Jump to navigation Jump to search
Patch 4.0 is the initial release of the Stormblood expansion.
Notable Features, Additions, and Changes
- Main Story: Stormblood (Levels 60-70, 122 quests)
- New Locations: Rhalgr's Reach (Minor City), Kugane (Major City), The Fringes, The Peaks, The Lochs, The Ruby Sea, Yanxia, and The Azim Steppe
- New jobs: Samurai (Melee DPS), Red Mage (Magical Ranged DPS)
- New job and class quests (Levels 60-70)
- Dungeons: The Sirensong Sea, Shisui of the Violet Tides, Bardam's Mettle, Doma Castle, Castrum Abania, Ala Mhigo, Kugane Castle, The Temple of the Fist
- Trials: The Pool of Tribute, Emanation, The Royal Menagerie, The Pool of Tribute (Extreme), Emanation (Extreme)
- Raid Series: Deltascape, Deltascape (Savage) the first part of the Omega story and raid series
System Changes and Additions
- Level cap increased to 70 for all classes and jobs.
- Players may no longer assign Attribute points. They now depend solely on gear, job, and level.
- Parry stat changed to Tenacity and Accuracy stat changed to Direct Hit Rate
- Hit chance for same-level enemies set to 100%. Chance of missing now based purely on level difference.
- Cross-class skills removed and replaced with the Role actions system.
- Swimming and Diving added.
- New Residential District: Shirogane
- Treasure Hunt: The Lost Canals of Uznair treasure map dungeon (4.05)
- Playstation 3 support ended.
- New Allagan Tomestone currency: Allagan Tomestones of Verity and Allagan Tomestones of Creation
- Allagan Tomestones of Lore and Allagan Tomestones of Scripture are now deprecated and can be exchanged for Allagan Tomestones of Poetics for a limited time. Activites that previously rewarded Lore and Scripture, and rewards purchased for Lore and Scripture, now use Poetics.
- Allagan Tomestones of Esoterics have been removed.
- New Scrip currency: Yellow Crafters' Scrip and Yellow Gatherers' Scrip
- Blue Crafters' Scrip and Blue Gatherers' Scrip are now deprecated and can be exchanged for Red Crafters' Scrip and Red Gatherers' Scrip for a limited time. Items currently obtained with blue crafters’ and gatherers’ scrips will be obtained with red crafters’ and gatherers’ scrips respectively by speaking with the scrip exchange, with some exceptions. The weekly limit on red crafters’ and gatherers’ scrips has been removed.
- Yellow crafters’ and gatherers’ scrips have no weekly limit.
- Collectable Appraiser (Limsa Lominsa), Scrip Exchange (Limsa Lominsa), Collectable Appraiser (Gridania), Scrip Exchange (Gridania), Collectable Appraiser (Ul'dah - Steps of Thal), Scrip Exchange (Ul'dah) added.
- Increased Furnishing limits
- Updates to PvP
- Inventory space increased
- Aethernet Shard added to Sapphire Avenue Exchange.
Note: Not all content listed here will launch on the same day. This article is about the 4.0x season as a whole.