Eden's Promise: Umbra (Savage)
Eden's Promise: Umbra (Savage)
Following your adventures in the Empty, a crystal has been found that bears distorted memories of your recent encounters. As if facing such nightmarish foes once was not enough, you now have the opportunity to experience these struggles anew, though far more perilous than you remember...
— In-game description
Note: The battle takes place upon a large platform. Any player who jumps over the edge will fall to an early doom, though they may be raised by a healer after a moderate delay.
Before the fight, it is a good idea to set markers and assign positions for players. The most common positioning is tanks at the north and south, healers to the east and west, and DPS at the intercardinals. Once positioning has been decided, DPS players will decide on a partner for a stack up mechanic later in the fight. Finally, assign two groups consisting of a tank, a healer, and two DPS for another mechanic.
The first phase of the fight is simply to show some of the mechanics that will repeat and evolve over the course of the fight.
- Ground-Razing Particle Beam: An unavoidable room-wide AOE. Mitigate and heal through.
- Art of Darkness: This attack has two variations, and you can tell which one the boss is using based on whether her tentacles are glowing or not.
- Glowing tentacles: Each DPS will be targeted for a line AOE and must join their partner to mitigate the damage.
- Non-glowing tentacles: Each player will be targeted for a line AOE. To avoid overlap, players should move to their assigned locations around the boss.
- Which version of this attack she uses is random, so be sure to watch the boss closely.
- Devouring Dark/Zero-Form Particle Beam: The main target will be hit and given a Magic Vulnerability Up debuff, and then with the tank buster Zero-Form Particle Beam. Tanks can either swap during the cast of Devouring Dark and use cooldowns to mitigate damage from Zero-Form, or just use an invulnerability skill to get through the attack. Either way, other players should get away from the tank to avoid getting clipped by the attack.
After these attacks, the boss will move to the middle of the room and use Obscure Woods. This causes room-wide damage and needs to be healed through/mitigated and changes the platform for the second phase.
This phase consists of tether mechanics and expands on the Art of Darkness attack from the first phase.
- Flood of Obscurity: Room-wide damage with knockback and marks the floor under players with a puddle that will cause high damage. Players should use their knockback resistance and stack the puddles at the intercardinals near the boss. This will help create a safe zone for a mechanic coming up.
- Rejuvenating Balm: The boss will tether to two roots on opposite sides of the room that will cause massive AOEs on the sides of the platform. Moving to the opposite cardinal edges of the platform will let you avoid these AOEs. At the same time, players will be
- The battle takes place upon a large platform. Any player who jumps over the edge will fall to an early doom, though they may be raised by a healer after a moderate delay.
tethered to seeds in the puddles, and DPS players will be tethered to a tank or a healer. These tethers will eventually pull players into the puddles and deal massive damage. The strategy to break the tethers is to have the tanks and healers run to one safe zone and the DPS to the other. Once the AOE from Rejuvenating Balm resolves, players will run to the opposite side of the arena to break the tethers.
- The boss will then tether to a side of the room and will perform one of two attacks:
- Anti-Air Phaser Unlimited: The attack consists of a point-blank AOE around the boss, a large circle AOE buster on both tanks, a split AOE on both healers, and a wide conal AOE from the boss. To avoid taking damage, players will want to split into their assigned parties of four and move to either side of the boss, with the tanks moving to the edge of the arena away from their group. The point-blank AOE will go off, then the tank AOE, followed by the split for the healers with DPS to help mitigate the damage. The tanks should move back to the party quickly to avoid the conal AOE coming afterwards.
- 'Wide-Angle Phaser' Unlimited: This attack is similar to Anti-Air Phaser however the order is reversed, and the tank buster is a line instead of a circle AOE. The boss will start with a large conal AOE, the tank line buster, the split attack on the healers, and finally the point-blank AOE.
- It is random which phaser the boss will use, so pay attention to the cast bar. After the attack, the boss should be pulled back into the center of the room.
- The boss will then perform another room wide AOE and begin casting Second Art of Darkness.
- Second Art of Darkness: One of the boss’s tentacles will start glowing, indicating that the attack is coming out on the left or right, followed by either the stacking or splitting mechanics from the first Art of Darkness. Pay attention to which side the attack is coming out on, move to the opposite side, then move into assigned positions, as it’s easier to adjust to partner stacks if needed.
- The boss will now use the opposite phaser attack from what was used earlier. This will lead to another Devouring Dark/Zero-Form Particle Beam, then the boss will cast Empty Plane.
- Empty Plane: Room wide AOE dealing high damage, changes the platform, and marks panels on the floor for destruction.
This phase requires parties to be well-coordinated in order to dodge attacks and move around each other, as players overlapping on a tile will cause instant death.
