The Heroes' Gauntlet
The Heroes' Gauntlet
When yet another starshower manifests over Norvrandt, the Warriors of Darkness find themselves under attack from mysterious spectral foes, who by all appearances are being summoned forth with the selfsame magick the Crystal Exarch employs─a magick that should lie beyond even the Ascians' ken. Seeking to take the battle away from innocent civilians, the heroes flee Eulmore in an airship, setting course for the Crystarium...
— In-game description
Unlocked as part of the level 80 quest The Converging Light. Speak to Chai-Nuzz at the Eulmore Aetheryte Plaza (x:11.6, y:11.7) in Eulmore to start the quest. Players must first complete the main scenario quest Etched in the Stars.
- Arrive in the Mount Argai Mines
- Clear the Mount Argai Mines
- Arrive in the Summer Ballroom
- Clear the Summer Ballroom
- Arrive in the Illuminated Plaza
- Defeat the spectral berserker
- Spectral Dream: Tankbuster.
- Chicken Knife: Line AOEs from each corner targeting each party member. Trust NPCs will stack in the center.
- Dash: Will teleport to marked location just before unleashing a circle AOE. Inflicts vuln stacks.
- Shadowdash: Will teleport self and shadow to two marked locations and both unleash either a circle AOE or a line AOE. AOEs are marked, just remember that he's going to move first. Inflicts vuln stacks.
- Spectral Whirlwind: Raidwide damage.
- Spectral Gust: Marked AOE on all party members. Don't stack.
- Twisted Touch: Tankbuster.
- Chaos Storm: Raidwide.
- Absolute Dark II: Giant cone AOE. Inflicts cleanseable Doom. Dodge.
- Necromancy: Summons four zombies, one tethered to each party member. Summons walking zombies first, crawling zombies second, then both in succession.
- Walking, light tether: These zombies auto you for a few seconds, then drop dead in preparation for Necroburst.
- Crawling, smoky tether: These zombies will inflict Rigor Mortis when they catch you -- they slowly approach at first, but will instantly close the gap after an AOE marker if they haven't caught you by then.
- Necroburst: Zombies explode, inflicting heavy damage and (if they were summoned walking) vuln stacks.
- Pain Mire: Five giant circle AOEs that inflict vuln stacks and leave behind bleed puddles.
- Dark Deluge: Drops a circle AOE on each player that inflicts vuln stacks. Dodge.
Distant Ideal: Spectral Berserker
- Beastly Fury: Raidwide damage. First use will fill the arena's edges and corners with bleed puddles.
- Wild Anguish: Stack attack inflicting Magic Vulnerability Up for a few seconds.
- Raging Slice: Line AOE in front inflicting vuln stacks. Always casts several in a row -- two the first time, then three for the rest of the fight.
- Wild Rage: Instakill circle + knockback, leaving behind a crater.
- A Bit Berserk: Standing in the crater will inflict stacks every second or so. Becomes Truly Berserk at 8 stacks, forcing you to auto the boss and take massive self-damage with each hit.
- Falling Rock: Drops a rock on each party member, then uses Wild Anguish on all of you in quick succession. Stack with the rocks to survive, not each other.
- Wild Rampage: Massive damage (almost guaranteed OHKO) and vuln stacks. Stand in the crater to avoid.
|Shadowless Bottoms of Casting||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Bottoms of Healing||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Coat of Aiming||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Coat of Fending||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Coat of Maiming||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Coat of Scouting||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Coat of Striking||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Hose of Aiming||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Hose of Scouting||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Hose of Striking||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Robe of Casting||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Robe of Healing||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Skirt of Fending||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Trousers of Maiming||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Where All Roads Lead Orchestrion Roll||Orchestrion Roll||Basic||1|
Treasure Coffer 1 (X: 9.5 Y: 10.1)
Treasure Coffer 2 (X: 12.7 Y: 13.6)
Treasure Coffer 3 (X: 10.9 Y: 11.5)
Treasure Coffer 4 (X: 13.3 Y: 12.1)
|Shadowless Earrings of Fending||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Earrings of Slaying||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Earrings of Aiming||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Earrings of Casting||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Earrings of Healing||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Necklace of Fending||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Necklace of Slaying||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Necklace of Aiming||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Necklace of Casting||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Shadowless Necklace of Healing||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Savage Aim Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Savage Might Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Heavens' Eye Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Quickarm Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Quicktongue Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Battledance Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Piety Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
Rarely, Hildibrand may be summoned in the Lakeland area (x11.9,y12.6) of the dungeon as a spectral Warrior of Light.