The Aetherochemical Research Facility
The Aetherochemical Research Facility
The Aetherochemical Research Facility is a level 60 dungeon introduced in patch 3.0 with Heavensward.“
Your pursuit of the archbishop has brought you to the Aetherochemical Research Facility, at the heart of the floating isle of Azys Lla. However, he and his knights are not the only threat for which you must be prepared; shortly before your arrival, the VIth Imperial Legion entered the facility in search of the secret to mastering primals, and their presence will serve to complicate matters. With multiple factions and their ambitions set on a collision course, your mission promises to be fraught with danger and uncertainty both.
— In-game description
Level 60 players need to start the level 60 Main Scenario Quest Heavensward (Quest). Players can start the quest by talking to Guidance Node in Azys Lla (x15, y21). To unlock the quest, players need to complete the level 59 Main Scenario Quest Fetters of Lament.
(1) Clear Analysis and Proving
(2) Clear Bioweapons Research
(3) Defeat Harmachis
(4) Defeat all opposition
(5) Defeat -Spoiler-
- Stuns the tank and follows up with a high damage attack. Heal as necessary.
- Summons turrets every phase swap, with one additional turret per swap. Turrets target random party members and self-destruct if not killed in time, causing room-wide damage.
- During Phase 2 he moves to the walls and fires line AoEs. Simply move out of this.
- At the end of Phase 2 he does an AoE attack that hits everywhere except directly behind him.
- Sphinx form: Dodge AoEs, poison attack on the tank
- Serpent form: High damage tank buster (6000-8000+ damage)
- Naga form: Casts Petrification, a standard gaze attack that can be avoided by looking away from the boss while it is being cast.
- Anti-Machina form: A party member will be targeted with a high-damage missile, indicated by a small circle on the ground. Have one other party member stack on you to spread the damage.
- There are two bosses active during the course of the fight. Whichever one is not active will cast line AoEs while the party fights the other boss.
- Both bosses will periodically cast Blizzard Spheres which freeze and then Fire Spheres which deal high damage. Getting frozen by Blizzard Spheres will usually result in being wiped by a Fire Sphere.
- When Lahabrea is active the floor will be frozen, causing party members to slip forward when attempting to walk. Igeyorhm will then cast AoE's that do large damage--be very careful not to slip into AoEs in this phase.
- Dodge AoEs
- Boss will mark two players with a circular AoE with a safe area in the middle. All players should stack up to avoid taking damage.
- Boss will become immune and summon two orbs--Blizzard and Fire--that move towards him. As before, Blizzard will freeze the party if not broken and Fire will deal damage if not broken. Kill the Blizzard orb first in the event there is not enough DPS for both orbs.
- Last phase will spawn four dark portals around the room. The boss will begin casting Universal Manipulation, which deals AoE damage and places a plethora of hazardous debuffs (think Bad Breath with stuns.) Players must jump into the portals before the cast bar completes to avoid Universal Manipulation. Some AoE healing is necessary as the portals place a DoT on each party member.
- At around 30%, the boss attaches orbs to all players. The orbs will follow their tethered players, and damage and apply a debuff if they hit. If a player pops another player's orb, they take the damage, but not the debuff. Therefore it is best for players to pop each other's orbs, minding that the tank and healer should move the least so they can maintain their roles. Players can run from the orbs to stall for time if they have any hazardous debuffs or are too low on HP to survive.
15 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics for first boss
30 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics for second boss
45 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics for third boss
60 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics for final boss
100 Allagan Tomestone of Poetics for first time completion