Augmented Artifact Armor
- See also: Artifact Armor
Augmented Artifact Armor is the upgraded versions of the original level 45/50 Artifact Armor. While Augmented gear have the same stats as their normal versions, they can be Dyed into various colors.
- Augmented Artifact armor was first introduced in patch 2.3.
- Note that while Mythology Armor is also on the level 50 job quest in a coffer (since Stormblood), that armor is just a recolor that cannot be made Dyeable by any means.
A Realm Reborn
Players can unlock Augmented Artifact Armor by completing the quest Simply to Dye For. Then you need to exchange the desired Artifact gear to Kakalan in Mor Dhona with a level 50★★★ Alchemist crafted item (2 for body and legs).
- Main article: Augmented Artifact Armor (A Realm Reborn) (i50)
In Heavensward, the Augmented Artifact gear was acquired by upgrading Antiquated gear with Illuminati Gobdip (for weapons), Illuminati Gobtwine (for armor), or Illuminati Gobcoat (for accessories) with Seika in Idyllshire (X:6.7 Y:7.4). This would be the standard method for upgrading tomestone gear going forward.
When Esoterics were retired in Patch 3.4, the entire set was moved to Yolaine in Foundation (X:13.0 Y:11.8) for Centurio Seals along with the upgrade items. The augmented versions replaced the base versions during a quality of life pass in Patch 5.3, and the upgrade items were retired. Any Antiquated gear still in existence can be augmented at Seika, but now with 100 Poetics per piece.
Because this was tomestone gear as well as artifact gear, this would be the only time augmentation also improved the gear's stats.
- Main article: Artifact Weapons (Heavensward) (i210)
- Main article: Artifact Armor (Heavensward) (i210)
For Stormblood, the Antiquated gear is directly awarded as a coffer on the level 70 Job Quests, and it is upgraded inside Eureka at Gerolt in Anemos (X:18.0 Y:32.3) with Protean Crystals and Anemos Crystals like Relic gear. There are four upgrade tiers before the armor becomes dyable: a base set, a +1 set, a +2 set, and finally the dyeable Anemos set.
- Main article: Anemos Weapons (i355)
- Main article: Eureka Artifact Anemos Armor (i350)
During Shadowbringers, there is no way to upgrade the i430 Weathered armor to be dyable. Instead the dyable version of the armor is a different set entirely. The i480 Idealized Armor set is only available via the trial Memoria Misera (Extreme) or in exchange for its totem, High Legatus Idol.
The i430 weapons are immediately dyable and no longer prefixed Weathered as of Patch 6.0 and the release of Endwalker.
- Main article: Artifact Weapons (Shadowbringers) (i430)
- Main article: Idealized Armor (i480)
With Endwalker, the Artifact Sets were made dyable by completing the Endwalker Role Quests, which is not required to receive the gear. There is not a separate armor set, instead the gear shows little lock icons where the dye color circle would normally be. Once a role quest is completed, all Jobs in the role will have their sets dyable, even those not yet received or leveled (it checks for the achievement).
- Main article: Artifact Weapons (Endwalker) (i560)
- Main article: Artifact Armor (Endwalker) (i560)