Jump to navigation Jump to search
— In-game description
- Speak with Tahla Molkoh at Castrum Oriens.
- Speak with Giff in Rhalgr's Reach.
- Speak with Alpa at Castellum Velodyna.
- Speak with Giff.
- Use the griffin's Buffet ability on Alpa.
- Use the griffin's Buffet ability on Alpa again.
- Use the griffin's Buffet ability on Alpa yet again.
- Speak with Alpa.
- Alpa's plans for Castellum Velodyna are facing opposition.
- ※The difficulty of this quest will be synced to your current level.
- Castellum Velodyna looms large over Ala Mhigo, and it is a constant reminder of years of suffering at the hands of the Garleans that many citizens would rather see destroyed. Alpa seeks to placate those who oppose her project by introducing traditional Ala Mhigan designs, but she lacks the knowledge required to make informed choices. You suggest speaking to Tahla Molkoh stationed at Castrum Oriens, who is a wellspring of information on local history.
- ※Please note that the difficulty of this quest has been synced to your current level. Furthermore, you may not proceed with a class or job that is different from when you accepted this quest.
- Tahla Molkoh recommends the traditional motif of a pair of griffins, which symbolizes everlasting loyalty. This gives Alpa the idea of crafting a pair of metal griffin statues to decorate the castellum. Feeling that it would be best to base the sculptures on a real griffin, J'olhmyn suggests consulting Giff the beast trainer at Rhalgr's Reach.
- Giff expresses his opposition to the Gatekeepers and their plans for the castellum, but promises to supply a griffin as thanks for your commitment to the Resistance. He will meet with you and the others in Castellum Velodyna.
- Giff reaches the castellum as promised, but is displeased when he hears that his griffin will be used as a basis for Alpa's statues. Although he is reluctant to help with what he considers to be a pointless endeavor, he agrees all the same. According to Giff, a griffin is at its most dynamic when creating its characteristic gusts of wind, with which they subdue their prey. Much to his surprise, Alpa expresses a desire to experience this powerful attack for herself to better understand the true nature of the winged beast. As Giff refuses to have any further part in this absurd plan, Alpa nominates you to ride the griffin.
- You climb atop the griffin and find that it responds well to your commands. Next, you head in Alpa's direction and prepare to unleash a buffet of wind.
- Though struck with the full force of the blast, Alpa appears to be unscathed. Unfortunately, she instinctively closed her eyes due to the power of the blast. She asks you to make another attempt.
- The griffin whips a second gust of air towards Alpa. Despite making a concerted effort to keep her eyes open, she is only able to catch a glimpse of the creature. She steels herself for one more blast.
- This time, Alpa is able to witness the awe-inspiring spectacle of the griffin as it summons forth a buffet of wind. Her study of the fearsome creature is now complete and she prepares to capture its majesty in metallic form.
- Alpa's skill as a metalworker is something to behold and Giff is quick to shower her with praise. Despite once being vehemently opposed to her plans for Velodyna, he offers the services of the Resistance's griffin riders. The young captain has succeeded in protecting the castellum from demolition and bolstered the ranks of the Gatekeepers in one deft move.