Heavensward (considered version 3.0 of the game) is the first expansion for Final Fantasy XIV released in June 23, 2015 for PC, Mac, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. It was first revealed at the North American Fan Festival on October 18, 2014.
The main setting of Heavensward is Ishgard and in order to access it you need to complete all of the Seventh Astral Era Quests up to Before the Dawn (all of the Main Scenario Quests up to and including patch 2.55).
With the release of Stormblood, Heavensward is no longer sold on its own, but included with purchase of newer expansions.
- 7 Wyrmkings to fight. 7 sons of Midgardsormr are central to the story. Dragons are Nizbeck, Bahamut, Tiamat and more. Bahamut's story about how he was summoned and captured will also be revealed.
- The Dragonsong War - The bloody thousand-year conflict between Ishgard and Dravania.
- 4th City-State, The Holy See of Ishgard. Zones include Ishgard: Foundation and Ishgard: The Pillars.
- New areas include Coerthas Western Highlands, Dravanian Forelands, Dravanian Hinterlands, The Churning Mists, The Sea of Clouds, Floating Continent, Chocobo Forest.
- Gathering classes are getting Regional Folklore, Favor System, Delivery System, Scrips and other new mechanics.
- Flying Mounts, about 7 different ones, starting from Black Chocobo, Single-Rider Airship, Dragon and Griffin Mount.
Come what may, they must not falter, lest the light of hope be forever extinguished.