A Realm Reborn
A Realm Reborn (considered version 2.0 of the game) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) in the Final Fantasy series. It is developed and published by Square Enix. It was released worldwide for Windows and PlayStation 3 on 27 August 2013. Support for PlayStation 4 was added on April 14th, 2014 and OS X on 23 June 2015. A Realm Reborn was a replacement for the original 1.0 (also called Legacy) version that was launched in September 2010. The original version was shut down due to negative reception.
Hydaelyn─a vibrant planet blessed by the Light of the Crystal.
Amid azure seas, encompassing the westernmost of the Three Great Continents, there lies a realm embraced by gods and forged by heroes. Her name...Eorzea.
It is here that your tale unfolds. Beckoned by the Mothercrystal─the source of all life─you must embark upon a quest to deliver the land from an eternity of Darkness.
- Classes: Gladiator, Marauder Lancer, Pugilist, Rogue Archer Thaumaturge, Arcanist Conjurer
- Races: Hyur, Elezen, Lalafell, Miqo'te, Roegadyn
- All available in both male and female, with two Clans each
- Level cap of 50
- All jobs can be maxed on a single character
- Crafters - Carpenter, Blacksmith, Armorer, Goldsmith, Leatherworker, Weaver, Alchemist, Culinarian
- Gatherers - Botanist, Miner, Fisher
- Seventh Umbral Era and Seventh Astral Era Main Scenario Quests
- Countless Side Quests to explore
- Dungeons: 16 at launch, and 15 more added in 2.x patches
- Trials: 7 at launch, and 12 more Normal plus 8 (Extremes) added in the patches
- Crystal Tower 3-part, 24-man Alliance Raid series (Final Fantasy III crossover)
- The Coils of Bahamut 13-turn, 8-man Raid series
- 3 main city states: Gridania, Ul'dah, and Limsa Lominsa along with their zones in the Black Shroud, Thanalan, La Noscea as well as the Coerthas Central Highlands and Mor Dhona.
- Grand Companies - Pledge your support in the defense of your chosen city state.
- Beast Tribes - Amalj'aa, Kobolds, Sylphs, Sahagin, and Ixals (for crafters) added during the 2.x patches.
- Many Primals throughout Eorzea: Ifrit, Titan, Garuda, and 6 more...
- FATEs throughout the overworld zones, including special boss rewards and chains.
- The Hunt: Gather allies to take on powerful marks for unique rewards.
- PvP: Wolves' Den Pier, Frontline
- Relic Weapons for each class, along with unique Artifact Gear.
The current Digital Collector's Edition includes everything.
The theme song for A Realm Reborn is called Answers and it is composed by Nobuo Uematsu, arranged by Tsutomu Narita, with lyrics written by Yaeko Sato and Michael-Christopher Koji Fox, and performed by American musician, Susan Calloway.
There are four expansions to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn:
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - Released 23 June 2015
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood - Released 20 June 2017
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - Released 2 July 2019
- Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker - Released 7 December 2021