- Flood of Emptiness: Destroys the marked platforms and turns the center tile under the boss into a death-zone, as well as inflicts players with Curse of Darkness and Cloying Condensation.
- Curse of Darkness: After the duration of the debuff, players fire a line AOE from their front. Aim away from players to avoid damage.
- Cloying Condensation: Players can only occupy a tile on the floor for a certain amount of time before collapsing. If the tile is yellow, it is safe to continue standing on. If the tile turns red, players should move to an empty tile and back to reset the timer. If two players occupy the same tile, however, the tile will immediately collapse.
- Hypercharged Condensation: The boss summons four Hypercharged Clouds at the cardinals of the platform that slowly move towards the boss. Each one that reaches the boss give her a damage up buff. Standing in front of the clouds inflicts them with Heavy, slowing them down significantly.
- Full Perimeter Particle Beam: A large donut AOE. Stand on the edge of the bosses hitbox without entering the space underneath her to avoid.
- The boss will then use Second Art of Darkness, attacking half the stage (half of the panels in the middle column will be safe), then requiring players to either stack or spread out.
- Deluge of Darkness: Unavoidable room wide AOE, mitigate/heal through. The arena will then return to normal.
The movement for this phase requires extreme coordination. If players pass over a tile at the same time, both will fall to their death. If you arranged your party as mentioned above, have your healers move to the outer tile on the east and west, their respective DPS partners move to the tile in front of them, and the DPS that are partnered with the tanks to the north and south outer tiles. This will give you two people per cloud to slow them down and enough firepower to destroy them before they reach the boss. Once the Full Perimeter Particle Beam is ready to go off, players can move clockwise one tile to let the healers and DPS on the outer tiles in to get closer to the center, then move back once the attack has resolved. For Second Art of Darkness, having the tanks move one space to the left or the right allows the DPS on the inner tile of the marked side to move to one space previously occupied by the tank, and the healer to move to the other. Send healers to the north inner tile and DPS to the south, so there aren’t any overlapping players. Stand on the half of the tile that isn’t being attacked, then have the healers move back to their square first, followed by the DPS. Before the tanks move back, let the DPS on the outer tiles move quickly in and out to reset their timers. For the second half of Art of Darkness, if players must stack, they should stand close to each other in their respective tiles without crossing over, and to split, players should simply rotate clockwise one tile again to let the players on the outside in. After this, players will return to their assigned location and wait for Deluge of Darkness and the arena to return to normal to signal the end of the phase.
Summon: the boss will summon two clones, one to a corner of the stage, and one to an edge of the platform next to the other clone. The boss will proceed to use Art of Darkness on either the left or right, which the clones will copy. This creates a small safe wedge on the stage. There is no indicator for these attacks, so looking to see where the clones are in relation to the boss is key. The boss will use Devouring Dark after this, so mitigate or tank swap to avoid.
Third Art of Darkness: This is simply a repeat of Art of Darkness mechanics in rapid succession. While the side she attacks is random, the boss will always use Art of Darkness in the following order:
- Left or right-side attack.
- Stack or split mechanic.
- The opposite side to the first attack.
Mini Phase 1
This phase is almost the same as phase two, with the addition of a Meteor mechanic.
The boss will cast Obscure Woods, dealing damage and changing the arena, followed by Flood of Obscurity, causing knockback and dropping seed puddles. Pop knockback and place puddles around the intercardinals of the boss like last time. This time, however, the boss will also cast Particle Concentration, spawning eight Meteor markers that require a player to stand in each one or the meteors will explode, causing massive raid-wide damage and a debuff.
Players must break their tethers, then stand in the meteor markers until they resolve, then heal.
The boss will then use either Anti- Air Phaser or Wide-Angle Phaser, so dodge accordingly and move the boss back to the center of the room. The boss will use Ground-Razing Particle Beam and cast Rejuvenating Balm again, this time mixing in Second Art of Darkness. Players must identify the safe side to stand on to avoid both attacks, then either stack or split as before for the second half of the attack. The timing is tight for this part, so move quickly. Finally, the boss will use Devouring Dark again and move into the final phase of the fight.
Mini Phase 2
The final phase is a repeat of phase three, except that it lasts slightly longer. If you haven’t defeated the boss by this point, the boss will enrage and use Deluge of Darkness to wipe the party.
|Book of Umbra||Other||Basic||1|
|Edenmorn Waist Gear Coffer||Other||Basic||1|
|Edenmorn Earring Coffer||Other||Basic||1|
|Edenmorn Necklace Coffer||Other||Basic||1|
|Edenmorn Bracelet Coffer||Other||Basic||1|
|Edenmorn Ring Coffer||Other||Basic||1|