Eden's Promise: Litany (Savage)
Eden's Promise: Litany (Savage)
Following your adventures in the Empty, a crystal has been found that bears distorted memories of your recent encounters. As if facing such nightmarish foes once was not enough, you now have the opportunity to experience these struggles anew, though far more perilous than you remember...
— In-game description
Note: The arena is surrounded by a border that, if touched, will instantly kill the player.
Before the fight, it is advised that you assign each player a clock position for a mechanic later in the fight. Healers should also be paired up with two DPS players for later.
The first phase of the fight is simply to show some of the mechanics that will repeat and evolve over the course of the fight.
- Deepshadow Nova: Raid-wide damage. Mitigate and heal through.
- Implosion: The boss will lift either their head or their tail and summon a shadow. The attack will come from the orientation of the shadow, but the hitbox of the boss. If the boss lifts its head, the attack will come from the front of the boss, and the opposite for a raised tail. So, for example, if the boss raises its tail and the shadow appears to the left, the attack will come out on the back half of the left side of the boss.
- Stand-Up: The boss will stand on it's hind legs and pull out a sword. When doing this, the boss will fire a point-blank AoE. Be sure to move away from the boss.
- Giga Slash: The boss will hold the sword in its left or right hand, indicating what side the attack will come out on, then summons a shadow. The best strategy is to identify what side the attack is coming out on, then orient the shadow behind you and move to the correct side to avoid the attack.
- Umbra Smash: Tank-buster. The target is hit by four slashes, each inflicting four stacks of the Slash Resistance Down debuff and a Magic Vulnerability Up debuff. The boss will follow this up immediately with either Shadow's Edge or Darkness Unleashed.
- Shadow's Edge: A line cleave from the boss to the target. players should move away from the target to avoid getting clipped.
- Darkness Unleashed: A circle buster that needs to be split amongst the party.
- The attack that comes out after Giga Slash is random, so players should be ready to stack if need be. Regardless of what attack comes out, the player that was targeted by Giga Slash cannot survive the next attack without an invulnerability. Tanks can either use cooldowns to survive the slashes and an invuln skill to survive the following attack, or they can swap off with the off-tank after the four slashes and avoid the follow up.
- Shadowcleave: A long cast that targets all players with a cleave. Move to your assigned clock positions and stand near the edge of the arena. After the attack, a clone of the player will spawn where they were originally standing. This clone will then tether to the player.
- Dual Spell: A player will be marked with a stack marker for an attack that will go off three times. At the same time, the players clone will either receive a marker over their heads numbering 1-3, or no marker at all. This number lets the player know what attack they will be debuffed for and have to step out of the attack (ex: A players' clone is marked with two dots, so the player will receive a debuff for the second attack and have to step away but can stack for the first and third attack). If a player’s clone is unmarked, they can stack for the full duration of the attack.
- Shadowkeeper: The clones teleport directly behind the player and fire off a short-range cleave. Players should stack so the clones appear in one place, making the attack easy to dodge. The boss will use another Umbra Smash after this.
- Shadow Servant: Either the Tanks and Healers or all DPS players will be linked to the boss via a tether, then a shadow will spawn underneath them. The boss will then cast Giga Slash, lock the players with shadows momentarily, then fire from all four shadows. To create a safe zone, identify which side the attack will fire from, then orient your shadow so that the side the attack will fire from is facing the outer side of the arena. Once the players are released from their lock, they can run to the middle of the stage while the attack fires away from everyone. The boss will repeat this attack, tethering to the opposite role group. Simply handle the attack the same way.
- Distant Scream: The boss will put away its sword and return to standing on all fours. This attack causes raid-wide damage with knockback.
- Umbral Orbs: 2x purple orbs and 2x orange orb clusters will spawn at the cardinals of the stage. Shortly after spawning, the orbs will attack the player closest to them. Tanks need to soak the purple orbs, and the orange clusters should be soaked by the healer/DPS parties formed earlier. The orbs will spawn in a random formation, so adjust accordingly.
- Spawn Shadow: The boss will summon four clones of itself, one of which will be briefly tethered to the boss. The clones will leap around the arena 5 times randomly, then the tethered clone will fire Shadow Warrior. The only safe zone is against the wall directly behind the clone. The boss will also cast Umbral Orbs, spawning the orbs on the other side of the arena. Players should line up with the correct orbs in order to soak them correctly. Once the attack fires, the orbs should hit the correct players/groups. The boss will follow this up with another Deepshadow Nova to heal through.
