As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness
|Quest Giver||Lucia - Foundation (x13, y11)|
|Reward|| 16740 10000 |
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Against the Dying of the Light||As It Once Was|
- If you are concerned about healing, Artoirel possesses a potent Cure spell and will accompany you throughout all of the duty. However, keep potions handy in an emergency.
- Hostage NPCs will be located within the duty, and they will be targeted by enemies. Your priority should be taking out enemies that are damaging the hostages as soon as you can. If a single hostage dies, or if Aymeric falls, the duty will fail.
- The beginning is straightforward: follow the only path to a group of enemies. Kill them all off and you will rescue one hostage. Y'shtola will leave at this point.
- Follow the next open path and you will enter another hallway. At the end are enemies and a hostage. Allow your allied NPCs to take the lead and draw the attention of the enemies in front while you rush to target the enemy hurting the hostage. Finish off the rest of the enemies. Alphinaud and Thancred will leave at this point.
- Continue forward while defeating more enemies. When you reach the Quire, you will view a cutscene.
At this point you are running on two timers: Aymeric's HP and the HP of remaining hostages. Be swift in this part! You must also now interact with the binds on the remaining hostages: do not forget to unbind them or else you will be unable to proceed to the final fight.
- Immediately descend the stairs you came from. Looking forward from the stairs, proceed to the nearby hallway on your right. In this new hallway are two hostages: quickly dispatch the enemy damaging them and the remaining enemies. Unbind the two hostages and then proceed.
- The last hostage is located on the other side of you: you must return to the hallway where you split up with Alphinaud and Thancred and rescued a previous hostage. The gate that was previously closed is now open and leads to the last hostage, targeted by an enemy. Rescue them quickly, unbind them, and then rush back to Aymeric.
- You will be immediately targeted by the boss, however, focus on dispatching Aymeric's current target first. Defeat the remaining adds, and then the boss. Finally, go up the stairs to finish the duty.
- Rescue the hostages! Solo Duty Required
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- Speak with Fortemps Manor.
- Lucia is not one to rest on her laurels.
- As you and the others debate how best to proceed, Ser Aymeric enters the room in the company of lords Edmont and Artoirel to the delight and relief of all present. Alas, the resulting mood of optimism is soon soured by the arrival of a panicked knight bearing grave tidings: a rebel faction calling themselves the True Brothers of the Faith have seized control of the Vault, and taken the refugees sheltering within hostage. Needless to say, the lord commander cannot bow to the demands of such zealots, leaving him with but one option: an armed assault. Without hesitation, you and your fellow Scions volunteer to help, prompting Lord Artoirel to pledge his support as well.
- Though you succeed in sneaking into the basilica undetected, the rebels soon catch wind of your presence, and attempt to execute the hostages. Fortunately, they are no match for you and your allies, and together you are able to rescue all but one of their captives─a young girl name Maelie, whom you learn was borne off to the upper levels by a priest. You, Ser Aymeric, and Lord Artoirel have no choice but to give chase.
- You finally corner the priest on the uppermost level of the Vault, and Ser Aymeric demands his immediate surrender. Alas, the man will not hear reason, being convinced beyond all doubt that Ser Aymeric is a traitor to both kin and country. In a final act of defiance, he throws Maelie from the ledge, sending the child tumbling towards the plaza.
- Far below, Lucia and Y'shtola can only watch in horror as the screaming figure plummets towards them. But just when all hope seems lost, a great white dragon swoops down to pluck her from the very jaws of death. Vidofnir!
- Soon after, you, Ser Aymeric, and Lord Artoirel join the others outside, where Vidofnir is waiting to deliver a warning from Hraesvelgr. It would seem Nidhogg and his brood have flown for skies unknown. When Alphinaud subsequently presses the dragon for answers regarding Estinien, she declares that she can provide none, and bids you farewell. Though her visit was all too brief, Ser Aymeric hopes that it will do much to change the opinions of the common man. Yet Lord Edmont, who does not share in his optimism, implores the young knight to move with greater caution, lest more perish in his headlong rush for change─not least Ser Aymeric himself, whom the count plainly cherishes as a son.
- In the wake of Vidofnir's departure, Y'shtola speaks to you privately regarding Thancred, in whom she senses a troubling change. According to her, his aetheric flow has been disrupted in a manner which would theoretically prevent him from wielding all magicks, teleportation included. Though she stresses that this is as yet mere speculation, it would do much to explain why he did not risk seeking out the Scions upon learning that a primal had been summoned. In the absence of proof, however, you have no choice but to remain silent and attend Alphinaud in Fortemps Manor.
- As you discuss recent events with Alphinaud and Tataru, lords Artoirel and Emmanellain enter, having come to present you all a token of their gratitude: a House Fortemps shield fit for a true knight. It soon becomes clear, however, that this was not Artoirel's only reason for seeking an audience when he reveals that Count Edmont means to step aside, leaving him to take his father's place as the head of House Fortemps. In this way, Count Edmont intends to rid the house of the lingering suspicion that it was complicit in a coup d'etat orchestrated by Ser Aymeric. Yet while Lord Artoirel had long dreamed of this day, it would seem that the recent revelations regarding the founding fathers of Ishgard had prompted him question the value of his birthright─until, that is, he recalled his late brother's words: “A knight lives to serve─to aid those in need.” And so he vows to follow Haurchefant's proud example and labor for the greater good of Ishgard. And should his resolve waver, he hopes that you will show him the way─as a brother.