For Want of a Memory
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For Want of a Memory
- Required items
- 1 Soulscourge
20 Tortured Memory of the Dying
20 Sorrowful Memory of the Dying
20 Harrowing Memory of the Dying
- Previous quest
- A Sober Proposal
- Next quest
- The Will to Resist
Zlatan is ready to test the power of memories.
— In-game description
Depending on job:
- 1 Augmented Honorbound
- 1 Augmented Tenacity
- 1 Augmented Skullrender
- 1 Augmented Woeborn
- 1 Augmented Crownsblade
- 1 Augmented Dreizack
- 1 Augmented Samsara
- 1 Augmented Hoshikiri
- 1 Augmented Honeshirazu
- 1 Augmented Brilliance
- 1 Augmented Lawman
- 1 Augmented Enchufla
- 1 Augmented Soulscourge
- 1 Augmented Espiritus
- 1 Augmented Talekeeper
- 1 Augmented Ingrimm
- 1 Augmented Akademos
- 1 Augmented Solstice
- Main article: Augmented Resistance Weapons/Quest
- 20 Tortured Memory of the Dying => Coerthas Western Highlands & Sea of Clouds or Southern Entrenchment skirmishes
- 20 Sorrowful Memory of the Dying => Dravanian Forelands & The Churning Mists or Old Bozja skirmishes
- 20 Harrowing Memory of the Dying => Dravanian Hinterlands & Azys Lla or The Alermuc Climb skirmishes
- With your Resistance Weapon in your inventory, deliver the memories of the dying to Zlatan at Gangos.
- Zlatan is ready to test the power of memories.
- You consult Zlatan about the types of memories that would be ideal for strengthening your weapon's inscription. Considering the blades of Gunnhildr were originally forged in Bozja, he believes memories of battle from the southern front are a matter of course. Then, to add a personal touch, he suggests memories of battle from a memorable location from your past would be ideal. As for how many memories, he believes the task at hand calls for three varieties of memory, and twenty of each.
- ※You may not proceed with a class or job that is different from when you accepted this quest.
- ※Memories of the dying can be obtained in the field fighting at the southern front, or from specific FATEs in the following locations:
- With the requisite memories in hand, you return to Gangos and hand them over to Gerolt, who wastes no time setting to work filling the encampment with the clangor of his hammer. The ringing soon halts, and he presents you with a newly forged weapon. As you take it into hand, the newfound power surging through it is unmistakable. Zlatan can only look on in wonder at Gerolt's work, but their revelry comes to an end when Rowena appears. She explains that the idea to use memories to enhance the Resistance weapons was hers. What's more, one of the materials needed to accomplish this─a rather expensive one, she claims─was purchased from her stores on the behalf of the Resistance. It remains to be seen what she will ask for in return for her wares, but for now you take satisfaction in knowing you are better armed for the fight against the Empire.