The Forbidden Land, Eureka Anemos
- See also: The Forbidden Land, Eureka
The Forbidden Land, Eureka Anemos
Deep in the Glass Ocean, the great expanse of the Far East, lies an island recorded on no navigational charts. An island that seemingly appeared one day–an island that should not be. Recognizing its potential as a trading post, the brave and ambitious ventured forth to explore and claim it, only to discover an untamed land teeming with strange, monstrous beasts...
— In-game description
It is the first of four areas in The Forbidden Land, Eureka. Anemos is notably windy, with perpetual tornadoes even when the weather is otherwise clear.
- Level Requirement: Disciple of War or Magic level 70
- Item Level Sync: 300
- Elemental Level Sync: 20
- Party Size: One to eight players
- While up to 144 players can simultaneously be in the instance, only party sizes of up to eight players are allowed. Players can freely join or leave parties inside the instance, but Party Finder is disabled.
- Role Restrictions: None
- Time Limit: 180 minutes
- The instance timer is specific to each player and commences upon entering the duty.
- Unrestricted Parties not allowed
- Limited Jobs not allowed
- Quest: And We Shall Call it Eureka
- Disciple of War or Magic level 70
- Starting Location: Rhalgr's Reach (X:9.8 Y:12.5)
- Starting NPC: Galiena
- Prerequisite: Players must first complete the main scenario quest Stormblood.
|Points of Interest
|The Val River Swale
|The Anemos Seam
Players must attune to each aetheryte shard in order to travel to it, including the starting aetheryte in Port Surgate. The two other aetherytes (Windtorn Cabin and Abandoned Laboratory) are unlocked at elemental level 9.
Eureka Anemos contains a short storyline that must be completed to progress. Unlike most quests in the game, these do not show up in the Journal. In addition, some quest objectives will not be marked in the minimap.
(Protean Crystal Acquisition)
|Talk to Krile, then Gerolt. Obtain a Protean Crystal by defeating any normal enemy and present it to Krile.
|Eureka weapon/armor enhancement from Gerolt, Expedition Lockpick, Anemos Crystal exchange from Gerolt, Magia Board
|Talk to Krile. Travel to the Early Natural History Society Observatory (X:13.5, Y:20.2) and interact with the Confluence. Afterwards, return and talk to Krile. It may be recommended to do this during daytime because enemies will spawn inside the building at night.
|Second magicite slot
|Talk to Krile. Travel to the Orchard (X:24.4, Y:23.1) and interact with the Confluence below the large cliff. Afterwards, return and talk to Krile.
|Third magicite slot
|Talk to Krile. Travel to the Val River Swale (X:20.9, Y:13.0) and interact with the Confluence. Afterwards, return and talk to Krile.
|Fourth magicite slot
|Talk to Krile. Travel to the Uncanny Valley (X:32.8, Y:18.3) and interact with the Confluence. Afterwards, return and talk to Krile. Then travel to the Aethernet Control (X:25.5, Y:16.1) and interact with the Aethernet Relay. Obtain 99 Anemos Crystals and interact with it again. Finally, return and talk to Krile.
|Fifth magicite slot
Making the Most of Anemos
And We Shall Call It Pagos > The Forbidden Land, Eureka Pagos
Shops & Services
Anemos Elementals are a type of Eureka Elemental, which are passive NPCs that can spawn in fixed locations throughout the map and provide buffs to nearby players. For more information on Eureka Elementals, see here.
Powerful enemies, known as Notorious Monsters (NMs), will spawn upon defeating enough of certain enemies. These function similarly to boss FATEs. Upon spawning, each NM has a cooldown of 2 hours (real life time) before it can be spawned again. Players can track NMs in a given instance using the Eureka Tracker website and by sharing a given tracker link to other players in the instance.
In the following table, the listed rewards assume that the player has achieved the maximum (gold) ranking and has an elemental level that is at least one below the NM level. Otherwise, they will receive reduced rewards.
Players will usually specify a pull time (PT) to ensure that people in the instance can participate in the NM and receive rewards. This may either be in Eorzea Time or when there is a certain number of minutes remaining in the FATE timer, e.g., "PT 27" is commonly used, meaning begin fighting the boss when there is 27:00 left.
|Item Quick Reference
|Total for every weapon
|Anemos Weapons (IL 355)
How to acquire items to upgrade
- Protean Crystals: Kill Notorious Monsters in The Forbidden Land, Eureka Anemos to earn Anemos Crystals, then turn them in to Gerolt to exchange for 2 to 5 Protean Crystals for each Anemos Crystal turned in. Protean crystals will also drop randomly from trash mobs of equal or higher elemental level to your own. In Eureka, a notorious monster is essentially a Kill Boss FATE.
- Pazuzu's Feathers: 3 feathers will drop each time you complete the FATE Wail in the Willows with gold medal credit in Eureka Anemos, which requires you to kill the notorious monster Pazuzu. Feathers can also be purchased from the Expedition Birdwatcher for 300 Protean Crystals each.
Note that you must be on the matching job in order to augment your +2 weapon to an Anemos weapon, otherwise the menu option will not appear when speaking with Gerolt.
For more information, see here.
- Anemos Lockbox
- Over-aspected Cluster: An exceptionally rare drop from high-level sprites within Anemos. Functions similarly to a Phoenix Down and cannot be sold on the Market Board.
This duty is associated with the following achievements:
|Mapping the Realm: Eureka Anemos
|Discover every location within the Forbidden Land, Eureka Anemos.
|Making the Most of Anemos
|Complete all the scenario quests within the Forbidden Land, Eureka Anemos.
- Anemos refers to the Anemoi, the gods of the wind in Greek mythology.