Beyond the Great Wall
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Beyond the Great Wall
Alphinaud is a man with a great deal on his mind.
— In-game description
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- Speak with the serpent officer.
- Speak with Raubahn.
- Ilberd's assault on Baelsar's Wall and subsequent summoning of the primal now known as “Shinryu” left the Eorzean Alliance with little choice but to occupy Castrum Oriens -- an act almost certain to be interpreted as the prelude to a full-scale invasion. Yet if the Alliance must go to war, it would not do so alone. General Raubahn Aldynn has asked that the Scions of the Seventh Dawn secure the support of the Ala Mhigan Resistance, that they might join forces with the Alliance and drive the legions of Garlemald from Eorzea once and for all. This formal request for aid was not unanticipated, and you and your fellow Scions take little time to reach a consensus. To Ala Mhigo you will go -- with Lyse to lead the way, given her ties to the Resistance.
- As you are preparing to leave the Rising Stones, you are met by Yugiri and Gosetsu. The pair have resolved to return to the nation of Doma, in the Far East, to aid their comrades in the fight against Garlemald. Though your battlefields are a thousand malms apart, your purpose is one and the same, and so you bid them farewell, hoping that you might meet again one day to celebrate the liberation of two lands.
- From Amarissaix's Spire, you and your fellow Scions look on Baelsar's Wall, and Castrum Oriens. Beyond them lies Gyr Abania, which has languished under imperial rule for twenty long years...
- The serpent officer knows you at once. His man stands ready to escort you to the Wall, where the soldiers of four great nations have gathered in preparation for a long and bloody campaign.
- At last you come to the fringes of Gyr Abania. To a new war -- to a new front line. In the command center, the Flame General pores over a stack of maps, deliberating his next move.
- Raubahn welcomes you warmly to Castrum Oriens, and restates his position that the Alliance will not advance further without the cooperation of the Ala Mhigan Resistance. As you make ready to depart on your mission, Cid Garlond appears and apprises you of the latest developments in the search for Omega and Shinryu: namely, that there have not been any, the fate and whereabouts of both remaining unknown. All the more reason to secure the support of the Resistance, then, as the Ironworks search parties cannot safely venture any deeper into occupied territory...