The Aetherochemical Research Facility
The Aetherochemical Research Facility
The Aetherochemical Research Facility is a level 60 dungeon introduced in patch 3.0 with Heavensward.“
Your pursuit of the archbishop has brought you to the Aetherochemical Research Facility, at the heart of the floating isle of Azys Lla. However, he and his knights are not the only threat for which you must be prepared; shortly before your arrival, the VIth Imperial Legion entered the facility in search of the secret to mastering primals, and their presence will serve to complicate matters. With multiple factions and their ambitions set on a collision course, your mission promises to be fraught with danger and uncertainty both.
— In-game description
Level 60 players need to start the level 60 Main Scenario Quest Heavensward (Quest). Players can start the quest by talking to Guidance Node in Azys Lla (x15, y21). To unlock the quest, players need to complete the level 59 Main Scenario Quest Fetters of Lament.
(1) Clear Analysis and Proving
(2) Clear Bioweapons Research
(3) Defeat Harmachis
(4) Defeat all opposition
(5) Defeat -Spoiler-
- Stuns the tank and follows up with a high damage attack. Heal as necessary.
- Summons turrets every phase swap, with one additional turret per swap. Turrets self-destruct if not killed in time, causing room-wide damage.
- Magitek Turret Is target a random party member with a visible line and will continuously attack them.
- Magitek Turret IIs target random party members with circle AoEs.
- After switching to Phase 2, he will move to the walls and repeatedly cast Magitek Slug, an easily dodged line AoE
- At the end of Phase 2 will cast Magitek Spread, a large AoE that hits everywhere except a wide cone behind him.
Party members should remain on different sides of the boss when possible, only stacking up to mitigate Ballistic Missile.
- Weighing of the Heart: Changes Forms, form will be announced but may be only a split second before the change. There is no cast or announcement prior to changing back to Sphinx.
- Sphinx form
- Riddle of the Sphinx is an easily dodged circle AoE.
- Will periodically attack the tank with a unmarked cone of Poison.
- Anti-Cobra form
- High damage tank buster (6000-8000+ damage)
- Anti-Naga form
- Petrifaction is a gaze attack that will cause 10 seconds of Petrification unless you are looking away from the boss.
- Circle of Flames is an instant AoE that will target multiple party members, stay spread out to avoid stacking damage.
- Anti-Machina form
- Ballistic Missile will target a party member with a high-damage missile, indicated by a small circle on the ground. Have one other party member stack on you to spread the damage.
- Gaseous Bomb is an instant cone AoE that will target a random party member.
- There are two bosses active during the course of the fight. The inactive boss will cast End of Days, a line AoE, while the party fights the other boss.
- Both bosses will periodically cast back to back AoEs, Blizzard Sphere which freezes, and Fire Sphere which deals damage. The AoEs will overlap greatly.
- When Lahabrea is active the floor will be frozen, causing party members to slip forward when attempting to walk. Lahabrea will then cast AoE's that do large damage--be very careful not to slip into AoEs in this phase.
- End of Days: Line AoE cast by the inactive boss
- Dark Orb: Basic attack, targets tank
- Sea of Pitch: DoT circle AoE, targets all party members
- Blizzard Sphere: Multiple circle AoEs that will cause Frozen, always followed by Fire Sphere
- Fire Sphere: Multiple circle AoEs, always preceded by Blizzard Sphere
- Dark Blizzard II: Random circle AoEs
- Dark Fire II: Random circle AoEs
- Permafrost: Only cast by Igeyrohm while inactive, will apply Thin Ice, causing party members to slip forward when attempting to walk
- Dodge AoEs
- Boss will mark two players with a circular AoE with a safe area in the middle. All players should stack up to avoid taking damage.
- Boss will become immune and summon two orbs--Blizzard and Fire--that move towards him. As before, Blizzard will freeze the party if not broken and Fire will deal damage if not broken. Kill the Blizzard orb first in the event there is not enough DPS for both orbs.
- Last phase will spawn four dark portals around the room. The boss will begin casting Universal Manipulation, which deals AoE damage and places a plethora of hazardous debuffs (think Bad Breath with stuns.) Players must jump into the portals before the cast bar completes to avoid Universal Manipulation. Some AoE healing is necessary as the portals place a DoT on each party member.
- At around 30%, the boss attaches orbs to all players. The orbs will follow their tethered players, and damage and apply a debuff if they hit. If a player pops another player's orb, they take the damage, but not the debuff. Therefore it is best for players to pop each other's orbs, minding that the tank and healer should move the least so they can maintain their roles. Players can run from the orbs to stall for time if they have any hazardous debuffs or are too low on HP to survive.
- Ancient Disruption: Targeted circle AoEs
- Shadow Flare: Causes room-wide damage
- Ancient Circle: Two party members will be marked with circular AoEs, with a central safe area. Stack up to avoid damage.
- Annihilation: Causes high room-wide damage
- Universal Manipulation: Causes room-wide damage and five debuffs, can be avoided by stepping into one of the dark portals around the edge of the room before the cast completes.
- The portal will cause Bleeding and Fetters until Universal Manipulation is complete.
- Chaos Sphere: Four tethered orbs will appear and move towards the tethered party member. If they hit their target they will cause damage and debuffs. Players should pop other player's orbs to avoid the debuffs. They will still take damage.
- Entropic Flame: Multiple line AoEs in a T, from his sides and front.
15 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics for first boss
30 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics for second boss
45 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics for third boss
60 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics for final boss
100 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics for first time completion