Its name meaning "platinum" in the ancient Hingan tongue, Shirogane is a new residential district established by the bugyo of Kugane especially for foreigners.
Ever since Kugane opened its arms to the world, the number of visitors has continued to grow. Among those who come, many remain for extended periods, and the Ijin District is no longer sufficient to meet demand. Thus, Shirogane was created in order to address the accommodation shortage.
— In-game description
When entering Shirogane prior to completing certain main scenario quests, players will be unable to leave via gate entrances. In such cases, we ask players please use Teleport or Return to leave the area.
- Quest: I Dream of Shirogane
- Requirement: Disciple of War or Magic level 61
- Starting NPC: Tsurubami
- Starting NPC location: Kugane (X:12.0 Y:9.9)
- Pre-requisite Main Scenario Quest ???
Purchasing a House
Kobai Goten Apartments
- See also: Apartments
Once the requirements below have been met, speak with the apartment caretaker. Each character may purchase one apartment. Players who already own a free company or individual estate hall, or private chambers are still allowed to purchase an apartment. An apartment building may contain a maximum of ninety apartments.
- Players who already own an apartment must vacate before purchasing another.
- Must be level 50 with any class or job.
- Must have the rank of second lieutenant in the Maelstrom, the Order of the Twin Adder, or the Immortal Flames.
- Must have completed the main scenario quest Not without Incident.
Apartment Pricing - 500,000 gil
The new residential area you've all been waiting for is finally here! Shirogane is an island belonging to the Far Eastern nation of Hingashi that will be opened up to adventurers who frequent the port of Kugane. Those with a fondness for Far Eastern aesthetics are sure to find it the perfect place to call home.