Jump to navigation Jump to search
"A Realm Awoken"
Patch 2.1: A Realm Awoken is the first major content update introduced for A Realm Reborn.
Notable Features, Additions, and Changes
- Main Story: A Realm Awoken (19 quests, later reduced to 10 in patch 5.3)
- Side Story: Hildibrand, Agent of Enquiry Chapter 1 (4 quests)
- Alliance Raid: The Labyrinth of the Ancients, the first chapter of the Crystal Tower story and raid series
- Dungeons: Pharos Sirius, Copperbell Mines (Hard), Haukke Manor (Hard)
- Trials: Thornmarch (Hard), The Minstrel's Ballad: Ultima's Bane, The Bowl of Embers (Extreme), The Navel (Extreme), The Howling Eye (Extreme), A Relic Reborn: The Chimera, A Relic Reborn: The Hydra
- PvP: The Wolves' Den
- Beast Tribe Quests and Reputation: Sylphs and Amalj'aa
- Treasure Hunt: Gatherers may find treasure maps, which can be deciphered and followed to find treasure.
- Free Company Housing added
- New Residential Districts: Mist, The Lavender Beds, and The Goblet
System Changes and Additions
- Duty Roulette: Allows the player to enter random instanced duties for bonus rewards.
- Aesthetician: Allows the player to recustomize a limited set of aspects of his/her character's appearance for a 2,000 gil fee.
- Vote Dismiss functionality added for duty finder groups.
- Using Vote Dismiss to kick another player without justification is a punishable offense.
- Character window improvements
- Average item level displayed by character model
- The character model display now allows for moving, rotating, and zooming.
- Grand Company rank displayed on profile tab
- Main menu buttons consolidated into one row, with each button opening a drop-down list of multiple commands.
Note: Not all content listed here will launch on the same day. This article is about the 2.1x season as a whole.