Two Sides of a Coin
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
|Quest Giver||Alphinaud - Coerthas Central Highlands (x33, y15)|
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Shadows of the First||Unlikely Allies|
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- Alphinaud would like nothing more than to get out of the snow.
- A few brief moments standing in the snow is more than enough for Alphinaud to realize that this is neither the time nor the place to think deeply on recent events. While the House Fortemps knights return to Camp Dragonhead and prepare a report, he would head for the Congregation both to brief Ser Aymeric and to see if his sister's condition has at all improved.
- Ser Aymeric escorts you and Alphinaud to Alisaie's room, where Thancred, Y'shtola, and Tataru are already waiting. There, Alphinaud is relieved to find that his sister has regained consciousness and is well on her way to a full recovery. Per Y'shtola's request, you proceed to give your account of all that occurred in Xelphatol, prompting a debate as to the credibility of the Warrior of Darkness's claims. When all have had their say, however, the Scions agree only that their foes' attempts to spur the beast tribes to summon ever stronger primals cannot be allowed to continue.
- Thancred then reveals that he and Alisaie have uncovered evidence suggesting that the Ascians are behind a plot to furnish several beast tribes with a steady stream of crystals. On the understanding that severing their supply lines would do much to slow the escalation, it is decided that the others─Ser Aymeric included─will attempt to determine the Ixal and the Gnath's source. You and Alphinaud, meanwhile, will visit Urianger to find out if his wealth of knowledge concerning primal beings might be put to good use. When Alisaie subsequently insists that she be allowed to accompany you, Alphinaud seems poised to refuse her, only to relent in the face of her steely-eyed determination. All that remains is to wait for her to finish changing into her new outfit─yet another original creation of Tataru's fecund imagination.
- After a brief moment of reflection─and a missed opportunity to hear an anecdote about Alphinaud's boyhood indiscretions─you and the twins are finally ready to depart. With luck, your visit to the Waking Sands will prove fruitful.
- To your delight, Urianger appears to be well aware of the Warriors of Darkness and their recent activities, and he provides you with a promising new lead: the kobolds of Vylbrand are rumored to be on the verge of summoning Titan once more. Satisfied, you and Alphinaud prepare to depart for Camp Overlook in outer La Noscea, but your departure is delayed by Alisaie, who requests that Urianger look into some of the specific claims made by the Warriors of Darkness. She suggests that The Gerun Oracles may hold the answers─though the frosty manner in which she addresses the scholar raises a host of other questions...
- In Camp Overlook, you find a grim Commander Bloeidin muttering to himself about the need for reinforcements. Upon learning of your intent, however, his face splits into a wide grin. It would seem that the Scions of the Seventh Dawn have arrived in Vylbrand in the nick of time.