- Main article: Duties
Duty Finder is a tool players can use to automatically find groups for dungeons, guildhests and other group content. Player needs to unlock the dungeon or guildhest first before using the tool. Duty Finder will match players from different servers. A light party consist of 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 damage dealers (DPS).
- DPS: Thaumaturge/Black Mage, Lancer/Dragoon, Archer/Bard, Pugilist/Monk, Arcanist/Summoner, Rogue/Ninja, Blue Mage, Machinist, Samurai, Red Mage, and Dancer
In patch 2.1, Duty Roulette was introduced to allow randomization of duty selection with daily bonuses for certain activities.
Duty Finder Unlock
Duty Finder unlocks after you completed your first levemete NPC quest and the following guildleve quest s/he gives to you.
Duty Finder Settings
Duty Finder Settings are introduced in patch 3.0. Players can access settings from the gear wheel icon on the top left corner of the Duty Finder menu (above the "Duty Finder" menu name).
Undersized Party (referred to as unsynced by the community) allows players to participate in Duties with below minimum party member requirements. For example, running Sastasha Seagrot with 2 players. In this setting, level sync, item level sync and role requirement are ignored. Only certain duties allow undersized parties.
- Defeating enemies (non-boss) will grant no EXP or item drops. Spiritbond and Soul Resonance cannot be gained.
- Players will still receive treasure chest rewards from defeating bosses, first time completion bonuses and EXP upon completion of the duty.
Minimum IL or item level reduces the item levels of the entire party to that of the minimum item level requirement of the duty. It is intended for players wish to be challenged by the duties as they were when first introduced. Players can select this setting in conjunction with Undersized Party setting.
Normal: Regular loot rules that enables Need, Greed and Pass system for all drops.
Greed Only: All party members must select Greed.
Lootmaster: Party Leader determines loot distribution. For each drop, party leader can manually distribute the loot to an individual party member or make the entire party choose Greed only.
- Loot Rules cannot be changed once entering a duty.
- Loot Rules can only be enabled by pre-made parties. They are always Normal when random players are matched by duty finder.
Triple Triad and Lord of Verminion
Explorer Mode was released in patch 5.4 in Shadowbringers. It allows players to freely explore previously completed dungeons. Using Explorer Mode, players can take their time to enjoy the scenery of their favorite dungeons with no enemies or obstacles to ruin their fun.