The Social Knitwork
The Social Knitwork
Redolent Rose has a faraway look in his eyes.
— In-game description
You can now begin Inscrutable Tastes. Familiarizing yourself with the Collectables system at this time is a good idea. It will be as quick to level with as Levequests or Grand Company missions, and provides access to the Crafter and Gatherer endgame currencies: Scrips.
- Speak with Bartelot outside Haillenarte Manor.
- Speak with Framoncis outside Durendaire Manor.
- Speak with Glenda in Saint Reymanaud's Cathedral.
- Speak with Averil at the Arc of the Venerable.
- Redolent Rose has a faraway look in his eyes.
- It seems wanderlust is upon the guildmaster, who wishes to see Isghardian nobles in their finery for himself. Alas, his commitments keep him in Ul'dah, and so he bids you go in his stead, and learn what passes for fashion in the Holy See. Unfortunately, the Weavers' Guild has no contacts in Ishgard, and so Redolent Rose suggests you speak with a guard of House Haillenarte in front of their manor's gates. Do so now, and hope that they will not throw you off the premises.
- In spite of your airtight reason for being there, the guard politely informs you that House Haillenarte cannot afford your services. However, Bartelot continues, House Durendaire may be able to. Speak with the guard in front of Durendaire Manor.
- Though you are once again turned away from the noble house's door, the House Durendaire guard suggests you speak with Glenda, a pious soul recently in need of a weaver. Find out why by speaking with her in Saint Reymanaud Cathedral.
- Glenda happily exclaims that you are the weaver to answer her prayers. It appears the widow has a daughter named Averil, who cannot - or will not - learn weaving. Glenda asks that you act as tutor to her willful child, and asks that you speak directly with Averil near the Arc of the Venerable.
- You find Averil sitting near a fountain. Upon introducing yourself, you are treated to a tirade - the girl is sick and tired of living at home, prisoner to her mother's every whim. She had wanted to become a chirurgeon, but Glenda put paid to the very notion, and saddled her with weaving, a pursuit Averil has no love or patience for. However, Averil could use some new clothes, and since her mother is paying you, tells you to wait for her order.
- The next weaver quest will be available from Averil upon reaching level 53.