- This article is about the level 50 challenge-mode trial. For the story-mode Main Scenario trial, see Thornmarch (Hard).
Kuplo Kopp's attempt to chastise the Mogglesguard for their dangerous and foolhardy actions has not had the intended effect. Reminded of how deadly the Twelveswood has become, the royal guards have instead channeled their fear and desperation into calling forth an even more potent potentate. The Good King Moggle Mog XII now styles himself the Great King Moggle Mog XII, and all the evildoers in the forest shall tremble before his majestic wrath!
— In-game description
King of Moogles: Good King Moggle Mog XII
Whiskerwall Kupdi Koop (PLD): Has 3 different basic single target attacks, one of the attacks will steal a small amount of HP. Mark the moogle with an "X".
WoolyWart Kuqpu Kogi (RNG): Has no aggro table and will not move unless he is starting a combo attack. He uses a basic attack, "Moogle Eye Shot" which will fire 3, 4, or 5 attacks at a target marked with a multi-colored reticle. Mark him with a "5".
Pukla Puki the Pomburner (BLM): Has no aggro table, don't try to control or tank him. He only uses 1 ability “Pom Flare” which is interrupted by attacking him 5 times. Failure to interrupt this means you will wipe. Mark him with a "4".
Pukna Pako the Tailturner (THF): Has no aggro table. Will randomly jolt around the map stabbing people. This can become a one-shot mechanic if you let him get too many buffs. Mark him with a "1".
Ruffletuft Kupta Kapa (WAR): Has 2 basic single target attacks. Mark him with the "O".
Puksi Piko the Shaggysong (BRD): Has an attack bonus song to other moogles and a damage song that does AoE around her. Somewhat responsive to hate. Mark with "2".
The PLD and WAR will use overpower, creating 2 orange thin-cone markings on the ground. Move out of it.
The ranger will be a cue for many attacks. When he moves, something is going on. If you see him say anything in the chat bubble over his head that includes the word "Delta" then they are about to use a move called "Delta". This creates a giant triangle floor attack that will do about 4,000 damage to non-tanks. Just stay out of the middle of the arena during the fight and you'll be okay.
If the ranger runs off saying "aye, aye" then they are about to do a holmgang looking attack COMBO with a poison pool and rain of death. The rain of death will hit targets marked with a yellow reticle. The holmgang chains can be broken by using esuna or leeches on the affected players. The debuff for this icon looks like a little mog face on a black background. Always free the healers first, then the DPS, then the tanks. If you have a Black Mage or Summoner, backup heal the tank til they are free. (Note: If you are marked for rain of death, the closer you are to the RNG, the less damage you will take, just be careful not to get too close to anyone because the damage will splash.) The 3 players closest to the PLD during this attack will be holmganged. The 3 furthest away will be targeted for rain of death.
The RNG will combo with a TANK AGGRO TABLE RESET. When this happens 3 players will be marked for rain of death. To counter this, run towards the RNG as fast as you can. Tanks MUST be ready to re-claim their aggro target IMMEDIATELY or you will probably lose a healer and proceed to wipe. The tank reset animation looks like a bunch of stars exploding from the ground.
Probably the "hardest" part of this fight comes the combo from the WHM and WAR. The arena floor will turn an awkward purple-ish color and the WHM will start to cast holy. Stop this the exact way you stop flare, attack it 5 times. At the same time, two people at random will be marked with a debuff which is red in color and looks exactly like the debuff the tanks will have basically all fight, except flipped to point up. The healers must ensuna/leech this off immediately (you have about 4 seconds) before Moogle-Go-Round happens. Failure to do so will kill the player with the debuff.
Sometimes the BLM will get bored and cast 2 sets of meteors which are small circles on the ground, run out of them. One happens, then the other about 2 seconds later. There isn't much of a grace period, but getting hit by 1 will not kill you, 2 might/probably will.
DPS the boss by 10%, he doesn't do anything major here but you will see all of his attacks. A "laser charging" attack that is easily avoidable. A single target attack. A small AoE attack. 2 conal attacks, one of the attacks will deplete your mana and the other one will deplete your TP. Those last 2 are the reason why you must keep the king away from all other players at all times.
