Data Center Travel
- See also: World Visit System
Data Center Travel is a feature that allows players travel between logical data centers in the same region to embark on adventures with players from those data centers. It was added in patch 6.18. Due to the disparities in population between different data centers, using this feature may be necessary to participate in some forms of content in the game, such as high-end raiding in Party Finder.
Using the Data Center Travel System
- 1. From the Character Selection screen, choose a character and select Visit Another Data Center from the subcommand menu.
- 2. Select the data center and World to which you wish to travel.
- 3. On the final confirmation screen, select Proceed to return to the title screen and begin the data center traveling process.
- 4. Once Data Center Travel has been successfully completed, you may select the appropriate data center and World to log in.
- * Data center travel cannot be canceled while it is in progress.
- * Time required for data center travel may vary depending on congestion of your selected destination World. In certain cases, travel may be canceled.
- * You may only travel to other data centers from your Home Data Center. If you wish to travel to a data center different from the one you are currently visiting, you must first return to your Home Data Center and submit a Data Center Visit request from there.
- * If you are still in another data center after 30 days, you will automatically be returned to your Home World the next time you log in.
- Players visiting other data centers will have the "Traveler" title displayed on their nameplate.
- * This title will be displayed when undertaking duties on the destination data center.
- This title will also be displayed in the friends list and in player searches under the Company column.
Certain features are unavailable or restricted when visiting another data center.
- Retainers cannot be summoned, hired, or released from service.
- Items cannot be put up for sale on the market board.
- * Market board items can still be purchased.
- The following quests can only be accepted from your Home World:
- An Ill-conceived Venture (Gridania, Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah)
- Free companies cannot be formed or joined.
- Free company information cannot be viewed.
- Company credits cannot be earned.
- Free company chat cannot be used to send or receive messages.
- Linkshell information cannot be viewed.
- Linkshells cannot be created or joined.
- Linkshells cannot be used to send or receive messages.
- Cross-world linkshells cannot be formed.
- * It is still possible to join cross-world linkshells, with a limit of 8 cross-world linkshells per data center.
- Travelers cannot be promoted to master of cross-world linkshells in the destination data center.
- Cross-world linkshells in different data centers cannot be used to send or receive messages.
- Fellowship information in your Home World cannot be viewed.
- Travelers cannot form or join fellowships in a different data center.
- Estates and apartments cannot be purchased.
- Residence sharing is unavailable.
- The quest "Bird in Hand" can only be accepted from your Home World.
- Ceremonies of Eternal Bonding are unavailable.
- Eternal Bonding quests are unavailable.
- Invitations to ceremonies cannot be offered to players in other data centers.
- Lord of Verminion tournaments cannot be entered.
- Triple Triad tournaments cannot be entered.
- Jumbo Cactpot tickets cannot be purchased or redeemed.
- Deep Dungeon results will not be saved to leaderboards.
- Crystalline Conflict ranked matches are unavailable.
- PvP team information cannot be viewed.
- PvP teams cannot be formed or joined.
- PvP teams cannot be used to send or receive messages.
- The Moogle delivery service is unavailable.
- * Letter notifications are unavailable outside of your Home Data Center.
- Eternity Rings may only be used when both players are on the same World.
- You can only use an Aetheryte Pendulum to teleport to the nearest aetheryte if both players are on the same World.
- You can only teleport to a friend's estate when you are on their Home World.
New and Preferred World Bonuses
- Bonuses will not be applied for visiting New or Preferred Worlds.
- * If you are eligible for New or Preferred World bonuses in your Home World, these will still apply when visiting another World.