A Spectacle for the Ages
|Quest Giver||Lucia - Foundation (x13, y11)|
|Reward|| 16740 2793 |
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Choices||For Those We Can Yet Save|
Upon speaking with Emmanellain for the second time, you will enter a duty. Siding with Ishgardian company, you will engage in a grand melee versus a combined company of Ul'dahn, Gridanian, and Lominsan fighters. Take note of the special mechanics involved in this fight:
- When an enemy is defeated, your force will be rewarded with "Tactical Points", and vice versa. You must reach 100 points to complete the duty.
- Defeating a regular enemy will reward you with 1 Tactical Point.
- One combatant from each company will be marked by the Fury's Gaze, noted by a purple line extending from each company's flag. Defeating these enemies will reward you with 10 Tactical Points. Defeating these enemies is the key to completing this duty.
Part 1: VS Allied Company:
- As soon as the fight begins, immediately search for the opposing company's combatants marked by Fury's Gaze and defeat them quickly. If you have high DPS, you do not need to worry about defending your marked allies or defeating non-marked enemies.
- Once about 40~50 points have been gathered, the Fury's Gaze will eventually mark Lucia the Radiant on your team, while none of your enemies are marked. At this time, defend Lucia from enemies or heal her with available potent healing skills until the next enemy is marked. It does not lead to failure if she falls, but it gives you more time to kill Fury marked enemies if she doesn't.
- When you have reached 90+ Tactical Points, a cutscene will trigger and you will begin Part 2.
Part 2: VS Flame General Raubahn Aldynn:
You will fight alone against Raubahn. If you are defeated, the duty will fail. Take note of his special attacks and avoid or heal from them accordingly:
- The Bull of Ala Mhigo: Raubahn will kick you, causing extreme knock back. This will likely push you into the burning field. Quickly jump back in to avoid burn DoT.
- Demoralize: Two dark fields will continuously appear on the field. If you linger too long in these areas, you will suffer some damage. Simply lure Raubahn away from these fields if you are a close-range fighter.
- Flaming Tizona: This attack has two parts. Raubahn will head to the center and summon flaming pillars on the outer edge of the field. Then, he will summon flaming pillars in the inner area of the field. Avoid the first part closing in on Raubahn, and then retreating away from him to dodge the second.
- The Curse: This attack has three parts. Raubahn heads to the center and consecutively marks the field with a number of black AoE fields three times, each covering a specific area. Similar to the evading Flaming Tizona, close in on Raubahn to avoid the first set of attacks, and then retreat farther as the attack progresses.
- Immortal Flame: Once less than 40% HP, Raubahn will jump to the center and begin a long charge of this attack. Four targetable Tizonas will spawn; destroy as many Tizonas as you can or suffer fatal damage. You will still take high damage if all four Tizonas are destroyed. Stabilize as necessary.
- Speak with Emmanellain.
- Speak with Emmanellain.
- Speak with Raubahn.
- Speak with Thancred.
- The grand melee is poised to begin, and Lucia would not be late.
- Lucia informs you that the grand melee is to be held in central Coerthas, just outside the city. Allied forces are already en route, and your Ishgardian comrades gather in the shadow of the Gates of Judgement.
- Lord Emmanellain is understandably nervous, though somewhat comforted by your presence. Marshaling his courage, he turns his thoughts from defeat to victory, and the stories he might tell Honoroit when he wakens from his torpor.
- Before the grand melee commences, Lord Emmanellain presents to you a gift: the colors of House Fortemps, which he and his father would have you wear into battle. Obliging his request, you don the armor and take the field with Ishgard, ready to face your brothers and sisters in the Alliance.
- Bards often sing of how, in battles, the champions of armies are wont to shun lesser combatants and seek out warriors of equal strength, that they might enjoy proper sport in the midst of war. So it was that Raubahn Aldynn, General of the Immortal Flames, the Bull of Ala Mhigo himself, swept aside all comers and challenged you to single combat. The raging flames held back all the world, and for a time, there were but two. Yet when at last the flames died down, and the others turned to see, only one remained standing. It was then that Ser Aymeric, raising both sword and voice to the heavens, proclaimed victory for Ishgard, for the day was theirs.
- As you watch the Ishgardians celebrate their triumph, Thancred, having finally returned from his quarrel with an errant cyclops, offers his congratulations. Though clearly injured, he brushes aside your concern, declaring that there are many, many more important matters to which you both must attend, one day at a time...as Minfilia would have done.
- Still grinning with the thrill of the fight, Raubahn declares that he had forgotten what it was like to feel so alive. Rarely do men in his position have the opportunity to take part in battle, and he cannot thank you enough for the indulgence. He duly takes his leave, but not before insisting upon a rematch, when time allows. As he strides away, you cannot help but wonder what might have been had the man been possessed of a full set of arms.
- Ser Aymeric's plan appears to have worked faultlessly, strengthening relations between the city–states and providing a victory certain to inspire the people of Ishgard. With a smile, Thancred tells you to be proud, for it was you that made all of this possible.