- 60 (Sync: 60)
- Party size
24man • 3 6 15
- Time limit
- Alliance Raid
- Req. quest
- Where Shadows Reign
Dun Scaith is a level 60 raid introduced in patch 3.5 with Heavensward.“
The ancient tome recovered by Captain Radlia of the Talons tells of a floating refuge─an island created by Mhachi sorcerers to provide safe haven from calamitous floodwaters. With the disaster that befell the Void Ark, however, the island's intended residents never arrived. Cait Sith is convinced that Diabolos has instead claimed this refuge as his own, transforming what was to be a bastion of hope into a voidsent nest of shadowy nightmare. And it is into this fiendish lair that you must delve.
The Lady Radlia stands ready to bear you across the skies. Assault the island, reclaim the Nullstone, and cast your demonic foes into oblivion!
— In-game description
Dun Scaith is a level 60 raid released in patch 3.5. It is the third and final 24-player raid of the Heavensward expansion. Dun Scaith requires players to have an average item level of 235 or higher. The raid composition is 3 tanks, 6 healers and 15 DPS (1:2:5 ratio).
- 1 General Information
- 2 Unlock
- 3 Bosses
- 4 Loot
- 5 Images
- 6 Lore
- 7 Video Guides
- Quest: Where Shadows Reign
- Quest-giver Location: Stacia - The Sea of Clouds (X:6.2 Y:5.8)
- Prerequisite Quest: Freedom for Our Skies
- Void Doom: Red/Black AOE in center will pull you in, keep running away from it, as it will try to pull you in again a second time, then explode for massive damage.
- Doom: randomly cast on 2 people, must be cleansed by healers.
- Bolt of Darkness: Perpendicular AoE, deals damage and applies Bleeding to players affected.
- Void Aero II: Random players will be marked with a green icon over head and will drop a tornado after the boss finishes the cast. Drop these away from others and towards edges of ship.
- Void Blizzard II: Big cone AoE with safe cone spots.
- Void Aero III: Green AoE in center will explode and push you away, dealing proximity-based damage. Either stay in the center to avoid the knockback (big damage), or run to the walls that block the boss area. Please note that after a certain point in the battle, the boss will fly to a section of the room and cast Bolt of Darkness.
- Void Blizzard IV: Two AoEs will appear, dealing proximity-based damage and dropping ice crystals in the center of the area. After they fall, the boss will cast Void Aero IV.
- Void Aero IV: Boss will appear in one side of the arena and push players. Line with a crystal dropped from Void Blizzard IV to avoid falling off.
- As the battle progresses, gray squares will appear on the floor. Those will deal damage to anyone standing on them when the boss casts Void Death IV.
- Void Death IV: Instantly kills any player standing on a gray square.
- Throughout the fight, Ferdiad will mark 3 players with red markers and throw Abyssal Scythes on them. The scythes will stay on the ground, dealing damage to anyone close to them.
- Also throughout the fight, Ferdiad will summon Atmos, and tether to one or two of them and cast Wormhole.
- Wormhole: Shoots a ball in a straight line into the tethered Atmos. The tethered ones disappear after the cast, transferring their balls to a same-colored Atmos.
- Yellow Atmos transfers ball to another yellow Atmos, and blue Atmos transfers ball to another blue Atmos; the ball color will not change.
- The yellow ball explodes in a room-wide donut-AoE (safe zone near it), and the blue ball explodes in a big AoE (no safe zone).
- Jester's Reap: Big cone AoE in front of the boss.
- Jongleur's X: Tankbuster.
- Blackblot: Marks a target. Others should stack on the targeted player to share damage.
- Blackfire: AoEs will cover the arena. Those become gradually bigger as the cast progresses.
- Debilitator: Reduces all players' weakness to fire or water, and spawns various puddles on the floor. Stepping on a puddle changes its element (blue = water, red = fire). The boss will cast Flameflow after a while.
- Players should change puddles' element to the one contrary to their weakness - if you have fire weakness, change puddles to blue (water).
- Flameflow: Deals damage to all players. Damage can be reduced by avoiding puddles of the same element of the group weakness.
- At around 60% health, the boss will go to the middle of the room and become untargetable, spawning Atmos around him which mobs will shot from them.
- Anyone in front of the Atmos will take damage and a stack of vulnerability.
- From time to time, the boss will cover a half of the arena with a long-cast AoE. It will kill any players standing on that side when the cast finishes.
- The adds will either cast:
- Lucky Pierrot: Atmos will spawn around the edges of the room, and adds will dash to them, dealing damage to anyone on the way. The adds will reappear from the Atmos in the center, dealing damage to players nearby.
- Icafall: Small AoEs.
- After the adds are killed, the boss will deal damage to all players.
- When wings(?) get really big be in front or behind THEM, boss direction doesn't matter
- When she ports she will do large aoe a few seconds later
- When message about shadows on the ground pops up, stop all movement, otherwise little arms grab you and do a good amount of damage
- Occasionally she will turn toward party and do line aoe, sidestep it
- Move adds away and kill, if they get too close they tether and buff her
- Shadow Limb (giant hands) link to a player when spawned and will be pulled toward that player, killing the player if they reach the player. The tethered player can face the Shadow Limb to make it stand still. The Limbs must be DPSed, and can switch tethers to a different player.
- At 50%, Scathach will enter a cocoon and spawn adds, including a Chimera with the typical Chimera moveset.
- These adds must be killed, or she will wipe upon emerging from the cocoon.
Phase 1: Diabolos
- Nightmare - Look away from Diabolos, inflicts sleep
- Ultimate Terror - Donut AoE - Stand close or very far away
- Ruinous Omen - Raidwide AoE
- Night Terror - Stack marker on random player, stack to share damage
Kill Deathgates when they spawn to avoid adds
Phase 2: Intermission / Lifegate
Kill Lifegate 4 times. Kill Deathgates when they spawn to avoid adds
Phase 3: Diabolos Hollow
Diabolos starts with 100% crit and a large shield. Watch main tank's hp until shield breaks. Hollow Camisado will one-shot low geared tanks without cooldowns. Kill Deathgates and assign people to do Diabolic Gate (Usually Alliance A for Adds).
- Diabolos Casts
- Hollow Camisado - Heavy Tankbuster, does around 25k damage
- Shadethrust - Line AoE in front of Diabolos, dodge to the sides or back
- Hollow Nightmare - Upgraded version of Nightmare. Look away from Diabolos, inflicts doom
- Hollow Terror - Upgraded version of Night Terror. Stand at melee range or far away
- Hollow Omen - Raidwide AoE
- Blindside - Stack marker on tank
- Earthshaker - Marks 3 players for line AoE damage, stand away from each other. Does around 14k damage.
- Other Mechanics
- Nox - Chases 2 players with big AoEs. Run away from the party
- Hollow Night - Stack marker & Gaze, look away from the player
- Particle Beam - Stand in the towers to soak damage. Middle tower requires more players to soak.
- Diabolic Gate - Go in and kill the add. Wipes the party if you fail.
- Critical Gravity - Soak red orbs at the edges to avoid splashing the party, does 8000 damage.
Deathgaze Hollow Loot
Ferdiad Hollow Loot
The ancient tome recovered by Captain Radlia of the Talons tells of a floating refuge─an island created by Mhachi sorcerers to provide safe haven from calamitous floodwaters. With the disaster that befell the Void Ark, however, the island's intended residents never arrived. Cait Sith is convinced that Diabolos has instead claimed this refuge as his own, transforming what was to be a bastion of hope into a voidsent nest of shadowy nightmare.