- Quest: A New Fishing Ex-spear-ience
- Requirement: Fisher level 61
- Quest Starting Location: The Ruby Sea (X:28.9 Y:15.9)
- Quest Starting NPC: Sumitsubo
- Pre-requisite Quests: main scenario quest "???", Sidequest Way of the Fisher
How to Spearfish
2. Target the teeming waters.
3. After targeting the teeming waters, wait for bubbles appear.
4. When bubbles appear, a sea creature will approach, and you can use your gig to spear it.
5. Successfully speared fish are added to your inventory.
6. In the event you fail to spear anything, you may try again so long as the teeming waters have not been fully depleted.
7. Replacing the head of your gig will allow you to spear a larger variety of fish.
You can quit spearfishing at any time by hitting the escape key, the cancel button, or using the cancel action. Similar to fishing, all fish you spear are recorded in your Fishing Log, Fish Guide, and your Records.
- When certain conditions are met, swimming shadows will appear in teeming waters.
There are three types of gig heads, each of which will allow you to spear different kinds of fish. Players can swap between gig heads using the Gig Head action. Gigs are purchasable from NPCs upon unlocking spearfishing.
Specific conditions may be required in order to gather fish through spearfishing. After completing the conditions, a special node will appear. This will occur through regular fishing nodes and job quest nodes.
Teeming Waters where spearfishing can be conducted have been added.
|65||Shark Eye II|
|66||Truth of Oceans|
- Spearfishing Fishing. "Gamer Escape" (2021), <https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Spearfishing_Fishing>.
- Fathom. "Final Fantasy XIV A Ream Reborn Wiki" (2021), <https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Fathom>.
- Shark Eye. "Final Fantasy XIV A Ream Reborn Wiki" (2021), <https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Shark_Eye>.
- Fisher Quests. "Final Fantasy XIV A Ream Reborn Wiki" (2021), <https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Fisher_Quests>.