Command Missions is a feature of Adventurer Squadrons released in patch 4.1 of Stormblood. It allows the player to enter an dungeon with 3 unit members. While unit members have their own free will, responding as the situation demands, they can be given orders to guide their actions.
- Squadron Rank 2 or above
- Listen to the squadron sergeant's explanation about new missions
|The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak||24||1200|
|The Stone Vigil||41||2000|
|The Aurum Vale||47||2400|
|The Wanderer's Palace||50||110||2500|
|Copperbell Mines (Hard)||50||110||2500|
|Brayflox's Longstop (Hard)||50||110||2500|
|The Wanderer's Palace (Hard)||50||2500|
|The Fractal Continuum||60||210||3500|
|Pharos Sirius (Hard)||60||240||3500|
- Players must have unlocked these dungeons prior to deploying command missions.
- Party composition restricted to [Healer, Tank, DPS, DPS].
Forming a Party
To start a command mission, a party of one tank, one healer, and two DPS is required. This includes the player's role.
1. Select "Command missions" after speaking with the squadron sergeant.
2. Select a command mission from the list.
3. Choose the unit members you wish to take, and select "Deploy."
4. You will now enter the command mission with the selected unit members.
The Orders hotbar will appear upon entering a command mission, and includes the various Order actions.
The available Orders are as follows:
Engage - Tells your unit to attack the targeted enemy.
Disengage - Disengage tells your unit to break off combat and regroup near you. While Disengage is in effect, it will be replaced with the order Re-engage. The Disengage status can be lifted by issuing either the Engage or Re-engage order.
Re-engage - Lifts the Disengage status.
Ungarmax deals single-target damage and grants a buff that increases damage dealt by each party member.
Orders can be set to your other hotbars by selecting them from the Orders interface found within Actions & Traits. There is also an action for toggling the Orders hotbar, which can be set to hotbars.
Battle Tactics govern unit members' behavior during a command mission. New battle tactics may be acquired by completing command missions. One battle tactic can be assigned to each unit member.
Speak with a unit member and select Display Orders from the enlistment papers.
Selecting Display Orders opens the Specify Battle Tactics
- Initially, only the Independent battle tactic is available.
Tips and Tricks
If your healer is incapacitated during a command mission, consumable items such as Phoenix Down and High-grade Company-issue Tonic can be used to revive them. If you have no means to revive unit members, any which are incapacitated will remain so until the player is incapacitated, at which time the full party will be returned to the start of the dungeon.
Completing Command Missions rewards all standard dungeon loot and character XP, plus squadron XP for all squadmates, and potential for additional loot such as High-grade Company-issue Tonic and Grand Company Aetheryte Tickets. Chemistry bonuses that grant additional rewards such as Materia can also trigger from Command Mission completion. Squadron members may also gain new Battle Tactics or increase Mastery for existing Battle Tactics; see the Battle Tactics section above for details on how Battle Tactics work.
- Standard dungeon loot from all chests (potions, items, etc.)
- Kill & Boss XP for Player's current class/job (includes Armory & Rested bonuses)
- Squadron XP for all AI-controlled squadron members
- Additional special items (Company Tonics, Aetheryte Tickets, etc.)
- Chemistry-based bonus items, if applicable/available
- New Battle Tactic or increase to an existing Tactic's Mastery
Put your squadron's training to the test with command missions─four-man unit operations that will take you on forays into perilous dungeons. With an increased level cap and the option to glamour your squadron's equipment, now is your chance to impress the higher-ups and make a name for yourself in your Grand Company.