Strangers in a Strange Land
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Strangers in a Strange Land
Oboro has been pondering how you might grow as a shinobi.
— In-game description
- Speak with Jacke at the Rogues' Guild.
- Speak with Mulfa Kelfa at Summerford Farms.
- Search the area west of Summerford Farms.
- Search the area leading toward the Descent.
- Search around the base of the Descent.
- Speak with the peculiar suspect.
- Speak with Oboro at the dock storehouse.
- Oboro has been pondering how you might grow as a shinobi.
- Oboro is convinced the path to mastery yet lies ahead of you, but is unsure where you should begin. He remembers that taking on missions in service of Doma honed his own skills, and wonders if perhaps you, too, are wanting for duty. Luckily, Jacke has recently asked for Oboro's presence in some urgent matter. Accompany your erstwhile mentor to the Rogues' Guild.
- According to Jacke, there is a bandit in Far Eastern garb going about robbing people, and, even more concerning, using ninjutsu in the process. After checking a slightly disgruntled Oboro, the guildmaster asks that you both aid him in tracking the thief. Follow him to Summerford Farms, and there interview the victim, Mulfa Kelfa.
- The distraught merchant tells you his sad tale of how two thieves stole his one rare and oh-so-expensive Far Eastern orb. Learning that the criminals headed northwest, Jacke proposes that you immediately give chase, that you might track them down before they have a chance to escape with their ill-gotten goods. Begin by traveling to where they were last seen, just outside Summerford Farms.
- You find a trail of footprints leading northwest. Follow them on the path across the bridge, towards the Descent.
- The footprints continue to the northwest. Climb down the wooden stairs, and see again where they lead.
- You see the faint outlines of two figures near the entrance of Woad Whisper Canyon to the northeast. Head in that direction, and be ready for anything.
- You corner a strange girl along the cliffs, who answers Jacke's questions by silently drawing her blades. Before you come to blows, however, Mulfa Kelfa arrives. He thanks you for your service, and then asks his bodyguard to kill you. Apparently, it would not do for you to learn how he acquired the orb. Unfortunately for him, you, Jacke, and Oboro make short work of his hired blade. The strange girl grudgingly thanks you for your aid. Oboro marks her for a person from the Far East, at which point her retainer, Akagi, introduces her as Princess Yuki Yatsurugi. She left her lands in search of treasures stolen from her clan. Oboro presumptuously offers her your aid, but she refuses, calling all shinobi traitors. Akagi, however, is more accommodating to Oboro's proposal, and promises to contact you should Yuki ever be found in danger. Return now to the dock storehouse, and hear Oboro's thoughts on the matter.
- Oboro tells you that the princess's skills are famed in the Far East, and that she may have little need of your help. However, you have now promised your blade to her, and so must train both it and your mind so that you can protect her, no matter what may come.