Hullbreaker Isle (Hard)
- See also: Hullbreaker Isle
Hullbreaker Isle (Hard)
To the chagrin of countless treasure hunters, the golden coffer of the legendary Mistbeard was not to be found on Hullbreaker Isle. And so like the mists which had withdrawn to reveal the isle did those ambitious souls depart to seek fame and fortune elsewhere, allowing Eynzhar Slafyrsyn to quietly petition Admiral Merlwyb for permission to repurpose it as a training ground for Maelstrom recruits. The storm marshal would have you be the first to brave this gauntlet, that you might pit yourself against the isle's fearsome fauna and the Maelstrom's elite, and in so doing rouse their spirits. Will you give the storm officers a beating they will not soon forget, or will they stand triumphant at the last and shout that they have bested the Warrior of Light?
— In-game description
Level 60 players need to start the level 60 Sidequest Storming the Hull. Players can start the quest by talking to Denston in Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (x11, y10.4). To unlock the quest, players need to complete the level 60 Main Scenario Quest Heavensward (Quest) and the sidequest King of the Hull.
- Clear the Hell of Howls: 0/1
- Defeat the Sanguine Sirens: 0/1
- Clear the Hell of Malms: 0/1
- Defeat Ymir: 0/1
- Clear the Hell of Waves: 0/1
- Defeat Eynzahr: 0/1
This fight is very straightforward and is presented as several waves of fights. Primarily you'll need to dodge the AOEs, which include lines from the mobs and circles from offshore cannons. However, starting in the second wave and continuing into further waves, a coeurl will spawn tethered to the healer. This needs to be killed quickly as it applies a healing down debuff to the healer and a damage up buff to itself.
In this fight you'll be dealing with a snail. This boss has a few major mechanics.
- A lightning tether. Move away to break the tether
- Slime spots. These will cause you to become fettered for a time. However, they are useful because...
- Targeted lightning. You will be marked with a red flag. If this happens, move into the slime to become fettered and also immune to the lightning.
- Freezing. You will be marked with an ice flag and a circle. Try to place all of the circles close to each other without overlapping because after an initial freezing attack, an exploding ice block will be left behind. If these are not close to each other there may not be a safe spot.
This boss has two forms. In the first form, simply tank him away from the rest of the party, dodge the AOEs, and heal through his arena wide damage. His second form is more complex and again has a few possible mechanics.
- Chests. Several chests will spawn and he will poison everyone. Some of the chests will have a potion in them. Make sure each player gets to a chest with a potion to remove the poison.
- Target marker. A player can become marked. That player will be affected by a severe heavy before the boss targets them with a high damage AOE. The heavy needs to be removed ASAP so the player can dodge the AOE. This timing is very tight if you fail to notice the target icon, so if the person cannot escape, heal them to full so they can soak the damage.
- Firesand Kegs. The boss will throw these around the arena and then begin targeting them. After a time a targeted keg will explode causing massive damage in a fairly large area around it. Simply dodge the targeted keg. You can also knock the kegs with an attack to move them to the edge of the arena.
|Berserker's Leg Guards||Feet||Dungeon||1|
|Viking Leg Guards||Feet||Dungeon||1|
|Berserker's Scale Mail||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Horizons Calling Orchestrion Roll||Orchestrion Roll||Basic||1|
|Mistbeard Card||Triple Triad Card||Basic||1|
|Viking Scale Mail||Body||Dungeon||1|
Additional Treasure Coffers
Treasure Coffer 1 (X: 12.4 Y: 11.2)
Treasure Coffer 2 (X: 10.5 Y: 8.6)
Treasure Coffer 3 (X: 7.2 Y: 10.2)
Treasure Coffer 4 (X: 5.2 Y: 11.2)