Released in patch 2.3, Item Desynthesis is a system that allows crafters to break down pre-existing items and generate Crafting Material and other components of the original item. Most of items such as weapons, armor, housing items and fish can be Desynthesized.
- Quest: Gone to Pieces
- Requirement: Level 30 Crafting Class
- Quest Giver: Syntgoht - Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (x14,y10)
- Prerequisites: main scenario quest Life, Materia and Everything
Each crafting class has its own desynthesis skill level, which affects your chances of successfully breaking down an item, as well as the materials yielded if you succeed.
- The crafting class needs to be at least level 30 to perform Desynthesis.
Desynthesis skills for each class are independent, with a maximum level of 320. However, there is a skill point maximum of 980 that applies to all classes combined.
Successfully breaking down an item with Desynthesis will raise your skill level for that class, but it can also lower the skill level of other classes.
- Crafting classes that are level 30 or higher will have a skill level of at least one, which counts toward the combined point maximum.
- Attempting to exceed the combined 980 point maximum will lower the skill level of other classes.
- The higher the level of the item, the more skill is required to successfully break down the item, with the odds getting as low as 0%. Low level items give less and less skill until a certain skill level, and then stop entirely.
Breaking down an item with Desynthesis will primarily yield materials used to create the item. On occasion, players will also receive special items that can only be obtained through use of Desynthesis.
- Special Items can used for new crafting recipes in patch 2.3.
For the purpose of datamining and outdated guides we added a list of changes during the patches
|Patch||per Class||in Total||Release Date|
|patch 2.3||100||300||08.07.2014 5:15 AM|
|patch 2.5||110||350||20.01.2015 6:45 AM|
|patch 3.0||180||560||19.06.2015 10:00 AM|
|Patch 3.2||220||680||23.02.2016 5:30 AM|
|patch 3.4||250||770||26.09.2016 12:00 PM|
|patch 4.0||320||980||16.06.2017 4:45 AM|