The Wreath of Snakes
- See also: The Wreath of Snakes (Extreme)
The Wreath of Snakes
Having quelled the raging aramitama of the fearsome Byakko and the fiery Suzaku, the time has come for you and yours to confront the fourth member of this legendary band of heroes: Seiryu. Have no doubt that his trial will prove every bit as challenging as his comrades', for not only must you contend with the auspice himself, but his host of minions as well...
— In-game description
- Quest: Surpassing the Samurai
- Requirement: Disciple of War or Magic level 70
- Starting NPC: Bunchin in The Ruby Sea (X:27.8 Y:16.4)
- Prerequisite quest: Players must first complete the Chronicles of a New Era quest The Fire-bird Down Below
- Fifth Element - Group AoE
- Infirm Soul - Tank buster
- Serpent Descending - Circle AoE marker on 4 players
- Onmyo Signal - Teleports and creates a symbol which determines the effect:
- Yin-yang Symbol: Run away; creates a point-blank AoE
- Serpent Ring Symbol: Get close; creates large aoe with safezone around him
- Kuji-kiri - Covers the ground in a grid of line AoEs, stand in between to avoid them
- Forbidden Arts - Line stack marker that fires twice!
- Summon Shiki - Can summon any of the following:
- Iwa-no-Shiki (fire beast): Two appear and jump to the edge. They each use 10-Tonze Swing (AoE centered on themselves), followed by Kanabo (tether on one party member which turns into a line AoE). Tethered players should move to edges so the party doesn't need to dodge.
- Red Wheels + Blue Wheel: Red Wheels each tether to a player, then charge through them in a line. Blue Wheel creates a stack line marker on one player.
- Ten-no-Shiki (flying creatures): Create wide line aoes across the arena
- (Phase 1 Only) Numa-no-shiki and Doro-no-shiki: Head creatures that explode when killed. Summoned in 2 waves of 1 large head and 3 small heads each. Try to space apart kills so healers have time to heal between explosions. Must be killed before Seiryu's mana bar fills or the party will wipe.
- (Phase 2 Only) Blue Orochi (horde of snakes): Summoned twice in a row. Rush across the platform, dealing damage and pushing everyone about halfway across. Second set is usually accompanied by Forbidden Arts.
- (Phase 2 Only) Yama-No-Shiki (giant water guy): Slams a fist on the platform, dealing heavy damage to that half of the platform. Telegraphed by which arm he raises. After two fist slams, he will slam the center, which knocks everyone back.
- Strength of Spirit - (Phase 1 Only) Knockback + heavy damage and stun. Transitions fight to Phase 2. Damage is based on how much mana meter filled during Numa-no-shiki and Doro-no-shiki add phase. At 100%, this results in a wipe.
- Serpent Ascending - (Phase 2 Only) Creates circles that players must stand in, or they explode dealing damage and Damage Down stacks to the group.
Phase 1: Fight is on a regular platform. Phase shift signaled by Strength of Spirit after the Numa-no-shiki and Doro-no-shiki adds are killed.
Phase 2: Fight is on an island. Falling in the water stuns the player and deals damage over time.