Gathering classes, also known as Disciples of the Land, harvest natural resources throughout Eorzea. Disciples of the Hand can utilize these natural resources to craft equipment, consumables and countless useful items. Gathering classes consist of Botanist, Fisher and Miner.
Players wishing to unlock these classes may do so after reaching level 10 (or higher) as a Disciple of War or Disciple of Magic by talking to the Guild Receptionist in their respective gathering guild.
Gathering classes are ill-suited for combat, preferring to use stealth to hide from enemies, though doing so reduces movement speed. Just like crafting classes, they cannot participate in any Duties, as there are no resources to be found in any of them. Gatherers also have an exclusive selection of levequests focused entirely on gathering specific materials.
Disciples of the Land do not have access to any cross-class abilities from the other disciplines (Disciples of War, Disciples of the Hand, and Disciples of Magic). However, they share their various tracking and increased "Crafting Catalyst Yield" abilities with the other gathering classes, though only Miner and Botanist have a use for them. Gatherers also gain one cross-class slot every five levels up to level 50.
As expected, EXP is typically acquired by gathering items. Botanist and Miner gain an increasing temporary bonus to the amount of experience earned for your current gathering node by successfully increasing their Gathering Chain. A Gathering Chain is an in-game term used to describe the process of successfully gathering multiple items in a row without missing before you run out of gathering attempts. If you gather multiple high-quality items in a row, you increase your HQ Chain. Failing to receive an item (either by missing or running out of attempts) breaks all gathering chains.
All three classes gain a significant bonus whenever they obtain a high-quality (HQ) item, and a smaller bonus when they collect a resource for the very first time. The base amount gained depends on the level of the item gathered, not the level of the resource spot, though most items are of a similar level.
To switch to a gathering class, equip the tool of that class from your armory chest, just like you would any other class.
- Botanist and Miner:
- Gathering locations are only visible with the appropriate ability active, and only if the corresponding class is high enough level to harvest it (4 levels lower at most). For example, a level 21 Botanist can locate level 25 and lower spots, and the tracking ability is usable cross-discipline.
- Both classes have a secondary type of resource they can collect at level 11 onward – harvesting (BTN) and quarrying (MIN).
- After reaching certain levels, both classes can identify special conditions at certain gathering spots. These will result in various bonus effects if a particular stat is high enough, such as increased gathering chance, HQ gathering chance, extra attempts, and more.
- Higher-level resource spots will have several unknown items that are relatively difficult to gather at first (usually a 25% base chance). After being identified with a successful gathering, they will return to their regular rates. Certain items also have additional attributes:
- Hidden: Cannot be harvested from every spot.
- Rare: Can only be harvested once per spot. Abilities increasing the amount gathered per attempt do not affect these.
- At level 46, both classes gain an ability to spot "Unspoiled" gathering locations anywhere in the current zone. Unlike regular gathering spots, unspoiled nodes only spawn at specific times. They can only appear one at a time and last for about an hour, and can even despawn while you're gathering from them. Furthermore, their contents are marked 'out of reach' when you begin gathering, rendering all possible slots hidden, even if they are empty. These can be cleared away in just one gathering attempt until you successfully find the slot(s) which contain the hidden resource. At level 50, the "Toil" ability can immediately clear away these obstructions for 300 GP, making it easier to gather without sacrificing too many gathering attempts. These nodes contain rare items that typically cannot be acquired by other means.
Fishers harvest fish and other sea creatures from the waters of Eorzea, utilizing an assortment of fishing tackles to catch fish in various environments.
Deep sea Spearfishing is available starting in 4.0 Stormblood.
- Gathering - increases your likelihood of receiving an item while gathering. The higher the level of the item, the more Gathering Points are required for a 100% chance.
- Perception - increases the probability of acquiring high-quality resources, up to a maximum of 15% base chance. Does not affect items that cannot be high quality. In Heavensward and later expansions, Perception also determines the effectiveness of abilities that increase item collectability.
- GP - Gathering Points, used for gathering abilities (though Fishing does not make use of it until Heavensward). Slowly recharges over time while not gathering from resource spots and with each successful gathering attempt. The current amount is shared between classes, though points can be lost if switching to a class with a lower maximum.
|Company-issue Survival Manual||180m||+150% Experience earned from gathering (Up to 500,000). Effect halved after level 40.||Purchased from Grand Company Quartermasters for 1,440 Company Seals|
|Company-issue Survival Manual II||180m||+150% Experience earned from gathering (Up to 1,000,000). Effect halved after level 50.||Purchased from Grand Company Quartermasters for 2,300 Company Seals|
|Commercial Survival Manual||180m||+150% Experience earned from gathering (Up to 6,000,000). Effect halved after level 70.||Level 50 Crafter Job Quests, Purchased from a Scrip Exchange for 30 Yellow Gatherers' Scrip|
|Revised Survival Manual||180m||+150% Experience earned from gathering (Up to 12,000,000). Effect halved after level 80.||Purchased from a Scrip Exchange for 300 Yellow Gatherers' Scrip|
|Squadron Survival Manual||120m||+20% Experience earned from gathering (Replaces FC buff, stacks with above)||Reward from Squadron Missions|
|Food||30m||+3% Experience earned from gathering (stacks with above)||Crafted through Culinarian or purchased from vendors|
Gathering Increase Food
Perception Increase Food
GP Increase Food