A Realm Reborn
A Realm Reborn (considered version 2.0 of the game) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) in the Final Fantasy series. It is developed and published by Square Enix. It was released worldwide for Windows and PlayStation 3 on 27 August 2013. Support for PlayStation 4 was added on 14 April 2014. A Realm Reborn was a replacement for the original version 1.x (also called Legacy) game that was launched in September 2010. The original version was shut down on 11 November 2012 due to negative reception.
Hydaelyn─a vibrant planet blessed by the Light of the Crystal.
Amid azure seas, encompassing the westernmost of the Three Great Continents, there lies a realm embraced by gods and forged by heroes. Her name...Eorzea.
It is here that your tale unfolds. Beckoned by the Mothercrystal─the source of all life─you must embark upon a quest to deliver the land from an eternity of Darkness.
- Classes: Gladiator, Marauder Lancer, Pugilist, Rogue Archer Thaumaturge, Arcanist Conjurer
- Races: Hyur, Elezen, Lalafell, Miqo'te, Roegadyn
- All available in both male and female, with two Clans each
- Level cap of 50
- All jobs can be maxed on a single character
- Crafters - Carpenter, Blacksmith, Armorer, Goldsmith, Leatherworker, Weaver, Alchemist, Culinarian
- Gatherers - Botanist, Miner, Fisher
- Seventh Umbral Era and Seventh Astral Era Main Scenario Quests
- Countless Side Quests to explore
- Dungeons: 16 at launch, and 15 more added in 2.x patches
- Trials: 7 at launch, and 12 more Normal plus 8 (Extremes) added in the patches
- Crystal Tower 3-part, 24-man Alliance Raid series (Final Fantasy III crossover)
- The Coils of Bahamut 13-turn, 8-man Raid series
- 3 main city states: Gridania, Ul'dah, and Limsa Lominsa along with their zones in the Black Shroud, Thanalan, La Noscea as well as the Coerthas Central Highlands and Mor Dhona.
- Grand Companies - Pledge your support in the defense of your chosen city state.
- Beast Tribes - Amalj'aa, Kobolds, Sylphs, Sahagin, and Ixals (for crafters) added during the 2.x patches.
- Many Primals throughout Eorzea: Ifrit, Titan, Garuda, and 6 more...
- FATEs throughout the overworld zones, including special boss rewards and chains.
- The Hunt: Gather allies to take on powerful marks for unique rewards.
- PvP: Wolves' Den Pier, Frontline
- Relic Weapons for each class, along with unique Artifact Gear.
The current Digital Collector's Edition includes everything.
The theme song for A Realm Reborn is called Answers and it is composed by Nobuo Uematsu, arranged by Tsutomu Narita, with lyrics written by Yaeko Sato and Michael-Christopher Koji Fox, and performed by American musician, Susan Calloway.
There are four expansions to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, with a fifth one currently in development:
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - Released 23 June 2015
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood - Released 20 June 2017
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - Released 2 July 2019
- Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker - Released 7 December 2021
- Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail - Planned for Summer 2024