Form to the Formless
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Form to the Formless
- Quest giver
- Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (X:10.7, Y:13.4)
- Required quest
- Before the Dawn
- Previous quest
- Next quest
- Elegance and Artistry
Serendipity would like to introduce you to a certain someone.
— In-game description
You can now begin Inscrutable Tastes. Familiarizing yourself with the Collectables system at this time is a good idea. It will be as quick to level with as Levequests or Grand Company missions, and provides access to the Crafter and Gatherer endgame currencies: Scrips.
- Speak with Marcel at Eshtaime's Aesthetics.
- Speak with Serendipity at the Goldsmiths' Guild.
- Speak with Momodi at the Quicksand.
- Report to Marcel at Eshtaime's Aesthetics.
- Serendipity would like to introduce you to a certain someone.
- Serendipity gleefully informs you that your work has caught the eye of one Marcel, an influential agent who oversees commissions from Eshtaime's most influential clients. As the guildmaster tells it, the man has decided to recruit your services for a work of particular importance. Make for Eshtaime's Aesthetics where Marcel awaits, and see what it is he would have you create.
- Marcel shares with you the details of the commission─a bonding anniversary gift from the wife of a high-ranking officer in the Immortal Flames to her beloved husband─and explains that the specific nature of the item has been left to your discretion. He recalls the words of a great goldsmith─“To give form to that which is formless, and breathe a warm, beating heart into the coldest of metal”─and suggests that you use them as a starting point in your search for inspiration. Seek out Serendipity at the Goldsmiths' Guild and Momodi at the Quicksand and see if they have any insight into the matter.
- Serendipity recognizes the words as those of her erstwhile master, while Momodi muses on the true meaning of gifts and memories. Convey their words to Marcel at Eshtaime's, that the two of you together might hit upon the inspiration you seek.
- No sooner do you return to Marcel than does your customer, one Jeweled Peak, pay a visit to inquire on the progress of her commission. When she mentions her and her husband's shared love for the famed Songstress of Ul'dah, Marcel hits upon the idea of crafting a music box that would play a melody and memory from their youth, thus giving form to the formless and breathing a beating heart into metal. Your goal now clear, you must determine how best to approach the task at hand.
- ※The next goldsmith quest will be available from Marcel upon reaching level 53.