Note that after the release of Stormblood (4.0), Raid Finder has merged with Duty Finder. It shows as High-end Duty in Duty Finder.
Raid Finder allows players to register for instanced raids without having to form a party. By selecting a desired raid and matching requirements, players will be matched automatically with other players spanning multiple Worlds within the same data center. The Raid Finder will be unlocked when speaking with the NPC who would normally unlock the entrance to the specified instanced raid. It can be accessed via the Duty tab of the Main Menu.
Note: Not all raids and extreme trials are accessed via Raid Finder. Each major patch, the raids and trials which are to be found in the Raid Finder may change. Such content not in the Raid Finder can be found in the Duty Finder instead.
Players need only to have access to either the latest Extreme Trail, Have Unreal Trials unlocked or Have the latest savage tier unlocked. In the case of Alexander: Midas (Savage), players must speak with Lightkix Eyesfixed in the Dravanian Hinterlands (X:20.6 Y:26.1). Please keep in mind, however, that the Raid Finder will become inaccessible when the next series of Savage raids or Extreme trials is introduced. At that time, players must unlock the next Savage or Extreme raid to gain access to the Raid Finder.
Raid Finder Content
The following raids and trials are available through High-end Duty via Duty Finder:
The following raids and trails are no longer available in High-end Duty and can instead be accessed via Duty Finder:
- Containment Bay Z1T9 (Extreme)
- Containment Bay P1T6 (Extreme)
- The Minstrel's Ballad: Nidhogg's Rage
- Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme)
- The Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan's Reign
- Alexander - The Fist of the Son (Savage)
- Alexander - The Cuff of the Son (Savage)
- Alexander - The Arm of the Son (Savage)
- Alexander - The Burden of the Son (Savage)
- Alexander - The Eyes of the Creator (Savage)
- Alexander - The Breath of the Creator (Savage)
- Alexander - The Heart of the Creator (Savage)
- Alexander - The Soul of the Creator (Savage)
Raid Finder Settings
- Duty Complete - Players must have completed the selected raid at least once.
- Duty Incomplete - Completion of the selected raid is not required to participate.
- Duty Completion - Only available to players who have yet to claim weekly rewards.
- Practice - When this option is selected, players can specify which phase of the battle they wish to practice.
Practice Phase Selection
This option is available only when selecting Practice. Players can then choose First Phase or Final Phase.
- Practice phase selection does not entail the actual skipping of phases.
- If party members have already completed the duty for the week, the number of treasure coffers may be reduced.
When queuing solo or with less than a full party, the Raid finder will match together 2 tanks, 2 healers, 1 ranged physical DPS, 1 ranged magical DPS, 1 melee DPS, and 1 other DPS.The fourth, unspecified DPS class or job to be matched will depend on the settings selected when registering for a raid.
When selecting Duty Completion, the unspecified DPS player cannot be the same class or job as other players to be matched together in a party.
When selecting Practice, the unspecified DPS player can be the same class or job as other players to be matched together in a party.
Please note that the above composition requirements are not imposed upon preformed parties.
- Players who have yet to complete the selected raid will take priority in the queue.
Language settings from the Duty Finder will be carried over to the Raid Finder
- Loot rules can only be changed when registering as a full party.
Progress and Reward Acquisition
Upon registering for and completing a given Savage raid, your weekly progress will be updated to that point, preventing you from obtaining rewards from previous raids.
Example: A player registers for and completes Alexander - The Cuff of the Son (Savage) but has yet to enter Alexander - The Fist of the Son (Savage) that week. In this case, even if the player goes back to clear Alexander - The Fist of the Son (Savage), they cannot obtain rewards until the weekly reset.
Reward eligibility is reset every Tuesday at 8:00 (GMT).
- In the event a raid is underway when reward eligibility is reset, players will still be permitted to vie for items during the upcoming week.
Players can now be matched automatically with other players to challenge the hardest encounters Eorzea has to offer. Including options to match with other experienced players or practice groups, finding comrades-in-arms has never been easier.