The Binding Coil of Bahamut - Turn 1
- This article is about the level 50 challenge-mode raid. For the first tier in general, see The Binding Coil of Bahamut.
The Binding Coil of Bahamut - Turn 1
- 50 (Sync: 50)
- Item Level
- Party size
- Full Party
8 man • 2 2 4
- Time limit
- 90 minutes
- Duty Finder
- Raids (A Realm Reborn)
- Req. quest
- Primal Awakening
- Eastern La Noscea (X:21.7, Y:22.3)
- Upper Aetheroacoustic Exploratory Site
- La Noscea
- The Echo
- Permanent +30%
Situated upon Vylbrand, Castrum Occidens is more akin to a research facility than a fortress. Even before its pillar was driven into the ground, Legatus Gaius van Baelsar had ordered his people to probe the fragment of Dalamud which fell at that precise location. The impact resulted in the creation of vast caverns pervaded by corrupted crystals. Though unknown dangers lie in wait within, you must brave them all if you are to learn the truth of the Calamity.
— In-game description
The Binding Coil of Bahamut - Turn 1 is a level 50 raid introduced in patch 2.0. The raid is also known as T1.
- Gain access to the Exploratory Site: 0/1
- Breach the aetherial fields: 0/2
- Defeat Caduceus: 0/1
ADS, Allagan Defense System, is the mini-boss of Turn 1.
- High Voltage : Inflict moderate damage to all players and apply Paralysis, which will periodically Stun the affected player and cannot be cleansed. Interrupt the cast at all cost. Blue Mages can learn this spell.
- Repelling Cannon : A pointblank AoE from the boss
- Piercing Laser : A line AoE aimed on a random person
- Nodes : Adds will spawn on the entrance and will tether to the boss if they get too close causing the boss to regenerate some HP and gain increased damage done. Several variants may spawn though all of them will cast Repelling Cannon similar to ADS.
- Enrage : ADS will explode after 4 minutes(4 clicks), dealing massive damage
- Crystal Platform : The yellow crystal path that you've been walking on before will glow and apply a Bleed to anyone standing on it when Caduceus is active.
- Hood Swing : Non telegraphed cleave tankbuster with a large radius
- Whip Back : A telegraphed backward cleave used when a player is standing behind it.
- Regorge : Spit a Poison puddle on a random player that deals damage over time.
- Steel Scales : Caduceus will periodically gain a stack of Steel Scales, increasing physical damage dealt by around 50%. This buff does not expires on its own and will stack up to 8
- Dark Matter Slime : Several of the platforms will begin to glow and when it finish, anyone standing on top of these platforms will spawn a Dark Matter Slime. These adds will fixate on the player spawning them and explode if the target is too far away, dealing massive AoE damage. If Caduceus comes in contact with these slimes, it will Devour the slime and lose a stack of Steel Scales but also heal itself for the amount of HP the slime have. Blue Mages can learn that spell.
- Split : At around 68% HP, the boss will split into two with both having halved HP and damage. Both bosses will gain Steel Scales over time.
- Merge : After the split, Caduceus will merge with its duplicate if they get too close to one another, merging their HP and rapidly gain Steel Scales
- Enrage : Caduceus will rapidly gain Steel Scales when the other Caduceus is killed. Burn them both down at around the same time.
Spread out. Assign players to spawn slime. DPS the slime down to around 20% before letting. Bring the slime towards the boss from its side. Splitting the boss when it has no stacks is greatly preferred
On split, take your party and split in to 2 light parties and burn your respective bosses. Continue to drag slimes to the boss during this phase to prevent the tanks from getting overwhelmed. Split DPS equally and make sure both of them are away from each other.
Treasure Coffer (X: 14.5 Y: 4.1)
This duty is associated with the following achievements:
|Mapping the Realm: The Binding Coil of Bahamut I||10||Discover every location within the first turn of the Binding Coil of Bahamut.||-||2.0|