Coming to Ishgard
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Coming to Ishgard
The time for action has come, and Alphinaud knows what he must do.
— In-game description
- Players must have purchased the Heavensward expansion to access the Patch 3.0 Main Scenario Quests.
- The intercessory, where players accept the quest, can be entered by talking to the House Fortemps guard in Coerthas Central Highlands at (x:26, y:17).
- Speak with Haurchefant.
- Speak with the House Fortemps manservant.
- The Scions of the Seventh Dawn, once proclaimed as saviors of Eorzea, are now condemned as murderers -- betrayed by the Crystal Braves and forced to flee the banquet held to celebrate the very victory they helped bring about. One by one, your comrades remained behind in a bid to aid your escape, until you alone emerged from the tunnels beneath Ul'dah to be reunited with Alphinaud and seek refuge in Coerthas. But will you ever find sanctuary behind the walls of Ishgard? Having bided your time in Camp Dragonhead for what feels like an age, you finally have your answer: yes. As wards of House Fortemps, you will be granted admission to the city proper. Haurchefant will tell you more.
- In the end, it is as simple as speaking with a sentry at the Gates of Judgement. All had been arranged, and none will deny you passage.
- Eyeing you warily, the sentry motions for you to enter. The Steps of Faith await -- and beyond, Ishgard.
- As you arrive in Foundation, you find that the destruction wrought by the wyverns is still fresh. Nearby, a well-dressed man beckons to you -- presumably the manservant of whom Lord Haurchefant spoke.
- The House Fortemps manservant welcomes you to Ishgard, and bids you follow him to the family manor in the Pillars above, where Haurchefant awaits.
- At the manor, Haurchefant presents you to Count Edmont de Fortemps, who invites you to treat his home as your own. When Alphinaud expresses concern over the possible repercussions of harboring foreign fugitives, Edmont reassures you that your reputation does not concern him, and expresses confidence that his fellow Ishgardians will come to accept your presence given time.