Before begin to create your Atma Zodiac Weapon, you must:
- (For Paladins: Although you can start the quest with either the Curtana Zenith or Holy Shield Zenith, you must have both on hand at the end in order to get your Atma Zodiac Weapons.)
||Hyrstmill, North Shroud (x30,y20)
Speak with Gerolt with your Zenith Zodiac Weapon equipped who will then direct you to Jalzahn standing opposite him. Jalzahn needs you to bring him 12 crystalline objects known as Atma. Atma are dropped randomly from FATEs in certain zones around Eorzea when equipped with a Zenith Zodiac Weapon. After speaking to Jalzahn, the quest will move to your "completed quest log". Collect all 12 Atma, bring them to Jalzahn along with your unequipped Zenith Zodiac Weapon and you will be rewarded your Atma Zodiac Weapon.
- Atma drop randomly from any FATE in that zone. It is completely random: you may get 3 Atma in the space of an hour or just 1 Atma after three days.
- The drop rate is suggested to be somewhere around 25%; which means on average at least 48 FATEs for all 12 Atma.
- Being in a party or having your Chocobo out has no effect on the suggested 25% chance of drop.
- Being able to finish FATEs faster, however, will allow for more chances in the same amount of time.
- When Atma do drop, you will be alerted in-game by a popup.
- You must be equipped with a Zenith Zodiac Weapon in order to get Atma; however this can be any Zenith Zodiac Weapon / job.
- Atma go into your normal inventory rather than your Key Item inventory. Make sure you have free space in your inventory.
- Your rating in the FATE doesn't affect your drop rate; however only successfully completed FATEs will drop Atma.
- You do not need to stay for the entire length of the FATE.
- Because the quest is marked as "completed" after the explanation from Jalzahn; the game does not automatically track the number / type of Atma in your collection.
- You can collect multiple Atma of the same kind; however only one of each type is used per weapon upgrade.
- This is a good opportunity for you to train your Chocobo if you wish.
- Main article: Animus Zodiac Weapons
- See also: Animus Zodiac Weapons/Quest
After obtaining a Atma Zodiac Weapon (iLvl 100), it can be upgraded to a Animus Zodiac Weapon (iLvl 100) by completing the 9 books in the quest Trials of the Braves.