The Second Coil of Bahamut - Turn 4 (Savage)
- This article is about the level 50 (Savage) version. For the level 50 challenge-mode raid, see The Second Coil of Bahamut - Turn 4. For the second tier in general, see The Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage). For the Ultimate Raid involving Nael Deus Darnus, see The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate).
The Second Coil of Bahamut - Turn 4 (Savage)
- 50 (Sync: 50)
- Item Level
- Party size
- Full Party
8 man • 2 2 4
- Time limit
- 90 minutes
- Duty Finder
- Savage Raids (A Realm Reborn)
- Req. quest
- Sing Me Another Song
- The Holocharts
- The Black Shroud
At a depth of 6,329 yalms, your exhausted yet determined fellowship enters the hulk's operations deck. An impossible scene unfolds before you, the surreal landscape bathed in a crimson glare and holding the promise of epic conflict...
— In-game description
The Second Coil of Bahamut - Turn 4 (Savage) is a level 50 raid introduced in patch 2.3. The raid is also known as T9S.
- Defeat Nael Deus Darnus.
Nael Deus Darnus
The arena is surrounded by a barrier that will instantly kill anyone who touches it. This activates as soon as the boss is pulled. Players will need to be careful to not get knocked into this as the fight progresses. The fight has a 13 minute hard enrage, requiring players to defeat the boss before time runs out or the boss will wipe the party.
- Ravensbeak: Heavy-hitting attack on the main enmity target that debuffs with Raven Blight which explodes and deals high damage in a small AoE after it resolves.
- Raven Dive': Jumps to a player and performs Iron Chariot before jumping back to the main target. Both jumps deal damage.
- Iron Chariot: Performed on a ranged player at random, deals damage and a knockback to anyone close by.
- Ravensclaw: Heavy-hitting frontal cleave.
- Thermionic Beam: A random player is marked, and the boss fires a laser at that player. Stack to mitigate damage.
- Lunar Dynamo: A massive donut AoE that can't be outranged with a safe zone under the boss. Any damage dealt by this attack heals the boss.
- Stardust: A random player is targeted with either a red or yellow marker over their head, and a meteor will drop shortly where they were standing. The meteors will persist where they drop and deal proximity-based damage. If a meteor is placed too close to another, it will explode, wiping the raid. If a player is still standing where the meteor lands, the player will die.
- Meteor Stream: 4 random players are targeted with markers over their heads. Clones will drop on marked players dealing high damage to any players hit as well as in a small AoE.
- Dalamud Dive: Hits the main target upon returning from Meteor Stream, dealing high damage.
Phase 1: 100% - 65%
For the first phase, the boss will simply cycle through attacks. It is recommended Simply burn the boss down to 65% while dropping the meteors around the edge of the arena, keeping the red and yellow meteors close to one another without overlapping each other. Players will commonly drop the red meteors around the inner circle of the arena, near the three circles in the center of the arena, and the yellow meteors behind those past the second ring around the arena. Another common strategy is to drop the meteors around the arena at clock positions for the next phase. Players should also be careful to stand away from the tanks to avoid damage from Raven Blight exploding once it resolves. Attack the boss and burn its HP to 65%, and it will surround itself with a barrier, becoming untargetable.
The boss will drop meteors on 3 players, and summon two sets of three Dalamud Spawn that appear in three different colors: Red Dalamud Spawn:
- Earthen Heart: Deals high damage on all players hit by the AoE and drops a blue puddle on the ground. Players who stand in this puddle will receive a Burns damage-over-time debuff that deals 1000 damage per tick.
- Heavy Strike: Deals heavy damage in an AoE that staggers outward in waves. Players need to not be standing in the AoE by the time the marker fades.
Green Dalamud Spawn:
- Demolish: Deals high raid-wide damage.
- Stone skull: A high-damage tankbuster.
- Boulder Clap: A cleave from the front of the ad's hitbox, deals high damage.
Blue Dalamud Spawn:
- Magnetism: Pulls in any players, ads or comets with in a small radius.
- Earthshock: high raid-wide damage and Paralysis on all players. This attack must be Interrupted.
Players will feed the meteors persisting on the field to the ads by bringing them near the comets. A Dalamud Spawn should only be fed three comets, or it will grow in size and wipe the raid. The red comets give a Damage Up buff, and the yellow comets give Haste. These buffs can stack. If these ads are brought too close to one another, they will tether, one will eat the other and grow large, gaining a massive Damage Up and Vulnerability Down buff, making it impossible to kill and wiping the raid. About a minute after the ads spawn, the phase repeats and needs to be handled the same way. Another minute after this, the boss will begin counting down before it casts Megaflare. This attack will deal high damage to the party and needs to be mitigated. If any comets remain on the field, they will explode and wipe the raid. If two or more golems still remain, they will fuse and wipe the raid. The arena will transform and the boss will leap away from the arena.
Phase 3: 65% - 47%
The boss will use Dalamud Dive immediately on the main tank, so they should move away from the rest of the party. Once the boss drops, it will then cast Heavensfall, dropping a massive pillar into the center of the arena, dealing proximity damage. The pillar will kill players if they touch it. The pillar will slowly sink into the ground, firing conal AoEs outwards that reach the edge of the arena. Once the pillar is gone, the AoEs will stop. If a player is hit by the pillar crashing into the ground, they will die. The boss will cast Heavensfall periodically, changing the patterns of the AoEs that fire. The boss doesn't use either Ravensbeak or Ravensclaw anymore, so players don't need to worry about overlapping damage or cleaving. However, the boss will gain some new abilities instead:
- Bahamut's Claw: Hits multiple times on the main target, dealing heavy damage.
