Deep in the Tempest─deeper still than the phantom Amaurot of Emet-Selch's design─lies what remains of Anyder's ancient edifices. It is to an unexplored corner of this bed of knowledge that the Scions now travel, in hopes that what has long slumbered forgotten may be brought to the surface once more.
— In-game description
Anamnesis is borrowed from ancient Greek meaning a recollection.
Complete the level 80 quest Beneath the Surface. Speak to Urianger at the Split Hull (x:10.7, y:36.1) in Kholusia to start the quest. Players must first complete the main scenario quest A Whale's Tale.
- Arrive at Katharsis
- Clear Katharsis
- Arrive at Doxa
- Clear Doxa
- Arrive at Noesis
- Defeat Rukshs Dheem
- Fetid Fang: Tankbuster.
- Scrutiny: Several orbs will appear around the arena with a circle AoE below each of them that leaves only three safe places to stand. At the same time, the Unknown will move to the center of the room and a roulette arrow indicator will spin around it. Nearing the end of the cast, the arrow will stop, but "slip" four more times until it stops on the next safe area, at which point the Unknown will blast that area with a narrow cone while the orbs explode.
- Luminous Ray: Line attack directed at a random player, telegraphed by the Unknown turning to face them and charging a fiery orb in its mouth.
- Inscrutability: Party-wide damage that also inflicts an incurable Bleeding debuff for 12 seconds.
- Unknown Add: The second cast of Scrutiny will also summon a second Unknown boss that will use Ectoplasmic Ray at the same time as the first Unknown's Scrutiny attack. This second Unknown is identical to the first and must be killed as well.
- Ectoplasmic Ray: Line-up stack marker on a random player that resolves halfway through the Scrutiny cast.
- Clearout: Short cone attack from Unknown's front directed at the Tank.
- Setback: Short cone attack from Unknown's rear. Only used if a player is behind the Unknown and in melee range.
- Plain Weirdness: After one of the Unknowns is destroyed, the other will cast this ability to give itself a Damage Up buff.
- The Final Verse: Moderate party-wide damage.
- 2,000-mina Swing: Circle AoE centered on Kyklops.
- 2,000-mina Swipe: Cone attack directly in front of the boss directed at the Tank.
- Terrible Hammer and Terrible Blade: Creates an image of a Hammer or Blade on the tiles of the room. Kyklops will cast one followed immediately by the other. Pay attention to which one he cast first, as they also launch their attacks a short time later in the same order. The tile attacks deal high damage and launches players it hits into the air and likely onto one of the other tiles.
- Eye of the Cyclone: Ring AoE with the only safe area in melee range of the boss.
- Raging Glower: Line attack in the direction of a random player. Kyklops telegraphs this attack by turning toward the player and holding his hands up to his face.
- Open Hearth: Stack marker on a random player.
- Wanderer's Pyre: Circle AoEs targeted on each player.
Merciless Matriarch: Rukshs Dheem
- Bonebreaker: Tankbuster.
- Seabed Ceremony: Deals moderate party-wide damage and has another effect based on what Rukshs Dheem does prior to casting it.
- Rukshs Dheem will jump to the front or back of the room and create a water puddle that separates the room into two halves. Standing in the puddle inflicts an indefinite Dropsy debuff until the player moves out of it.
- Rukshs Dheem will move to the center and cause two puddles to appear along the longer edges of the room.
- Depth Grip (1): Four watery hands will erupt from any available puddle and eventually slam down in the direction they're facing in the order they were summoned.
- If there's a puddle splitting the room in two, the hands will alternate which direction they face as they appear.
- If there's puddles on the edges of the room, all the hands will face inward, but there will be a safe area on each side. Stand in the safe area of the first side to spawn, then run to the opposite side once the first set's attacks finish.
- Falling Water: Two random players are marked with large circle AoEs.
- Rising Tide: Cross-shaped AoE centered on Rukshs Dheem.
- Unnatural Ripples: Four of the eight vents in the floor will begin spraying water. If a player isn't standing on a rippling vent, eventually a Queen's Harpooner add will spawn from it.
- Queen's Harpooner: Immediately tethers to the boss and grants her Invulnerability. All adds must be killed to remove the Invulnerability buff.
- Flying Fount: Stack marker on a random player.
- Command Current: Eight narrow cone attacks centered on Rukshs Dheem arranged so that there's only four safe areas to stand.
- Depth Grip (2): The second time ripples appear, all eight vents will be affected. This cast of Depth Grip causes four hands to appear in the pools on the outside of the arena, facing inward towards four of the vents. Stand on the vents that don't have a hand next to them. If done correctly, the four unavoidable spawns will result in the adds being killed by the Depth Grip hands as soon as they appear.
|Anamnesis Armor of Fending||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Armor of Maiming||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Coat of Aiming||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Coat of Casting||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Coat of Healing||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Hose of Aiming||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Hose of Casting||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Hose of Fending||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Hose of Healing||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Hose of Maiming||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Hose of Scouting||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Hose of Striking||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Jacket of Scouting||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Jacket of Striking||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Floundering in the Depths Orchestrion Roll||Orchestrion Roll||Basic||1|
|Unknown Card||Triple Triad Card||1|
Treasure Coffer 1 (X: 11.9 Y: 14)
Treasure Coffer 2 (X: 12.3 Y: 11.5)
Treasure Coffer 3 (X: 12.6 Y: 6.3)
Treasure Coffer 4 (X: 10.7 Y: 6.9)
|Anamnesis Earrings of Fending||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Earrings of Striking||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Earrings of Aiming||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Earrings of Casting||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Earrings of Healing||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Earrings of Slaying||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Choker of Fending||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Choker of Striking||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Choker of Aiming||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Choker of Casting||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Choker of Healing||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Anamnesis Choker of Slaying||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Savage Aim Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Savage Might Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Heavens' Eye Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Quickarm Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Quicktongue Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Battledance Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Piety Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|