Matoya's Relict is a level 80 dungeon introduced in patch 5.4 with Shadowbringers.“
The Makers' Quarter was once home to some of the finest crafters Eorzea had ever seen, but it has lain in forgotten ruin since the Sharlayan exodus. It is there, hidden amidst overgrown foliage, that the entrance to the former workshop of the Archon Matoya can be found. Seeking to create a familiar that creates familiars, you throw open the doors and step into the "moldy old hole"─the first souls to do so in decades...
— In-game description
- 1 Unlock
- 2 Objectives
- 3 Bosses
- 4 Loot
- 5 Images
- 6 Easter Eggs
Unlocked as part of the level 80 quest Like Master, Like Pupil. Speak to Y'shtola at the Maelstrom Command (x:9.0, y:13.5) in Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks to start the quest. Players must first complete the main scenario quest Forget Us Not.
- Arrive at the Claydot Cauldron: 0/1
- Clear the Claydot Cauldron: 0/1
- Arrive at the Clearnote Cauldron: 0/1
- Clear the Clearnote Cauldron: 0/1
- Arrive at the Kilnfire Cauldron: 0/1
- Defeat the mother porxie: 0/1
The key mechanic of this fight is the balls of mud you need to aim into the corners of the room. Make sure that when you're tethered to a ball, line yourself up so that the ball shoots through you and into a hole in one of the corners of the room. Keep your eye out for little mud men inside the holes, if you see one, make sure you aim away from THAT hole, as it won't get rid of your ball and you'll continue to take damage from it.
- Hard Rock is a tankbuster ability, healers prepare and tanks pop some cooldowns
- Petrified Peat is a basic targeted AOE, split up and don't overlap hitboxes. This will leave mud balls on the battlefield (read Peat Pelt)
- Peat Pelt will tether you to the balls left on the field. Position yourself so the balls will shoot through you and into one of the holes on the edges of the battlefield (do not aim towards a hole with a little mud man in it!)
- Battle Breccia is an inverted cone attack. Stand directly in front of Mudman, or far enough away to avoid the damage
- Falling Rock is a stacking indicator ability, make sure you group up to share the damage
The key mechanic of this fight is watching the sides of the room for the water pipes and standing where the water will not hit, as well as making sure you jump into one of the water sprouts that will shoot you up to the cloud where Nixie is singing during the "Singing in the Rain" phase. If you can do these two things, you'll be good as gold!
- Smash-Crash is a spell that will create four moving tethers that will follow the single target. Do not stand on these tethers, as a wind attack will follow. The target will take moderate damage, so be ready!
- Shower Power a tether indicator will point you in the direction you need to look, stand in line with the non-glowing pipe to avoid the water blast
- Singing in the Rain does not have a cast bar, but Nixie will float away and create a cloud she stands on. Water spouts will form around the room, and you need to stand on the one closest to the cloud to join her on the platform. All players who do not make it up will be killed by a water nova attack
- Unnamed AOE Target is a basic targeted group AOE. Just don't stand near each friends to avoid excess damage
- Unnamed Water Spouts will just form around the room (as they did during Singing in the Rain). Avoid these not get stuck in place and get hit by other attacks
Porcine Porcelain: Mother Porxie
The key mechanics in the fight involve running against the wind immediately as you dodge incoming AOEs (otherwise you'll fall into a kill zone), and making sure when you see the room-wide "wind arrows" with a circle safe zone in the middle of the room, you're standing close to Mother Porxie, as she'll blow you back before denoting a room-wide AOE that does massive damage.
- Tender Loin is a room wide AOE spell that does moderate damage. Healers be ready to AOE heal after it's cast
- Huff and Puff room wide gust combined with a room wide devastating AOE. Stand close to Porxie (not in the safe zone circle), as she'll blow you back into the safe zone before immediately denotating the room wide AOE
- Meat Mallet is a targeted impact zone ability which will indicate the direction you will need to run away from. Don't stop running away, as she will begin to suck you into a death zone and throw things at you. No abilities are active during this timeframe so you need to continue holding away from the boss in order to not die!
- Hidden Huff and Puff is exactly like Huff and Puff, only you do not get any of the usual visual cues at ground level. Instead, a wind sprite will be summoned, which will explode when killed and shoot the party over the haze in the room, revealing Mother Porxie. You will have to deduce her location based upon the wind current indicator at the apex of the launch when the sprite dies. Mother Porxie will reappear just a moment or so before the attack finally finishes charging.
- Open Flame is a basic targeted AOE ability, don't overlap with your friends to avoid excess damage
- Minced Meat is a tankbuster single target spell, cooldowns and healing at the ready!
|Freshly Glazed Porxie Orchestrion Roll||Orchestrion Roll||Basic||1|
|Heirloom Gaskins of Aiming||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Gaskins of Fending||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Gaskins of Maiming||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Gaskins of Scouting||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Gaskins of Striking||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Jacket of Aiming||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Jacket of Fending||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Jacket of Maiming||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Jacket of Scouting||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Jacket of Striking||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Trousers of Casting||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Trousers of Healing||Legs||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Tunic of Casting||Body||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Tunic of Healing||Body||Dungeon||1|
Treasure Coffer 1 (X: 12.4 Y: 10.6)
Treasure Coffer 2 (X: 10.5 Y: 10.2)
Treasure Coffer 3 (X: 11.8 Y: 13.4)
Treasure Coffer 4 (X: 11.7 Y: 11.1)
|Heirloom Earring of Fending||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Earring of Slaying||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Earring of Aiming||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Earring of Casting||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Earring of Healing||Earrings||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Necklace of Fending||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Necklace of Slaying||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Necklace of Aiming||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Necklace of Casting||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Heirloom Necklace of Healing||Necklace||Dungeon||1|
|Savage Aim Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Savage Might Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Heavens' Eye Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Quickarm Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Quicktongue Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Battledance Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|
|Piety Materia VII||Materia||Basic||1|