- Fade to Shadow: Four puddles will spawn in the corners of the arena and tether to the boss, two with straight tethers, and two with curved tethers. orbs will leave from the boss and follow these tethers. The straight tethered puddles will explode first in huge AoEs, followed by the curved tethered ones. The boss will also summon a shadow and use Implosion, rendering only one side of the stage safe. Identify which side is safe and move accordingly. The boss will follow this up with another Deepshadow Nova.
- Implosion x4: The boss will summon four shadows one after the other, firing off consecutive attacks. Simply move to the correct side of the shadows in the order they spawn. the boss will follow this up with yet another Deepshadow Nova to end the phase.
The boss will use Stand-Up here again, so be sure to move away from the boss, followed by Umbra Smash.
- Voidgate: Four meteor markers will appear on the floor that require to players each to stand in. However, standing in these circles causes the Bleed debuff, dealing damage. The boss will use this in conjunction with Shadow Servant, marking players with shadows again. The shadows will lock players in place just as the meteors are about to resolve, so its important to identify which way to point the attack from the shadow, then stand in the meteor marker, then quickly move into the center to avoid the slashes. This mechanic will repeat again, targeting the opposite role group, however this time the markers spawn at the intercardinals, requiring players to turn the shadows out, move into the markers, then finally move into the middle to avoid the slashes.
- Pitch Bog: Targets all players, dealing damage, debuffing and dropping a puddle. Stepping into these puddles will spawn a clone, so drop the puddles at the edge of the arena.
Mini Phase 1
By this point players have seen almost all the mechanics of this fight. The next two phases are rapid-fire mechanics being mixed together.
The boss will use Distant Scream to deal raid-wide damage and knockback, while simultaneously using Umbral Orbs. To avoid getting knocked into range for the incorrect orb, line up with your orb and use knockback resistance skills. Soak the orbs and heal.
The boss will use Implosions twice in a row. Dodge the attacks accordingly. The puddles from Pitch Bog will disappear by this point.
- Shackled Apart: DPS players will be tethered to tanks/healers. Players must maintain distance from who they're tethered to, otherwise the tether will explode, causing massive damage and debuffs.
The boss will use Fade to Shadow and Umbral Orbs at the same time. While tethered, players will have to position themselves carefully to avoid the first explosion, then move to the second safe zone, then once the tethers break, move to the appropriate orbs. The timing here is tight, so players should position themselves to be able to move clockwise to the correct orbs.
The boss will follow this up with Deepshadow Nova.
Mini Phase 2
The boss will use Stand-Up, so move away from the boss. It will then cast Pitch Bog. However, the puddles are needed for this phase, so drop the puddles at the cardinals near the boss and in the corners of the arena.
- Giga Slash x4: The boss will summon four shadows and cast Giga Slash consecutively. Dodge to the correct side of the shadows as they spawn, being careful to avoid the puddles.
- Voidgate Amplifier: The boss will summon eight meteor markers, each requiring two players per marker. Players need to step into their Pitch Bog puddles to summon their clones. Players need to position themselves at the edge of the markers facing away, so when the boss uses Shadow Keeper, the clones will teleport behind the players into the markers. The boss will cast Shadowy Eruption, where at the end of the cast, a point-blank AoE under all players, which should be dropped a safe distance away from the clones. If the clones are hit by this and die, the player will also die. Players should then stand in the markers, avoiding the cleave from the clones, and soak the meteors.
- Voidgate/Shackled Together: The boss will summon four more meteor markers, however this time DPS players will be tethered to a tank/healer and must stay close to them. To deal with this, tanks and healers will each stand by a marker and wait for the tethers to connect, then the DPS will move next to their tethered player and soak the meteors. This will be followed by another Umbral Smash, followed by a Distant Scream and Umbral Orbs. Pop knockback resistance again to stay near your orbs.
The boss will then cast Deepshadow Nova three times in a row. If the boss hasn't been defeated by this point, it will enrage and cast another Deepshadow Nova and wipe the party.
|Book of Litany||Other||Basic||1|
|Edenmorn Head Gear Coffer||Other||Basic||1|
|Edenmorn Hand Gear Coffer||Other||Basic||1|
|Edenmorn Foot Gear Coffer||Other||Basic||1|