He summons his minions, all the attacks are the same as listed above. The mini-mogs do NOT have access to the holmgang/rain combo or the holy/mog-go-round or the hate reset combos in this phase. Bring all of the mini-mogs down to about 10%, always focusing the BLM (#4) last. If you have to interrupt him, you don't want to kill it while doing that. When they are all around 10%, have your physical DPS kill #1 while the mages kill #5 (or any other 2, just pick your 2 favorite/least favorite). The mechanic here is that the king will use his own HP to revive and heal all the mini-mogs two times. So you basically have 2 tries to bring the king down low enough for the final phase.
Same thing, dps everything down to 10%, watch out for the new attacks. The King will get angry and cast an arena wide meteor that will probably kill anyone with weakness debuff on or people who are not topped off. To survive this, once a mini-mog dies, run to the center of the arena, drop a SCH bubble, use succor, and hope no one dies.
DPS everything to 10% or lower if you are good enough at controlling your DPS. At this point, assign the physical DPS to kill "X" and "O" with the tanks, while the mages kill "5" and work their way down the numbers. This way everything dies quickly and the attacks aren't wasted on targets that are going to die before a cast goes off. When the last mini-mog is about to die, have a melee DPS use the level 3 limit break while everyone burns the boss. If he finishes his Momento cast, you lose. Paladins should switch to Sword Oath and the healers should bust out the Cleric Stance, use cooldowns. You must kill all the mini-mogs AND the king before Momento finishes.
- Note: You do not have to DPS them evenly, and there really is no specific order in which to DPS them. It is worth noting that you should probably save the BLM, WHM. PLD, and WAR for last, especially in the last 2 phases, as you do not want to kill them while interrupting flare/holy, or trying to regain aggro on a hate reset.
Tips and Tricks
- Have your tanks pick which of the PLD/WAR mog they are going to hold onto. If one of your tanks wants to tank the WAR then have the other tank in your group focus target the WAR, when the WAR gets 3 stacks it is time to swap, same thing for the other tank, he will focus target the PLD, when it get 3 stacks it is time to switch. The stacks are buffs given out by the king when he wiggles his butt. It is important to make sure the stacks fall off before switching. Tanks will Provoke The King when the opposing tanks add receives 3 stacks.
- Use voice chat. Dedicate one player (usually a ranged DPS) to be the shot caller. This player stands by "5" (the RNG) all fight and calls out delta, holmgang, and other activities. Also notices when one mini-mog needs to be focused. This player should also get used to saying "4" or "BlackMage" a lot, to cue the other players in on interrupting flare. When the WHM starts to cast holy. It isn't necessary but it helps, a lot. Especially the healers who might have to run into the middle of the arena once in a while to save someone.
- If you get marked for moogle-go-round, run to the middle of the arena so the healers will be in range of you. Nothing is more annoying to healers than having to try and ensuna/leeches someone who isn't in range. It is probably best to have both healers sort their party list to be the same, have one start from the top and one from the bottom of the list to make sure they are not trying to remove the same debuff.
- If you are a tank please keep to the outside of the arena. You should never get close to the other mini-mogs and especially never get close to the other tank's add. Be vocal about your movement. Sometimes the king will get a buff off on a small mog, just do everything you can to never buff #5 (RNG) or #1 (THF). They get really strong, very fast. Do not cross over the middle and never cross paths.
- Good King Moggle Mog XII Card (Drops at a fixed rate.)
|Ribbon of Fending||Necklace||Tomestone||1|
|Ribbon of Slaying||Necklace||Tomestone||1|
|Ribbon of Aiming||Necklace||Tomestone||1|
|Ribbon of Casting||Necklace||Tomestone||1|
|Ribbon of Healing||Necklace||Tomestone||1|
|Kingly Whisker||Crafting material||Basic||1|
|Faded Copy of Good King Moggle Mog XII||Orchestrion Roll||Basic||1|