Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Rise of a New Sun"
Patch 4.2: Rise of a New Sun is the second major content update introduced for Stormblood.
Notable Features, Additions, and Changes
- Main Story: Rise of a New Sun (8 quests)
- Side Story: Even Further Hildibrand Adventures (2 quests) (4.25)
- Normal Raid: Omega: Sigmascape and Omega: Sigmascape (Savage), the second part of the Omega story and raid series
- Dungeon: Hells' Lid, The Fractal Continuum (Hard)
- Chronicles of a New Era: The Four Lords
- Beast Tribe Quests and Reputation: The Ananta
- New Exploratory Missions: The Forbidden Land first chapter
- The Forbidden Land, Eureka Anemos added (4.25)
System Changes and Additions
- PvP The Feast - New Map Crystal Tower Training Grounds
- New team system, additional rules
- Glamour Dressers and Glamour Plates added
- Free Company - Subaquatic Voyages added
- The Gold Saucer - The Fashion Report added. Earn MGP via glamour!
- Elemental resistances removed
- Elemental Materia deprecated, and elemental resist stats removed from all gear
- Cutscenes in Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium are now unskippable to ensure that new players playing through the story can experience them properly. Rewards from these dungeons have been increased to compensate for the increased time needed to complete them.
- New Allagan Tomestone currency: Allagan Tomestones of Mendacity
- New Performance actions for Bard
- Duty Recorder functionality
- Glamour Prisms made generic and single-tier. Old prisms exchangeable for the new one-size-fits-all one.