraw. Their tragic sacrifice is a tale known to many...but only those who have ventured within the ruins know what truly became of those brave men and women. As you hold the ice rondel in your hand, you consider how much you might share─and how much you might keep to yourself.
- Was it for duty, honor, or faith that Ser Yuhelmeric refused to yield the Dusk Vigil, even though he knew it would cost the lives of him and his knights? Or perhaps something else entirely─a sapphire, perhaps, one of many precious things stolen from his family by the inquisition. Wealdtheow knows that his family can never be made whole again, but for his son and the wife he left behind, at least this injustice can be righted.