Like Master, Like Pupil
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Like Master, Like Pupil
- Quest giver
- Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (X:9.0, Y:13.5)
- Quest line
- Post-Shadowbringers Main Scenario Quests
- Previous quest
- Forget Us Not
- Next quest
- The Admiral's Resolve
The trace of a wry smile is visible on Y'shtola's lips.
— In-game description
- Speak with Y'shtola in the Ruling Quarter.
- Speak with Matoya.
- Speak with Puro Roggo in the Makers' Quarter.
- Use the Duty Finder or Trust to enter Matoya's Relict.
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- The trace of a wry smile is visible on Y'shtola's lips.
- In your quest to cure as many of the tempered as possible, it is decided that you will turn to the wisdom of Master Matoya, the realm's foremost authority on familiars. Wasting no time, you set out for the Archon's hidden refuge in the Dravanian hinterlands.
- Stepping into the dimly lit cave, you are greeted by the perennially cantankerous Matoya in typically biting fashion. “Pleasantries” thus exchanged, she demands to know your reason for coming, and Y'shtola dutifully explains your need for more familiars to play the role of Angelo. Pondering the challenge of producing a veritable herd of the creatures, the elderly Archon proposes creating a mother porxie who would in turn create the necessary porxies, and with a mixture of nostalgia and annoyance, makes mention of a certain moldy old hole...
- The place to which Matoya so fondly alluded is soon revealed to be her abandoned workshop in the Makers' Quarter. There, she declares, you will be able to obtain all of the necessary ingredients for the mother porxie, and put them to use. You duly set off for the workshop's entrance, where a poroggo guide awaits.
- At your word, the poroggo named Puro Roggo will show you into Matoya's Relict, that you might set about making your familiar-making familiar.
- At the end of your ramble through the relict, you succeed in creating─and subsequently taming─the mother porxie. All that remains is to see if she can produce a litter of little helpers.
- After G'raha Tia imbues the mother porxie with his magick, Y'shtola provides the familiar with the energy she needs to give birth. And give birth she does, to three bouncing baby Angelos, as all look on approvingly.
- Your task in the relict thus accomplished, you rejoin your comrades outside. Though it will still be hard work to create the porxies, the process has been made a great deal more manageable, bringing you another step closer to finding a lasting solution to the primal problem.