Released in patch 2.3, Item Desynthesis is a system that allows Disciples of the Hand (crafters) to break down pre-existing items into crafting materials and other components. Most items in the game can be desynthesized, such as weapons, armor, housing items and fish.
- Quest: Gone to Pieces
- Requirement: Level 30 Disciple of the Hand
- Quest Giver: Syntgoht – Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (x14,y10)
- Prerequisites: Main Scenario Quest Life, Materia and Everything
Each crafting class has its own desynthesis skill level. If the skill exceeds the recommended skill level for the item desynthesized, it is possible to obtain more materials.
As of 5.2, skill level no longer determines success chance nor is any level required to attempt it. There is also no longer a global cap on skill levels, making it possible to max out the skill level on all classes at once.
Successfully breaking down an item with Desynthesis will raise your skill level for that class.
- Crafting classes that are level 30 or higher will have a skill level of at least one.
- Low-level items give fewer points until a certain skill level and then stop entirely.
Breaking down an item with Desynthesis will primarily yield materials used to create the item. On occasion, players will also receive special items that are obtainable only through the use of Desynthesis.
- Special Items can used for new crafting recipes in patch 2.3.
- Having a Desynthesis skill equal to or higher than the item being broken down increases the chances of receiving special items.
For the purpose of datamining and outdated guides we added a list of changes during the patches
|Patch||per Class||in Total||Release Date|
|Patch 2.3||100||300||08.07.2014 5:15 AM|
|Patch 2.5||110||350||20.01.2015 6:45 AM|
|Patch 3.0||180||560||19.06.2015 10:00 AM|
|Patch 3.2||220||680||23.02.2016 5:30 AM|
|Patch 3.4||250||770||26.09.2016 12:00 PM|
|Patch 4.0||320||980||16.06.2017 4:45 AM|
|Patch 4.2||350||1070||29.01.2018 5:15 AM|
|Patch 4.41||??||1160||02.10.2018 2:00 AM|
|Patch 5.2||460||N/A||29.10.2019 12:00 AM|