Before the Dawn
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Before the Dawn
In times of trouble, there are few things more precious than unconditional support.
— In-game description
- This quest must be completed before accessing the Heavensward Main Scenario Quests and areas.
- Several cutscenes and the credits for A Realm Reborn will play in sequence after entering the intercessory. Make sure to set aside sufficient time (approximately 20 minutes) to view these scenes in their entirety.
- Speak with the House Fortemps guard.
- You learn that the Dravanians renewed their assault on Ishgard in your absence, and that several wyverns broke free into the city proper. The beasts were duly slain, though not before wreaking considerable havoc, and so it comes as little surprise that your petition for asylum will not be heard until the threat to Ishgard has diminished. For the time being, Lord Haurchefant invites you and Alphinaud to join your companions in the intercessory. Speak with the knight stationed outside to gain entry, and find out who awaits you within.
- To your surprise, you find Tataru and Yugiri waiting for you in the intercessory, the refugee leader having rescued the young receptionist from the Crystal Braves in Limsa Lominsa. Together, you learn, they traveled to the Waking Sands, where Urianger cast a powerful glamour to mask the presence of those taking refuge within. This small blessing is soon tempered by the realization that, aside from you and Alphinaud, every other Scion who attended the banquet remains unaccounted for. Succumbing to a fit of melancholy, Alphinaud curses himself for being blind to the traitors in his midst, and foolishly believing that he could save the world single-handedly. Seeing this, Lord Haurchefant and Tataru remind him that all is not lost -- that they still have allies to whom they can turn. With these words ringing in their ears, the remnants of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn resolve to resume their journey and seek their redemption... one step at a time.