- Garrote Twist: The boss fires a debuff at a random player that applies a stacking Garrote that will kill the player if the stack reaches 9.
- Supernova: The boss fires this attack at two random players without any indicator. These will drop two large AoEs under where they were standing. These will deal small damage, however they will persist. Stepping into these will deal significant damage and inflict a Heavy debuff. The boss fires these during the second Heavensfall.
The boss will also summon a Ghost of Meracydia after each Heavensfall. The ad has abilities as well:
- Fire Breath: Drops fire puddles under a random player target. The puddles persist for a while and inflict Burns, dealing massive damage per tick.
- Tail Whip: A high-damage, single target attack.
- Binding Chain: at 50%, the ad will target two random players and tether to them and quickly adds stacks of Garrote, requiring players to kill the ad to break the chains.
When the ad dies it will also drop an AoE that will kill players caught in it. It will also drop three small lights on the arena that will dispel the Garrote debuff. After the Heavensfall attacks finish, the off tank will grab the Ghost of Meracydia and pull it near the other boss to allow for efficient AoE damage to burn down the ad while also attacking the boss. A common strategy is to wait until after the second Heavensfall completes, then using a caster Limit Break level 3 to push the boss's HP to close to 47% and kill the second ghost ad. The phase will continue with the boss rotating through attacks until reaching the final phase.
Phase 4: 47% - 0%
The boss will cast Bahamut's Favor, buffing the boss with a stacking Damage Up buff which will periodically be cast and add another stack throughout the phase. The boss will also summon three dragons around the edge of the arena, one of fire, ice and lightning. Each dragon will periodically fire an attack at players which will apply a debuff:
- Chain Lightning: A random player is targeted and is dealt a small amount of damage and debuffs with Thunderstruck. When this debuff resolves, it deals heavy damage to the player inflicted, as well as players close by in an AoE, and debuffs with Paralysis on anyone other than the originally debuffed player. This attack always fires Fireball.
- Fireball: A random player is targeted and an AoE drops on them, and debuffs the player with Scorched, which makes the next Fireball hit extremely hard. However, each player will be cycled through before hitting the same character again. The only way to remove this debuff is to be hit by Iceball.
- Iceball: A random player is targeted and an AoE drops on them, and debuffs the player with Frostbitten, which makes the next Iceball hit extremely hard. However, each player will be cycled through before hitting the same character again. The only way to remove this debuff is to be hit by Fireball.
The boss will also do a much stronger version of Bahamut's Claw that deals significantly more damage. It will require a cooldown or a tankswap to survive. The boss will start by casting Bahamut's Claw, as the first Fireball tether comes out. Players can decide if they want to stand in or out of this, then the boss will use Ravensdive on a random ranged player and back to the main tank. At this time, Thunderstruck will also fire at this time, debuffing a player with the debuff. The boss will then follow up with Lunar Dynamo around the same time the debuffed player's Thunderstruck debuff explodes in its AoE. To handle this, the debuffed player will need to stand on one edge of the safe zone while the party stacks on the other. Nael Deus Darnus will start a new combo with Iron Chariot, while another Fireball tether will come out. A player will be targeted by another Thunderstruck and the boss will target a player with Thermionic Beam. The Thunderstruck player should not stack to mitigate this attack. The boss will follow up by casting Supernova three times on three random players. The party will have to spread out to bait the Supernovas, then move in to stack for Thermionic Beam. Finally, another Fireball will come out at this time. The boss will use another Bahamut's Claw. The dragons at the edge of the arena will then use Divebomb, where dragons will target a player and drop on them in an AoE. Two dragons will drop first, then the last dragon will drop shortly after. The order they drop in depends on where they spawn around the arena with Bahamut's Favor. The first two dragons will drop here, the boss will cast Meteor Stream, then the final dragon will use Divebomb, then the boss will cast another Meteor Stream before following up with Dalamud Dive on the main tank, which requires mitigation to survive. The boss will cycle through these combos and abilities while the dragons fire their attacks at players. The recommendation is to have players stack inside the Fireball on rotation, in and out to help mitigate the Iceball. The boss will continue these rotations until 13 minutes has passed (or three rotations) and the boss enrages, slow-casting Megaflare. The boss needs to be defeated before then or the party will wipe.
- See also: High Allagan Weapons
Nael Deus Darnus
Treasure Coffer 1
|High Allagan Aetherstone - Weaponry||Crafting material||Basic||1|
|High Allagan Aetherstone - Body Gear||Crafting material||Basic||1|
|High Allagan Chest Gear Coffer (IL 110)||Other||Basic||1|
|Faded Copy of Rise of the White Raven||Orchestrion Roll||Basic||1|
Treasure Coffer 2
|Paladin's High Allagan Arms (IL 115)||Other||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Battleaxe||Marauder's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Guillotine||Dark Knight's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Spear||Lancer's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Baghnakhs||Pugilist's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Cleavers||Rogue's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Composite Bow||Archer's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Pistol||Machinist's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Staff||Two-handed Thaumaturge's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Grimoire of Casting||Arcanist's Grimoire||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Crook||Two-handed Conjurer's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Grimoire of Healing||Scholar's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Star Globe||Astrologian's Arm||Tomestone||1|
|High Allagan Weapon Coffer (IL 115)||Other||Basic||1|
This duty is associated with the following achievements:
|Scent of a Woman||10||Defeat Nael deus Darnus within the fourth turn of the Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage).||Domitor (Male) / Domitrix (Female)||2.3|